Thread: Does anyone see any problems with this guy?

Does anyone see any problems with this guy?

I thought since so many people noticed what was wrong with the horse Kalie was going to buy do you notice anything obvious with this guy?
    He reminds me of a giant Triggy boy.

http://www.heavencanwaitequinerescue.org/luke.html
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

He looks great for 20, heck he looks great for 10! He has his legs well undeneath himself, stands squarely and moves off seemingly with a good attitude. He looks alert and interested in his surroundings. I am not as good with draft type conformation as it's not what I'm used to, but his legs look clean, especially for a guy his age. I don't see any odd swellings or lumps. The only fault I see is that he appears cow hocked, but if hes made it to 20 without lameness issues from is it's not going to bother him now. His feet look fine, can't tell exactly but the way he's standing he doesn't appear to be in pain. If you were consdiering him as a prospect I'd def go take a look at him.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    He looks great for 20, heck he looks great for 10! He has his legs well undeneath himself, stands squarely and moves off seemingly with a good attitude. He looks alert and interested in his surroundings. I am not as good with draft type conformation as it's not what I'm used to, but his legs look clean, especially for a guy his age. I don't see any odd swellings or lumps. The only fault I see is that he appears cow hocked, but if hes made it to 20 without lameness issues from is it's not going to bother him now. His feet look fine, can't tell exactly but the way he's standing he doesn't appear to be in pain. If you were consdiering him as a prospect I'd def go take a look at him.
    I agree completely!! Great post Vela!! I also think he looks great for his age! I also dont know alot about conformation in Drafts, but he sure looks nice, and i just love the Belgian breed! Gorgeous horse.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Thanks so much.
    My friend who used to ride Trig with me said to show her any horse before I go and look at them. I e mailed the guy back just to see how broke he is and to make sure he knows for sure he's all in great health.
    He looks very sweet and like he would be a big puppy dog.
    See ALL my pets here

The underweight thing is all I'd be concerned about. That and they're asking too much for him as compared to horses I've seen in my area. Without a history or a health exam you wouldn't know if being underweight is from anything ranging from genetics to intestinal cancer. They don't say how long ago they got him or what they've been feeding him and if they've noticed a weight gain in any amount of time.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Turns out he is 3 hours away from me.
    Which is alright I guess being as I'm not even supposed to get on until after christmas/spring.
    See ALL my pets here

He sure is stunning! Looks very well cared for.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

BTW I rescue 1,000 is not too much to ask for a nice well broke horse, if that's what he is. That's actually quite low. My walker was 4500.00 and my morgan was 1500.00, and I have had to put a lot more time and effort into my morgan than my walker. He's coming around and is a great horse, but you often get what you pay for and if you can get a broke nice tempered horse for 1,000 you are doing well.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I know absolutely nothing about horses, however I do know that he is a BEAUTIFUL horse! No, really, he is probably the most handsome horse I believe I've ever seen!

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    BTW I rescue 1,000 is not too much to ask for a nice well broke horse, if that's what he is. That's actually quite low. My walker was 4500.00 and my morgan was 1500.00, and I have had to put a lot more time and effort into my morgan than my walker. He's coming around and is a great horse, but you often get what you pay for and if you can get a broke nice tempered horse for 1,000 you are doing well.
    Ya, around here it's usually more but this is a rescue. Usually 2000 and you have yourself a decent horse.

Jessika I agree, he is stunning. I hope he gets a good home.
    I wish he was closer to me.
    See ALL my pets here