Thread: I time traveled yesterday.

I time traveled yesterday.

Really!

I was in a parking lot in Torrance when I heard this rumbling auto pull up next to where I was standing.

The car was a red and white mid fifties Bel Air station wagon.
    It was about 90 percent original and was in GREAT condition.
    The gal driving told us that the car 'lived' on a naval base in San Diego and was apparently passed down by sailors who bought it for cheap transportation while they did time on the base. This car still had the original upholstery in it-it was rather worn but I did recognize it from the Bel Air my our family owned.

I did a little walk around the front of the car.......then it was time to come back to the 21st century.

WOW!!!!

Isn't it great to "See" those classic beauties come into a parking lot all over again. Talk about taking A Sentimental Journey!!! Complete with the original upholstery too ~ So worn and So real.

I'm glad you got to see that too
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

My ex and I used to have a 1955 Bel Air. Of course, he took it. LOL
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Wow, that brings me way back to high school, when my boyfriend at the time rebuilt a '57 Chevy Belair.

That was in the 1970's then, but everytime I see a '57 Chevy, I think of Butch and HS.

Ah....... sweet memories. Pooling our quarters together to buy gas so we could cruise Central Avenue and be seen and see all the other hot rods!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).