Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stress in our lives - a time to share

Prayers, love and positive thoughts going out also for each and every one of you who are going through stress, pain, heartbreak and worry, whatever form it comes in.

So many times I have wished that I had powers that God doesn't allow us to have. I wish that I had a special wand that would take away the pain and troubles and hurt from people who do not deserve such a load.

But I also know that with God anything is possible - so I put my wishes into prayers and ask God to please help out.

I am divorced after 23 1/2 years of marriage. At the time I did not understand why this was happening. But now after many years alone I know that truly it was a blessing because the problems were so much bigger than I was - and I would have been sucked under in the horrible name of addiction and it would have killed my spirit and ultimately me.

I truly will say prayers for all of you and hope that things get better. We women are much stronger than we realize - it is only once we are tested that our true strength comes out - but it is very difficult to get to that place.

pitc4, you're one of my favorite pettalk members. I am so sorry to read about what you're going through. It's not what you deserve. (((hugs))) Things will get better! I'll be praying for you along with everyone else who has to deal with this kind of stress.

Bless you everyone who has taken part in this thread, and bless you Sallyanne for starting it. As I was reading the various posts the thought that came to my mind was how many of my very favorite people are going through hard times right now. Notice that I said going through. These are not permanent situations. Sometimes when we get down everything looks so bleak that we can't imagine that tomorrow will bring any positive change. As the song says "the sun will come out tomorrow." It may not be actually tomorrow but it will return. I promise you that. I have learned to call these times *valley experiences* and believe that in my life they have helped me tremendously in my walk with God. When we are on the mountaintop we do not need Him. He is there ready to listen and to help. Sallyanne I am glad you are attending church and getting some counseling. You are a strong woman and a wise woman to take these steps.

As you know, my mom is quite elderly herself (actually much older than your mom) and she is in a nursing home and, when I visit, rarely knows who I am. I know that I could never ever care for her myself, physically or emotionally, and she knew that too (before her dementia got as bad as it is now) and always said that she would never want to live with either my brother or myself. Though I feel the guilt of not being there for her, I know that she is being well cared for at an excellent facility and that this is what she wanted. I am so sorry to read of the passing of your brother. I remember it was on a trip for you to see your brother that we were able to meet up and hand Gabe over to you to become a camper.

Many prayers will go up for all of you with your various concerns. I have had some very rough spots in my life as well but they have passed. I know that yours will too. As my mother-in-law always said "just keep looking up because He is looking down."

(((hugs)))

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I am truly awed by the love and support that is flowing through this thread. I hope it helps those of you who are suffering to know that you are not alone - you have many friends standing shoulder to shoulder with you.
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I read this thread when you first posted it and felt so moved by the conveyance of such personal feelings, yet didn't know how to express my appreciation for your sharing them. I've come back to this thread several times. I guess all I can do is say what is in my heart.

Those of us who are in the upper age brackets of this board have probably been down many a rough road. Even so, sometimes it feels like this latest one is steeper, rougher, and frought with more peril than we could ever attempt to handle.

I don't know if it helps to know that there are others out here scared silly about the future and how we are going to play the cards we are being dealt. But we certainly are here. We can personally relate to some of your situation and are equally intimidated by our own challenges which may differ. I will add you to those I say my humble prayers for and ask that you think of me as one of the ones who needs Divine intervention.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

SallyAnne, Jess, and Angie, I'm so sorry so much bad stuff has happened to you. I wish I could give you all a huge hug.

Things are looking up for me, but I've been in couples counseling since August '06. Some days I just cry for no reason and I want to just walk away, but I keep pushing on.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I am so sorry to read of all the stress you have been having in your life,i have had my share like everyone else, but they are pale in comparison, i think you have had enough, you poor thing, i can only imagine how hard it has all been, i am a highly stressed individual myself, it does not take much to make me feel that way, but gosh you have had so much, you must be stronger than you think my dear, to come through all that, i can only hope and wish for better times ahead for you and that you can retire as is your wish and soon, take care and giant gentle hugs to you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'm sorry to hear that so many of you are going through such hard times. I don't know what kind of words of comfort I can give, so I will just send some (((hugs))).

Angie, I'm sorry to hear about your marriage. I am responding to your post because I have a father who was extremely controlling and verbally abusive. My mom was married to him for nearly 30 years, and I had to live with him for almost 16 before my mom finally left (My brother was already 20 and he has a lot of issues from living with him).

She left because of me- I was completely miserable. But you know what, she never regretted leaving for a second and it's been nearly 9 years. I wish she could have left for herself, but I guess if she left for me that was good enough because I was just as happy to leave. If you cannot leave for yourself, then leave for Buddy and Sierra because they depend on you just like I depended on my mom.

Please, you can do this for yourself and your pets. (((Hugs))) to you.

11. SallyAnne...is self-employment an option for you? I left the corporate enviornment just over three years ago. My income is not back up to what it was when I worked in a corporation but it gets better each year. And it is a liveable income.

One of my sisters took an early retirement package at 59. She considered the self-employed route but decided to go to work for a non-profit. Again, the income is not what she was accustomed to earning, but she loves what she does and feels good about doing it.

My other sister retired from teaching at 58. She tutors and works in a program for seniors at the YMCA part-time.

Being self-employed doesn't mean you don't have to deal with difficult people...but you have more control over when and how much you deal with them. It requires discipline (more than I have sometimes... ) but can be very rewarding.

It can also leave you more time to take care of things...like your mother's needs -- and your own.

So there are options. Sometimes the options are not as obvious and it takes some digging to find out what those options are.

My thoughts are with you....