Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pouncer in for Surgery :((Update post #52)

Pouncer in for Surgery :((Update post #52)

I knew Pouncer was getting sick again so I called the vet and begged for an appointment BEFORE the weekend to avoid a trip to the emergency vet on Sunday (thinking ahead for once)

As my gut told me: Pouncer's fully blocked. The vet was impressed I called it right and got him in so quickly and said its time for the surgery. I can't keep running him to the vet to be unblocked and sent home. Its not fair to him and surgery will be best for him. It'll also be cheaper in the long-run -- no more $100 vet trips to unblock.

She will try to get the surgery in tomorrow, if not, it will be monday. In the meantime she'll unblock him (obviously). So now I'll be a nervous wreck waiting to hear how he did and that he woke up from the anethesia.

Please offer prayers for a safe recovery. I miss him already.

Oh, and a good thing: my vet is seriously interested in Tuscan She's always wanted a big long haired orangie. She said she can;t promise anything but she wants to meet him.
    Last edited by catnapper; 09-10-2007 at 08:57 PM.

Prayers for you and Pouncer - fingers crossed for Tuscan and your Vet.

Pouncer And Mr Scrappy Angel Are There With Pouncer To Comfort Him During His Ordeal And See If They Cant Keep His Spirits Up.

Poor Pouncer Has Been Through So Much Already And We Are All Sending Prayers For Our Dear Tabby Friend.

And That Would Be Icing On The Cake.
    A Healthy Pouncer And Big Tuscan In A Furr Ever Home Where He Would Reign As King Cat.
    We Are Praying Hard For Both Things To Happen.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers for Pouncer.

Prayers all around. For Pouncer, for Tuscan and for the vet.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Prayers going out for Pouncer to keep him safe and well and for Tuscan for his new home and for you, too.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Awe.. poor Pouncer!! Hope the surgery goes well, and hey, maybe you can make a bargain on the surgery fee vs. the adoption fee for Tuscan, lol!!!

Big hugs going out to all your kitties!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian
    Awe.. poor Pouncer!! Hope the surgery goes well, and hey, maybe you can make a bargain on the surgery fee vs. the adoption fee for Tuscan, lol!!!

Big hugs going out to all your kitties!!!
    LOL! Bribery!

While the Pouncer's away, the Tuscan can play. Tuscan's been out all night and loving it. If my vet does decide to adopt him, she'll get one sweet kitty. What do you think I should ask for an adoption fee? $200? That surely will go a long way towards Pouncer's surgery.

I feel just awful for Pouncer. He's such a sweet cat and doesn't deserve this illness. I hope it solves all his problems and he lives pain free from now on. I know UITs are a common problem after this surgery, and I hope Pouncer will be one who avoids them. Question: Even after the PU surgery, they can still form cystals, right? They just have a larger hole in which to pee them out?

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    Question: Even after the PU surgery, they can still form cystals, right? They just have a larger hole in which to pee them out?
    correct

the idea being, PREVENT crystals with the correct food.

any report on how he is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    correct

the idea being, PREVENT crystals with the correct food.

any report on how he is doing?
    I know all about prevention -- I spend a small fortune every month on food for him. Feeding one cat special food is impossible, so everyone eats prescription food. Obviously prevention doesn't work in Pouncer's case. I'm almost positive stress is his trigger. We redid the bathroom. Ashley moved her room upstairs. Son left for school again. I was all stressed over family issues last month.... and we all know based on what the psychic said, he internalizes MY stress and makes himself sick. I DO believe she hit the nail on the head there.

No report for how he's doing. She wasn't sure when she could do the surgery. Its gonna be a long weekend.

We've just been hit with a lot of new bills.... $800 for emergency root canal for me two weeks ago. $600 for books for our son this semester. $1500 for another medical bill. Now this. I'm paying a LOT of people $100 a month til these bills are paid off!!!

How old is Pouncer?

Pete had his PU surgery several years ago as a very young cat. For the first 18 months post-surgery he had several UTI's. He hasn't had one in over two years now. He eats Royal Canin S/O formula and that seems to have made the difference for him. (all the cats eat it actually, but only Pete has to have it). My vet believes that in cats who develop this problem very young, it seems to lessen as they age. That has certainly been the case for Pete. He still had to have the PU surgery or he wouldn't have been around to get older, but now he's 8, happy and healthy.

I hope Pouncer is home soon and feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    How old is Pouncer?

Pete had his PU surgery several years ago as a very young cat. For the first 18 months post-surgery he had several UTI's. He hasn't had one in over two years now. He eats Royal Canin S/O formula and that seems to have made the difference for him. (all the cats eat it actually, but only Pete has to have it).

I hope Pouncer is home soon and feeling better.
    Pouncer turned 4 this past summer.

He's also on Royal Canin prescription food. But his is a different formula to help with his *ahem* weight issues as well as prevent the crystals. We were doing so well this summer. They hadn't seen him since late spring -- hey thats a record for my boy!

Will keep good thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Prayers for Pouncer. He is really so young for all of this BUT I know he will be ok. *HUGS* Katie and kits

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

poor pouncer!
    he'll be in my prayers! as will momma!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..