Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking some PT prayers for some special little ones

Asking some PT prayers for some special little ones

I'd like to ask PT'ers for their prayers for some little kittens caught through the TNRM program in which I participate.

A small grey long haired female under 6 months old, who had to have an eye removed yesterday. Had she been someone's pet, she would have received proper care and this never would have happened. She has a great foster mom to help her, but getting her adopted into a furever home has just become a little more challenging.

And Midnight, a kitten I actually trapped July 16th. You can see her story here:
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...hlight=blackie

Her brother, Blackie, tamed right up and has been adopted. However Midnight is not socializing well. She is described as a little witch who stills hisses, bites and scratches and wants nothing to do with humans. She may be going to another foster home to see if someone different can work with her. I was asked about releasing her back to her colony. Problem is, the folks who were feeding this colony moved to assisted living, none of the neighbors were interested in being caretaker for the colony so the colony has dispersed. There is NO colony to return her TO! Come one, Sweetie, we have only your best interests at heart, please come around!

Sandie,

Try putting her in a crate and taking her out to socialize her. Wrap her in a pappoose towel with only her head exposed. Kiss her, cuddle her and whisper to her.

If you'd like, I can try and socialize her and foster her since Lexie is gone. Let me know. I'll call you tomorrow on my day off.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Trudy here got adopted from our Humane Society - and she by no means has been there the longest! There is certainly hope - sometimes kitties like this get adopted sooner.

There is hope! And I hope Midnight warms up...let us know what happens with Donna's offer!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Ain't that the truth! Nobody was tougher to socialize than Puddy. She hated everyone, including me. But w/a lot of time and patience and love, she came around. Now she's my heart kitty. I wish I could take One Eye but I'm so stretched now w/my 7 and I have to think about what would happen to them if something happened to me. It just wouldn't be fair to them to take on more than I can handle. Where are you located?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

That is sad about Midnight!!! However, I think you will succeed!!! Have you tried any Bach Flower Remedies? Star of Bethlehem might help her out.....
    Nine is Fine!!

I hope that everything will work out and that both of these kitties will find the loving forever homes that they deserve. I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

I adopted a blind cat a couple of years ago (Ptolemy) and he is wonderful! I would not trade him for anything in this world

He is missing his left eye and only has 70% vision in his right, but he has absolutely no problem getting around (and into trouble )

Our Red was a one-eyed stray when we took him in.

Medusa, I'm in RI.

Everyone, just to clarify, I am NOT the one trying to socialize Midnight. She has been with a foster mom, someone who has socialized many kittens. (I can't seem to foster kittens or cats; I've kept each foster I ever had -- THREE!)

And, I didn't mean it will be impossible to place the one eyed kitten, just that it narrows down the field of potential adoptees. Not everyone will consider her. I haven't met her; but her foster mom is the woman who socialized Chaplin, met her several times.

Donna, thanks for your kind offer. I have asked if it is possible. I don't know how they feel about crossing state lines, working with someone who hasn't tried to socialize a kitten in the past, isn't part of the organization, etc. I HAVE asked if you could try her, I am waiting to hear.
    Last edited by Freedom; 09-06-2007 at 06:07 PM.

Hey everyone, they said YES!! Donna can foster Midnight and see if she can help get this little one socialized!

I already sent Donna a PM; I think she is working this evening, not sure on her schedule. They were trying to find a barn to release the kitten, oh I do hope this works for her!

Sandie

That's great news! Guess I should pay more attention to details as to where you're located. Duh.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Great news! I hope Donna is able to foster her! Donna, please be careful though, mad kitty bites can be bad!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Sometimmes It Takes A While. When John Hancock, Almond Roca And To A Certain Extent Miquelito And Pouncierge First Came Here They Didnt Want To Know Me At All.
    But The Kittens Came Over And After Two Or Three Years Of Running From Me And Hissing John Hancock And Almond Rocca Baton Came Around Too.
    We Pray Being A Kitten She Will Learn Who Loves Her And Good Food And Tlc Will Bring Her Around In Time.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Good luck with this. Some ferals just take longer than others. It's a shame she can't go to a home that would keep her and work with her. She may never be someone's lap cat, but I know she can be tamed enough to be someone's pet.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

A Job well done Sandra!! Let's home this little one starts to come around and realise the potential spoilt rotten lifestyle it can have!