Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mocha Back from the Vets! *Update post #10*

Mocha Back from the Vets! *Update post #10*

As you all know, Mocha has been having a hard time with URI's. Since I got her, over 6 months ago, she has had a URI 3x's now. Poor Girl hasnt realy been healthy at all. So I decided to try a new vet, which we will be seeing tomarrow. I am hoping that we will have a better outcome, cause I feel so bad for my baby girl. I just would like to see her healthy!! My vet, as sweet as he is, is an old timer, and isnt quite up to speed on all the new meds and such. So wish us luck, that we can this girl Healthy and happy again.
    Last edited by critter crazy; 10-02-2007 at 06:21 PM.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Aww, poor Mocha!

Maybe the new vet will know a good med...and maybe a good vitamin to take to ward off colds! Is there kitty Vitamin C?

Get better soon, Mocha!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Aww, poor Mocha!

Maybe the new vet will know a good med...and maybe a good vitamin to take to ward off colds! Is there kitty Vitamin C?

Get better soon, Mocha!
    Well she taes Lysine, which does help alot, i would hate to see her wothout it! Not to mention her Eye drops.I sure hope they can find a good med to place her on. cause my old vet just kept giving her Amoxicillan, and well, it never realy worked. It would help some, then just come right back again.
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Please feel better very soon, sweet Mocha! (smooch)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I hear you there about about different vets. My vet is very nice but she just isn't as up to date as other vets so I just use her for shots because she's cheaper but when there is a medical problem I go to a different vet.

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    As you all know, Mocha has been having a hard time with URI's. Since I got her, over 6 months ago, she has had a URI 3x's now. Poor Girl hasnt realy been healthy at all. So I decided to try a new vet, which we will be seeing tomarrow. I am hoping that we will have a better outcome, cause I feel so bad for my baby girl. I just would like to see her healthy!! My vet, as sweet as he is, is an old timer, and isnt quite up to speed on all the new meds and such. So wish us luck, that we can this girl Healthy and happy again.

Prayers going out for Mocha.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

We Are Fortunate In Two Ways.
    We Have A Vet Whos Experience And Has His Won Clinic And Has Been Practicing For Over 30 Years.
    And An Eager Vet Vet Whos Up To Date With The Most Modern Trends.
    Good Luck And We Pray That Youth Will Win Out And That Our Dear Friend Mocha Will Be All Right And As Right As Rain Soon.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Many prayers form me and the girls in Indiana that the new vet can figure out the problem and get a permanent fix for both of you! Poor sweet Mocha!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

I'm sorry to hear that Mocha is sick again. I hope that the new vet will be able to help her. I also switched to a new vet and she's great. Good luck.

*Update*

What a Morning!
    First off, mocha was a fabulous kitty, and everyone at the vets office wanted to keep her!
    The vet examined her, and was very concerned about her having so many URI's, and not ever completely getting over them. So he wanted to run a FELV/FIV test. Cause he felt that there must be some underlying issue, causing her to be so sick. It was the Worst 45 minutes of my Life!!! Having to sit and wait for those results! Then we had a scare when she was taken back to get her blood drawn for the test. Mocha Bruised realy badly, where they drew her blood, even tho she sat stock still during the process. So this caused even more concern from the vet, cause this meant her blood wasnt clotting properly.
    Thankfully she tested NEGATIVE!!! Woohoo!! But the doc is still concerned abouther clotting problem, the nurse had to keep pressure on her leg for about 15 minutes, to stop the bleeding, and bruising.
    Mocha will be on Batril for the next 14 days, if her URI does not completely go away, the vet wants her to come back in for more blood tests. He still feels strongly that there is something else, causing her to be so sick, he just dosent know what it is yet!
    Mocha has taken her first pill, like a good girl, and is laying down in front of the computer. Fingers crossed that the meds work, and she will be just fine.
    The New Vet is realy great, very informative, and genuinely cares. A little more pricey, as this trip cost us $152, but if it works, it is well worth it!!

After Thursday, when the Fosters go back, we will put a hold on Fostering until mocha is 100% healthy, This was recommended by the vet, and I agree completely!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Awee wittle Mocha get better soon.. So sorry you have to go back to the Vets.. Update please.. Sending Bigg Huggss Prayerss

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002
    Awee wittle Mocha get better soon.. So sorry you have to go back to the Vets.. Update please.. Sending Bigg Huggss Prayerss
    Thanks. Mocha appreciates it.
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

I hope everything will be okay with her. Prayers and positive thoughts that the med knocks the URI out once and for all.

From Decker with Love

I'm glad the tests came back negative. Now let's get to the bottom of the clotting business so that it's just a memory and everyone can be happy. Here's sending out lots of healing vibes and positive prayers that all will be well.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm glad the test came back negative. Hopefully she will heal just fine and no more problems or sickness for her.