Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've got to be outta my mind!!! Possible new nekkid girl...

I've got to be outta my mind!!! Possible new nekkid girl...

Now that Lexie Joon is settled in her new furrrever home, I got a call from Joe, the breeder I adopted her from. He told me that there is a 7 year old Sphynx female that his friends are looking to rehome and asked me if I was interested (do little brown bears poop in the woods???). The original owner moved to Palm Springs and didn't take her with them (why I'll never know). She is depressed as she misses her hoomans. He said that I was the first person he thought of, since they were looking to place her in a home with an experienced Sphynx owner who knows the breed, not just someone who wants her as a novelty. I jumped at the opportunity. I'm waiting to hear back from the guy who is fostering her.

I'll keep ya posted. Her name is Isis (not fond of the name). Do ya think it's too late to change her name???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

How exciting. Gotta say, keep the name after 7 years she knows it
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

You'd still be keeping little Ali, right? She sure seems to need your love.

I hope it all works out for you! You're a terrific kitty mommie, and any little one is tremendously lucky to have you!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I hope that everything will work out for her. If she knows her name then keep it and if not then I'm sure you'll think of another great name. Good luck.

Maybe you could change it to something similar, like Iris, if you like that better ... you can always try, and see how it goes!

I'm absolutely keeping Alicat. I think rehoming her at this point would be detrimental to her socialization.

7 years is a long time to answer to the name Isis, so I guess it'll stay.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Can't wait for pictures!!!! I'd keep her name since she has had it for so long... Bad enough that her owners gave her away... If I did have to change it, I would wait until she has settled in and gets comfortable.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Terms of endearment

I never call any of my pets by just one name. Many times I change the name so dramatically that I am surprised when they appear. Most times they respond to my voice and tone and could care less which name is being used. Miley knew her name but would show up when I called anyone's name...just in case she was needed too!

I say call her whatever you want. She will be starved for affection and attention and will probably become a velcro kitty as soon as she arrives. See, I have her there with you already!

I would worry more about her "getting along" with the other pets...... not so much about her name..... but then I am a worry wart!

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Sas and her campers

All of my cats know their names. I've tested it before, and they can be scattered around the room and when I call a name, the correct one will look at me! Of course, I think she would associate whatever YOU call her with YOU, but maybe it would be a nice idea to make her feel more comfortable with her name for so long. Can't wait to hear more and "meet" her! I hope she will get along with the others! I am SO glad that you are still keeping little Ali too!!!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I love the name Isis... was going to call Lj that when we first got her, then she stayed with you....soooooo haha I have Lex and you got Lexies name!

Hugs!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    I'm absolutely keeping Alicat. I think rehoming her at this point would be detrimental to her socialization.
    OMG I am SO happy!!! This is the first I've read that you will keep her! So it's official then? YIPPEE!

Oh, it is nice you are taking in Isis, but *my heart goes pitter patter* Ali has her home!

That Reminds Me Of The Day In December 2005 When My Friend The Breeder Phoned And Asked If I Was Interested In Adopting Two Oriental Shorthairs. I Hesitated But I Am Of Course Delighted Now By Miquelito And Pouncierge!!!
    As For The Name , Remember The Line In Romeo And Juliet.
    A Rose By Any Other Name Would Be As Sweet.
    CON CAT ULATIONS ON YOUR ADOPTION OF ISIS.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Moosmom, I don't think seven years is too old to learn a new name. From what I've learned from you and Buttercup132 about Sphynx kitties, they are extremely smart, so she should have a new name down in no time flat. Welcome, new Sphynx cat!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Freedom,

Well, I really think it wouldn't be a good idea to rehome her, since she's become used to me and my crew. She comes for head scritchies, and comes running when it's time for their canned food. She adores MooShoo and is constantly rubbing against him for attention. She's still a little skittish, so I don't make any sudden moves.

I haven't told Kim yet. I know she has yet to be spayed (not for another 2 months). I can have her spayed right here in CT by the TEAM (Tate's Every Animal Matters). It's a low cost spay/neuter van that travels across CT fixing cats. The cost is $66 for everything including deworming, earmite treatment, spay/neuter, vaccinations and nail trim. Since she's has all of that except for the spay, it'll be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont
    I never call any of my pets by just one name. Many times I change the name so dramatically that I am surprised when they appear. Most times they respond to my voice and tone and could care less which name is being used. Miley knew her name but would show up when I called anyone's name...just in case she was needed too!

I say call her whatever you want. She will be starved for affection and attention and will probably become a velcro kitty as soon as she arrives. See, I have her there with you already!

I would worry more about her "getting along" with the other pets...... not so much about her name..... but then I am a worry wart!

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Sas and her campers
    I agree about the name. We got Red as a stray from the woods - have no idea what his name was, but it did not take him long to respond to Red. And Charley, our newest, another stray. Don't think he ever had a name. Now he comes when I call - no matter the name I am calling. He responds to my voice - not the word(s) I use.