Thread: questions for woman who have babies?

questions for woman who have babies?

My sister had a doctors appointment today and she is 10 weeks pregnant today. They could not hear the heart beat but saw the baby? is it ok and normal to not beable to hear the heart beat at 10 weeks? Im more scared than my sister about it. She said she thinks it ok and when they did a vaginal one like a month ago they could hear it... I was wondering your opinions on it...

On average you can hear the heartbeat with a doppler between 8 and 12 weeks. This early on the doc has to get the doppler in just the right spot at just the right angle so it is not at all uncommon to not hear the heartbeat this early. If she is heavy then it may be even longer before she hears the heartbeat. I have lots of resources if you would like links
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim
    On average you can hear the heartbeat with a doppler between 8 and 12 weeks. This early on the doc has to get the doppler in just the right spot at just the right angle so it is not at all uncommon to not hear the heartbeat this early. If she is heavy then it may be even longer before she hears the heartbeat. I have lots of resources if you would like links

yeah links would be great ! Well she isnt really that big so hopefully the baby is just in a weird position. I just thought it was weird because when I was pregnant I heard the baby right away and never had the problems she seems to have.

I first heard Nathan's heartbeat at 11 weeks. My first appointment was at 9 weeks and we couldn't hear it. My midwife wanted to see me back at 11 weeks to listen again. That time we heard it.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I'll dig those up for you once I get Austin down for a nap
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I forgot that all of my links got erased when I reformatted. I'll see what I can find again and put them in this post.

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/check_heartbeat.html
    http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,9851,00.html

It was week 12 before we heard our little girl's heartbeat so it just depends on where the baby is in developing. I would say if they can't hear it on her next visit then she needs to get checked out.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Well I talked to her tonight and she said they couldnt hear it but they did see it beating so that makes me feel so much better now!!! Now I wonder if she has twins in their!! I heard alot of people cant tell they are pregnant with twins until around 16 weeks or later!! and she was a twin and twins run in our family alot!!

They couldnt hear the heart beat with mine at 11 weeks either through the vaginal ultrasound. they said it's very normal to not be able to actually be able to hear it that early and it happens a lot.... but usually you can see it beating on the ultrasound.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Sometimes it all depends on the babies position. When I was in teh hosiptal a few weeks ago because of bleeding(I am close to 8 months) they had a hard time first finding the heart beat and then keeping the machine in teh right spot to keep it there. I was not concerned though because I could feel him moving a ton. At one point while they were trying to find the heart beat he kicked/hit the mic and everyone felt and heard it. lol For teh whole 20minutes of recording they had me hold the mic at a weird angle and pressed in to keep the mic on the heart beat. The problem for us was not that he wasn't making a heart beat it was that he likes to be in a weird postition and move a ton.

So personally at 10 weeks I would not be concerned unless a doctor told you to be.
    Nicole & Sheena & Puppies