Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Contact for breakups works for jobs as well...

No Contact for breakups works for jobs as well...

Hi. Things have been coming to a head with the company I work for.

I am one of three employees left. Up til now, we have been managed by a brilliant and creative entrepreneur who thrives on brainstorming and impulse and is often scattered and unfocussed.

These talents are wonderful for some things - not for others. We finally got a corporate guy on board at the beginning of 2007 to raise capital to move the company up and ahead. Our entrepreneur FINALLY got interested in reading over the business plan TODAY after being REALLY chewed out by our corporate guy on Friday.

I have been holding the fort together - and in the last several weeks, have been subject to crying bouts accompanied by sudden big nosebleeds. I have a doctor appt, but I know what it is...anxiety and burnout.

I have NEVER had a job description there, NEVER a written contract. I have been earning several dollars above minimum wage for 2 1/2 years. In spite of it being a publishing company, I never have been able to move from 'entry level' to a writing or other creative position.

And no one has been paid for some time - we have another staff member who has suspended services until she is paid.

So without getting upset...I am out of there. Not answering EN's phone calls. Emailed and said I was having major anxiety about coming in there.

With no writers or production people for the next magazine, my presence there will make NO difference whatsoever at this point.

If the Biz Plan gets finalized, and the company is reorganized, I would love to go back. We would have management people doing the actual managing!
    And salespeople doing sales...writers writing...designers desigining...'and a partridge in a pear tree.....'

It doesn't seem like much...but for me to draw the line and do what is best for me is a major thing.

I may start feeling a lot better REALLY soon.

Thanks for the ear/eye.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

GOOD FOR YOU CANDACE!!! Here is to hoping you start feeling great SOON!

Hugs!
    kym
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Candace,

You are a very strong person and I admire you for standing up for yourself. I would NEVER work without getting paid. That is a slap in the face. It's saying that you're good enough to do a job but not good enough to get paid for your work. That is ridiculous. I hope to God for your sake and the others that they wise up and realize what a good thing they have going.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanks so much. The new VP/Corporate guy is REALLY good. He has blown up at EN a couple of times. I think Friday did it!

EN has fought wonderfully on his own for 15 years to get this to where it is...he has tons of energy and talent. But now his child has to go to high school and college, know what I mean?

But now his child has to go to high school and college, know what I mean?
    That's no excuse for not paying the employees for their hard work.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You probably knew that "child" meant his company, which he started from scratch.

Because he is NOT a management type, paychecks have often run behind.

Trying to keep his "kid" to his chest will do NO good to anyone.

The "village" means letting other people take their place - corporate, etc - and develop this thing into a profit-making enterprise. THEN we'll have a real company.

Meanwhile, the postal outlet in a nearby drugstore here pays well...and I am taking my resume to the manager tomorrow!

Best wishes, Candace. Good for you standing up to him and telling him no money, no workee.

My mother used to respond with a biblical quote when we heard about workers going on strike somewhere, something along the line of "The laborer is worthy of his hire."

And whaddaya mean, "It doesn't seem like much..." That is a hell of a big, brave thing that you did! And I agree, I bet you will start feeling much better.

Meanwhile, the Postal job sounds promising.

Please keep us posted.

Right on, sister!

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by phesina
    Meanwhile, the Postal job sounds promising.
    Oh Candace, FINALLY!!! I am sure you feel a bit like being in the ocean without a life vest (never mind a life boat!) but you really did need to take action. I hope you feel better quickly!

I am not sure about the postal reference; just don't "go postal" on them, ya hear!

There IS something better for you out there!

LOL! "going postal"! Nah, I have GOOD meds!

Our national post office, Canada Post, also has outlets in some pharmacies. There is still a labour shortage here, and they really need people. My resume and I go in tomorrow, and the place is just a 10 minute walk away.

But I am so drained (with relief?) that I just wanna sleep for 3 days...I think I am getting a cold (really).

I didn't even quit. It was just...enough. My whole system just stopped. No more. Can't.

I am even screening my calls...I will not go there. It's like crawling out from under a weight, or under a wall where I've dug dirt bit by bit to just get away...and I am lying in a safe spot, tired.

Does that make any sense???

thank you all - I need HUGS!!!!!

HEY! Leave the postal jokes out of this! I resemble that remark!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

HEY! Leave the postal jokes out of this! I resemble that remark!
    Ok, I'll "lett'er" alone!

Candace:

{{{HUGS}}}

Lady's Human: apologies, apologies!

I don't know why you waited so long to do this.... You can't take empty promises to the bank!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

If anyone in this joint is going to go postal it's ME!

(I have seniority! )
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

If anyone in this joint is going to go postal it's ME!

(I have seniority! )
    FINE!!! BE that way! LOLOL