Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Black and White Cats

Black and White Cats

Hi I am new here and I own a black and white cat named Sam. Who else here has black and white cats or even solid black or pure white cats? I would love to see some photos if you have them. Also do they have any specific personality traits like my cat likes to be the only cat and she hates going to the vet(lots of hissing there!) Samsmom

Sounds like your cat is a cutie. There are a lot of people here with black, white, and black and white cats here.... Do you have any pictures of Sam that you could share.
    I have two cats one is a creme color .. Tinky and the other is a orange / red color... Jupiter...
    WELCOME TO PET TALK.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Former User Guest
    Hi and welcome! I have a black cat who's got few white hairs here and there, can't really call him black and white, ince he's 99% black! Anyway, thought to welcome you here!

Welcome Vermontcat.
    I just love the tux cats and I'll be ya get some pictures. There are a lot of people her that have those. My Braydee is mostly white with orange rings around his tail. Glad you're here - enjoy!!!

Black and white cats are great!!!
    I don't have one, but my boyfriend does. Her name is Wissel, she's seven years old, but most people think she's still a kitten because she's really small.
    She has a white chin, neck and paws and two white dots under her nose that look extremely funny. She loves to cuddle and sit on your lap, but let's you know immediately when she's had enough by biting your hand (sometimes very hard ). Are there any more black/white cats with a split purrsonality? Maybe they give into their dark side sometimes.....

Hi Sara & Tinky, Casper & Kitty, Purrley and Piglet

Thanks for the welcome. My cat Sam is actually 14 years old now but her baby pics look like Macey the COTD from July 30 but with a black nose and black spot under her chin. I hope to someday get some photos of her on here but it may be a while(we do have a new digital camera.)

C & K I love your cats they remind me of my college roommates cats Squirt and Shadow(he only had one white whisker with the rest of him solid black) I have lost touch with them since then but they would be 15 years old now) I got to see them grow up from tiny kittens to big 1 year olds!
    Piglet, I think my cat saves her dark side for the vet and strangers!
    Well, I gotta go now, Sam just circled under my chair which means get off the computer now because I want something!

I've got one black cat - Tubby. He has just a little spritz of white on his chest, and now that he's 16 years old, he's starting to get white/gray hairs lightly scattered all over, but seems to be a lot of them on his legs for some reason. He's a lover kitty, my big boy who has to be wherever I am, but he used to be a little terror when he was a lot younger. He definitely has a personality. Loves everybody, including strangers...well....maybe not the vet.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I have 2 black and white kitties and one black kitty. Here's some pictures of them

Peppurr:

Felix...I currently only have one pic of Felix uploaded to my image host. I'll upload some more after and post them

Vader...I only have 1 pic uploaded of him to. I'll upload lots more after and post em!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom and Cat Factory

Tubby looks like a sweet guy, would you say he has mellowed with age, my cat has. It's nice to see another cat from her generation. If you don't mind me asking how much does he weigh? My cat is 14 lbs now, her mom was a petite 1 year old that looked like the first few photos that The Cat Factory posted. Her dad must have been a big boy though because she definately takes after him, the vet says her bone structure is big so shes not just fat and fluffy but big-boned too.

Cat Factory, I would love to see more photos when you have them, all your cat photos are beautiful!

Hi Vermontcat!

Those kitties can be a bit sensitive about their weight... my Piglet (4 year old tabby) seems to always know when someone makes a comment about it and runs to the kitchen and gets all grumpy. I always tell people she's big-boned and thick-furred.

Personally I prefer the big fluffy kitties to the skinny ones, but they're all great of course.

I think Pepurr may well be Ritz's long lost twin...I do think Black and White cats have unique personalities - Ritz is absolutely "catzilla" at the vets - just wants no part of it at all.

I had a vet tell me once that black and white, particularly the "tuxedo marked" lovelies, have a tendency to be (and i quote) "tightly wound". This is the same kitty who flops over and goes belly up for a tummy rub and cuddles by my side at night.

Ritzee sez that she's just got very picky taste in hoomans, and doesn't care for any of them whatz put cold things in her purrsonal areaz!

I love black and white cats! Zippycat and Wolflady are both fans of these classic kitties!

Welcome to pettalk
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

a picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Originally posted by tuxluvr
    Ritzee sez that she's just got very picky taste in hoomans, and doesn't care for any of them whatz put cold things in her purrsonal areaz!
    LOL! LOL! Ritzy!! My two boys couldn't agree more although they just sort of cower til the whole thing is over!
    These pictures are all just great by the way!!

OMG!!! Ritz and Peppurr are identicle almost!

This pic made me do a double take

this is Peppurr...see the attached picture of Ritzy and tell me they weren't separated at birth! Even have the same "cutsey cat" pose thing going!

I think Peppur has a better set of "balanced" whiskers. Ritz has all black"eyebrows" except for one wild white hair!
    Attached Images Attached Images