Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Your dog would make perfect fighting dog bait"

"Your dog would make perfect fighting dog bait"

I went for an evening walk with Sassy to help her arthritis. Lately, she has been walking really well because the walks are helping. Anyway, we passed these two kids who looked like they were 11 or 12. I saw them pointing at her and laughing so I prepared a witty remark. You'll never believe what they said DIRECTLY to ME! "Your dog would make perfect fighting dog bait". I was completely horrified! I was two seconds away from slapping them. I said "It's people like you who make people hate pitbulls" and the kid said "Pitbulls bite people alot, they are mean dogs". Then they walked on laughing. I went straight home, absolutely HORRIFIED! I cannot believe someone actually said something like that. I have never in my life been so insulted!

I don't even KNOW what to make of this..What do these kids do? Fight pits? Were they influenced by Micheal Vick??

I have so many emotions. Confusion, anger, scared, frustrated, insulted!

Sorry, I am just horrified someone even said that. Weird thing is, I've never seen these kids before!

I am seriously so shocked, I am absolutely speechless.

Wow, what a horrible thing to say! I'm sorry they said that to you =(

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

That's really pathetic. I hate people like that. I had somebody say the same to me once when I had Jesse (my past Dachshund). I was horrified. I'm sorry you had to deal with that as well. That's awful.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I would think their family may fight dogs. I am sorry they said it to you. and YOU don't need to be sorry! they need to be sorry! (((hugs)))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

OMG!!! That's sooo fricken rude!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

If you can remember where they live, I'd drop the police an anonymous note about there potentially being dogfighting there.

If they were teenagers, I'd have retorted "So do you, but maybe we'd have to break your ankles first to make it fair."

lol I like Karen's idea of what to say to them.

That is absolutely horrifying what they said to you. I would be so scared.

If it wasn't for so may laws these days I would have slapped them silly.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

pathetic is right..Sorry that happened to you. I doubt they fight dogs, but if you are worried don't be afraid to report it, it certainly wouldn't hurt. If anything maybe the AC will give them a nice talking to.

So sad that teens think this way. I wonder if the school principal would be interested?

Hugs to you and remember it was a reflection on THEM not you!

Problem is, I have no clue where they live, I don't even know who they are. Alot of people come on our block that no one knows, they could be from anywhere around here from some other neighborhoods. I didn't even recognize them. I don't even know how old they were, but as I said they looked 11-12 years of age and they could have been even younger. I am not THAT mad anymore, but if I EVER see them again I'll definitely have something to say.

I hate living on this block, SO many people we all don't know come here. Police officers often come to check these people out. We've even had attempted kidnappers nearby in our neighborhood, it never did happen. Most of the strangers don't say anything, but you'll always get the 1 PERSON who does.

They were wearing some kind of Jersey for a sports team so that's why I assumed they got it from the Micheal Vick guy.

Freedom, we didn't start school yet, plus if I was right about their age they probably are only going into 7th or 8th grade. I am going into High School.

Sounds like some stupid little kids trying to make you angry. If you see them again just ignore them, if you act all shocked and angry they will just do it more and more.

I'm sure they were just doing it to get a rise out of you. Being 11/12 I'm sure they are very immiture and obviously not educated. I highly doubt they actually fight dogs, or their families. Being as it is illegal I dont think they would be going around saying they fight them.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I just found this as I was browsing on craigslist, and I thought of you! Hope it cheers you a bit.
    MY DOG LIVES INT THIS HOUSE!
    MY DOG LIVES IN THIS HOUSE. YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME AND VISIT ME ANYTIME BUT WE HAVE A FEW THINGS THAT YOU MUST UNDERSTAND BEFORE YOU VISIT.

YOU MUST EXPECT A FEW DOG HAIRS TO STICK TO YOUR CLOTHES. I VACCUUM AND CLEAN DAILY, BUT MY DOG LIVES IN THIS HOUSE TOO.

