Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Boy Blue Needs More Than A Haystack

Little Boy Blue Needs More Than A Haystack

Hi all ~
    I'm new here but I think my friend, kuhio98, will vouch for me as a true "cat mom." I have three, all rescues: Mordred, Lady, and "the special, precious petite prinCESS Althea."

"Little Boy Blue" here was "dumped" at my barn last Wednesday; on Thursday,I was able to trap him. He's only about 3 months old, just a little guy at about 2-1/2 pounds. I cannot adopt him - my tiny house is already full with the three in residence and, being on a fixed income, his insurance & care would stretch my resources. I'm looking for a loving fur-ever home for him. He's at the vet's, where he'll be tested for FIV/FeLV tomorrow; assuming he's negative, he'll be neutered and vaccinated. All this is being paid for by a loving and generous friend; another friend (both of them long-distance) has offered to help with boarding and transportation costs.

Is there anyone here who might be interested in adopting him? Or perhaps you know someone? Because I don't know any of you personally (except kuhio98, of course ) would require a veterinary reference, but I'm sure this group understands that. The little one is in Maryland and, while I'm not going to send him across the country, almost anywhere in MidAtantic area is doable; a bit outside that might also be doable.

I have candles lighted and prayers being said for him. If you might be able to help, please PM me. If you can't help, surely you can offer a prayer that his fur-ever mom will soon be found.

Thanks for caring!
    Last edited by maerlyn; 08-28-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Oh! He's adorable. I sure hope all his tests are negative. I just know we can find him a wonderful home!

Everybody ~ maerlyn is OUR kinda people! This woman -- at her own expense -- on a fixed income -- vaccinates, spays/neuters, treats and finds homes for many "wanderers". People dump animals near her. Somehow they always know to head for this kind woman. If prinCESS Althea would allow it, I'm sure she would have many more pets.

Please get the word out. Hopefully we can find this little one a home right here so we can all watch him grow up!
    Last edited by kuhio98; 08-27-2007 at 03:41 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Lots of prayers headed your way and for little boy Blue. He sure looks like a sweetie pie.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thank you very much, kuhio98, for that very generous endorsement. I really appreciate it; didn't want people to think that I'm some sort of weirdo (well, I am - but in a good way )

And thank you so very much, Mary, for the prayers; I've been the recipient of a miracle thru prayer (long story involving Althea), so I know the power.

I spoke with Bonnie, who's the vet tech/office manager at the hospital; she says he's doing fine. He'll be tested tomorrow after he's anethestized for the surgery; she feels he's negative.

Y'all seem to be real animal lovers here, so I'll keep you posted!

What a cute little guy!

Welcome to PT!! I really wish you and Little Boy Blue to best of luck in finding his new home. I'm way over my limit with seven cats (2 came from a litter a stray mom had in my back yard last year).

Anyway, bravo to you for helping him out!

From Decker with Love

Welcome to PT!!! He sure is a cutie pie and I hope that you'll find him a wonderful loving forever home. I'm also over my limit with 6 cats and I'm also way too far away to adopt him even if I wanted to. Good luck.

I tried to pm lbaker aka Laurie since she was interested in adopting the other kitten in the rescue thread but he was already adopted. Her pm box is currently full. I'll start a thread in general to let her know that her pm box is full.

The best of luck with Little Boy Blue.

I am now living in a nursing home and had to give up my own cats.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!

jazzcat, krazyaboutkats, and Felicia's mom - thank you so much for the good wishes; we need all we can get. Like you, jazzcat & krazyaboutkats, I'm at my limit; I found out the hard way that four in this house just doesn't work when I fostered my married son's cat last summer. (Linus had started attacking my then-3-year-old grandson and had to be rehomed, which was done very successfully. ) Little Boy Blue will stay at the vet's until at least next week; hopefully, his fur-ever mom will be found before then. I"m just using that to buy some time.

Bonnie just called me a few minutes ago; the little guy tested negative for FIV/FeLV and has been neutered. They're holding off on the rabies vaccination until they're sure he's old enough. He is frightened (who wouldn't be?), so he needs time to learn to trust - although I did see Bonnie, the day I took him there, hold him upside down like a baby & rub his belly. If I walked toward him, though, he started to panic. I keep remembering how he mewed when he heard me coming into the barn - and again outside my living room window. He certainly was asking for help - but is a bit afraid. I just want to be real honest about him because I so want him to have a loving home with someone who understands cats. (Which seems to be about everyone here. )

Perhaps Laurie *will* be interested - and she's certainly close enough that transportation would lbe easy. There is help with transportation costs if need be, thanks to a cyberfriend in Texas.

Felicia's Mom - I feel so bad for you, that you are not allowed to have feline companionship in the home. My name is on the list for a retirement village, although I don't intend to move for years yet - but the thing that really sold me on this particular community was when I found out that my cats are welcome.

Thank you all again for your good wishes and anything you can do for Little Boy Blue; ;I am so very grateful.

I don't know if the timing is good or bad, I have to think about this. My dear love Emmitt and I had to say goodbye to each other just yesterday at noon. He was 17 yrs old and the main man in my life. My son & his family live with me and all together we have 5 dogs and [sadly] only 5 cats now. Our furkids are indoor/outdoor (large shady yard is well fenced which keeps the dogs from running) but there is no way I could guarantee an indoor cat only atmosphere. I'm in a very sad confused state right as you no doubt understand. Let me think about this and discuss the situation with the two-leggers and four-leggers BlueBoy would be sharing with.

Laurie
    ~ at least I'm not...

Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry. I didn't know.

Oh, Laurie. . .

. . .I am so deeply sorry that your beloved Emmit had to make his transition. You *know* that he's well and happy, I know, but your pain is still very great.

My most profound thanks for considering Little Boy Blue. He does, I think, need to be an indoor-only cat, at least for a while, although he seems to want the company of other cats. The evening before I trapped him, he was on the back of the chaise on the patio, which butts up against the bow window in the dining room, when he saw Althea at the window. She definitely did *not* encourage him, hissing and swatting - but he so obviously wanted to see *her*. But if you let him out at this point, you'd probably never catch him; as much as he wanted & asked for help, he ran off (though not far at all) if I went toward him. I'm trusting the Creator to guide the right fur-ever mom to him.

I'll say a prayer that the Creator will hold you gently in the hollow of His hands, comfort you, and help your heart to find peace.

Good Luck Little Boy Blue, you found an angel!!

maerlyn ~ Hope you don't mind, but I posted another photo of Little Boy Blue that I found on another website. He's soooooo adorable! Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed that someone here will adopt him so we can watch him grow up. Sure which I lived closer.

He's a Heart-Melter!

Of course not, kuhio98 - I'm grateful. In fact, I came today to post some photos that I took just today, as I wasn't happy with the others.

He's made great progress in the past week! Today, I went upstairs to his cage all alone; he initially shrunk to the back of the cage, but when I put my hand in (it's a big cage - used for big dogs after surgery), he not only didn't try to get away - he actually stretched his little neck up for his head to meet my hand! When I picked him up, he nestled into the crook of my arm and was quite content for me to rub his shoulders or the base of his ears - and purr and purr and purr. . . .

He needs a quiet, indoor-only home, and he'll do wonderfully well.

So here are his latest portraits:

Last edited by maerlyn; 01-09-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Replace photos

Aw sweet boy! I sure hope he finds a permanent home soon. He wouldn't be happy here, that's for sure. My younguns are so rambunctious.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11