View Poll Results: Would you like to be involved in the Hallowe'en photo contest?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup!

22 70.97%
  • Nope, thanks

9 29.03%

Thread: Hallowe'en Pet Photo Contest

Hallowe'en Pet Photo Contest

I thought it would be fun to host one of these . I've noticed that we usually have one at about this time of year and I always think they're good fun. Of course, if one a contest is already underway and I have somehow missed it, then that's OK, I will delete this thread if that's the case.

Onto the rules and regulations!

1. Please PM me a pic of your pet (can be whatever, dog, cat, hamster, bird, ..you name it) by Friday 19th October. I won't accept late entries because by that time I will have begun to make the threads.

2. The pic can include more than one pet if you wish, but please only one pic per member. That keeps the contest fair!

3. Of course, the pet in the picture must in some way be linked with Hallowe'en, i.e. dressed up, sat on a pumpkin, etc.

4. I will organise the pics into heats of six each (that is, hoping there's enough to do so!). The pics with the most votes in each heat will go into the final, where the winner will be decided.

5. What does the winner get? Heh, good question. I haven't decided yet. The satisfaction of being the winner, I suppose.

Start sendin' em in!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Zara this sounds like great fun..................... so multiple pets in the pic, but only one pic per member? I am asking in case my husband wanted to send in also? Jupiter doesn't get along with anyone in the house but I know Jas is dressing him up too. I just want to clarify the rules so we don't break any.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Ohh I wanna enter,

Sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    Zara this sounds like great fun..................... so multiple pets in the pic, but only one pic per member? I am asking in case my husband wanted to send in also? Jupiter doesn't get along with anyone in the house but I know Jas is dressing him up too. I just want to clarify the rules so we don't break any.
    Sorry, my explanations of things aren't always the best.

Most people will just have one pet in the pic, but I know a lot of people like to take group photos, so that's why I allowed multiple pets per pic. You don't have to have more than one per pic if you don't want to.

I use the 'one pic per member' thing just so that it is no more likely for a certain member to win compared to another. Though of course, if your husband wishes to send in a separate pic to yourself, then that's fine with me. If he's not a PT member (sorry, can't remember if he is or not) then he can e-mail a pic to me at [email protected]. Or of course you could include Jupiter in your own pic. I will accept 'merged' images if you can't get them to sit together!

Glad that I already have willing participants!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Yes he is a member! and I wouldn't know how to merge anything LOL I am thrilled when this beast fires up when I hit the power button!

I am sure Jas will want to show Jupiter off for Kim(kimlovescats) and of course with the Kitty Ball coming up Woe and Lex and Lilly are dressing up...........we had to ask Edwina for fashion tips for Woe kitty though (he is taking Peony so he is quite flustered as she is an older lady.)
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

BUMP! I've so far only had one entry, so I may extend the deadline.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Zara I am planning on entering but have to find somehting for the boys to pose with
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

I'd love it, I'll give it a shot, neither of my pups like being dressed nor do they like to pose. I'll give it a shot.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I voted no, thanks because it is hard enough getting pictures of my cat in general! I'll enjoy everyone else's Hallowe'en photos though.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I WILL TRY BUT A LUCKY FOUND CAT TAERING AT A COSTUME IS NOT GOING TO BE ALL THAT ATTRACTIVE!
    THE LUCKY FOUND CATS ARE NOT ALL THAT COSTUME FRIENDLY.
    ERHAPS IF HH LADY EDWINA ROSE COULD SUGGEST SOMETHING TO HER JOSEPH????????????
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I just pm'd you with my entry.

I've had eight very good entries in so far - keep them coming!

Zimbabwe 07/13