YOU MAY BE LEANED ON AND FIND HIM IN YOUR LAP A FEW TIMES BUT HE DOES THIS BECAUSE HE LOVES PEOPLE AND WANTS TO SAY HELLO, SO IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE TOO GOOD FOR HIS LOVE THEN YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE BECAUSE THIS IS HIS HOME TOO.

MY DOG IS WELL MANNERED AND VERY CLEAN, BUT IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT THINKS ALL ANIMALS ARE DIRTY AND SMELL THEN GO AWAY. YOU ARE NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT I CARE TO ASSOCIATE WITH. IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SOUND OF BARKING, THEN MY HOME IS NOT GOING TO BE A COMFORTABLE PLACE FOR YOU TO VISIT.

DO NOT EXPECT ME TO LOCK MY DOG IN ANOTHER ROOM DURING YOUR VISIT. I HAVE TRAINED MY DOG WELL SO HE WILL NOT DO ANYTHING TO YOU EXCEPT MAYBE WANT A PAT ON THE HEAD. I WILL NOT SUBJECT HIM TO FEEL AS IF HE IS BEING PUNISHED BY LOCKING HIM AWAY FOR NO REASON. THAT WOULD BE CRUEL.

WHEN YOU WALK INTO MY HOME, BE CAREFUL NOT TO TRIP ON A STUFFED TOY OR BALL. THESE ARE MY DOGS TREASURES AND I WILL NOT TAKE THEM AWAY FROM HIM JUST TO SHOW YOU THAT I KEEP A CLEAN HOUSE. HE KNOWS WHERE HIS TOYS ARE AND THEY MAY NOT LOOK LIKE MUCH TO YOU, BUT TO HIM THEY ARE WORTH MORE THAN GOLD.

YOU SEE, THIS IS OUR HOME. WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER SINCE HE WAS A SMALL PUPPY SCAMPERING AROUND THE HOUSE. I RAISED HIM INTO A WELL MANNERED BEAUTIFULLY BEHAVED DOG.

I AM PROUD OF HIM. I CONSIDER HIM MY PERSONAL GIFT FROM GOD. HE HA DONE NOTHING BUT GIVE ME HIS ENDLESS LOVE AND DEVOTION FOR MANY YEARS. I LOVE HIM DEARLY AND WANT TO MAKE HIS YEARS HAPPY ONES, AS HAPPY AS HE HAS MADE MINE.

WHEN YOU GO HOME TO YOUR FAMILY, HE STAYS HERE WITH ME. A FINE AND LOVING COMPANION. HE IS MY FAMILY AND I WOULD'NT CHANGE THAT FOR THE WORLD.

WHEN IT WAS COLD AND THERE WAS NO HEAT, WE KEPT EACHOTHER WARM. WHEN I WAS SICK, HE STAYED RIGHT BY MY SIDE, AS DID I WHEN HE WAS NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY. A BETTER FRIEND I COULD NOT ASK FOR. WHEN NO ONE ELSE CARED, MY DOG DID. HE HAS GIVEN ME NOTHING BUT PURE JOY AND I LOVE HIM ENDLESSLY. SO PLEASE UNDERSTAND I AM NOT BEING RUDE......I'M JUST LOOKING OUT FOR MY BEST FRIEND

********AUTHOR UNKNOWN***************

People today are very rude, mass hysteria might be the cause ot the remarks, but I find kids today to be very bold and rude, something we would never have thought saying as kids. Too bad you don't know where they live. Karen is right....a police visit might help settle them down. Shrug it off and just love your dogs.

Yeah, I'd have told them they'd make even better bait and that, at least the fighting dogs would be ridding decent members of society of scum like them so some good would come out of it.

Plenty of kids can be so nasty and horrible for absolutely no reason these days. Makes you wonder about their parents....or lack of...
    Dogs are not our whole lives but they make our lives whole.

www.tmhudsonfineart.co.uk