Thread: A(nother) day at the Emergency Room

A(nother) day at the Emergency Room

Went to work today, even though my chest felt weird. Not to sound gross, but it felt like I had to burp a lot. An hour into work, I threw up. My chest started hurting more. I asked my boss if I could make an appt and he said YES. Regular doc couldn't see me until 2:30. My boss said, "With your symptoms I don't think you should wait" so I went to the ER.

Passed the EKG's they did (3 of them). They had me on a heart monitor for 5-6 hours and it was fine. They did give me some toradol which did nothing (muscle relaxer they said). Then when my pain was getting worse, morphine. Also did nothing. 20 minutes later, I was sweating like crazy, but was still cold. I was begging them to just help me, however they could. Could hardly talk, it hurt worse than ever before. So, they gave me nitroglycerin (sp?) to put under my tongue. It worked.

What is scary to me - when my mom had nitroglycerin... they told her if she was having a heart attack it would work, otherwise it would give her a heck of a headache. I didn't get a headache... so what should I assume?

I'm going to my regular doc at 9am tomorrow as a follow up. He told the ER docs (they called him) he will refer me to a cardiologist.

Sure wish this year would be over already.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

That sounds scarey! Hope you check out alright!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Wow, that sounds scary.

good luck!

*hugs*

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

keep us updated on what your doctor says, I hope you feel better!

Oh Crystal, my goodness gracious! Thank heavens you were at the ER when things got worse.

Prayers that they find out what the heck happened. Did they have any theories? Could it be stress induced? Although that sounds way over the top for a panic attack. But geesh, nothing showed up on their testing?

Prayers on the way!!!

That is very scary! Hope you find out what is going on and are feeling better very soon!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

That must have been terrible for you. I'm sending thoughts and prayers out to you right away. I hope you feel better soon.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

My Uncle Kip had nitroglycerine on hand for angina attacks - it's not just for heart attacks!

Hope you feel better soon and they find out what happened
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

HUGS. I hope everything gets figured out soon and you feel way better!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm back from my regular doc. He basically just gave me a referral to a cardiologist. Thinks it odd that the EKG's and heart monitoring as well as my blood pressure were all normal, yet I was in such pain. So, I see the cardiologist on Friday at 2pm.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Angina symptoms have almost the exact same symptoms as a heart attack, except the there's no pain radiating down the left arm.

I had an episode years ago when I worked for an obnoxious lawyer. Shortness of breath, tightness in the chest. After a stress test, it was determined that I was under an extreme amount of stress(my daughter was in a Florida hospital recovering from brain surgery due to a malignant brain tumor) and was having panic attacks.

Please keep us posted on your visit with the cardiologist. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((((HUGS))))))

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!