Thread: My Buddy

My Buddy

I have been fostering my aunt's cat Buddy for the past 10 months. After 18 years, she passed this weekend. She was a warm, loving kitty. She was my "special kitty". I miss so very much. I was able to be with her during her last moments, which was very important to me. I know she wasn't "my cat" but she was! The last few months her health was going down hill, but I was the one who took care of her. Her special feeding, gave her all her meds - she became part of my family. It is very hard to be in my own house with out her. I look over at her place on the couch, she's not there. I check my bed in hopes to find her sleeping, again she is not there. My other 3 cats must know, they have also been "looking" for something. My one cat Jojo who has never been a lap cat, has turned into one overnight. He has been by my side ever since Saturday morning. I feel so sad and empty inside, like a piece of me is missing. I know she is in a better place and they she no longer is in pain, but it still doesn't help with the hurt. Here are some pics from her last few months:

God bless my sweet lil girl, my lil mama, my lil budbud. Know you were loved very much and missed even more!
    From my heart to yours - I love you
    Janine

Beautiful Buddy!

That first pic of her sleeping - she has that 'kitty smile'!

Few cats are lucky to live so long - and fewer still to be so loved and loving.

I hope in the future you will be comforted by the wonderful memories of dear Buddy - she was and is gorgeous.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Such a lovely orange and white! Buddy has an wonderful long life, and that means lots of love to her and from her to her humans. That love lives on now. Hugs to you! Have a grand time at the Bridge, Buddy!

Have fun at the Rainbow Bridge, beautiful Buddy!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

What A Special Cat Companion Buddy Was For All Those Years To Your Mom And You. And You Can Tell From Her Photos What A Truly Special Friend Buddy Is.
    The Pet Angel Army Is Having A Dinner With Buddy As Guest Of Honor At The Kings Arms Tavern In Williamsburg Virginia Where They Are Continuing Thier U S Tour.
    Buddy Will Certainly Find Many Interesting Places To See And Great Dining For You And Your Mom To Enjoy When You Are Reunited In Love.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Buddy truly was your buddy and the pain you feel will soon be replaced by loving, comforting thoughts of your budbud. RIP, sweet kitty. You were a beautiful girl and now you can wait without pain for the time when you can be a buddy to your loved ones again.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Unhappy

What a lovely ORANGELADY!!! You did a good thing caring for her. Sleep softly, sweet Buddy...
    Nine is Fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by may51380
    I have been fostering my aunt's cat Buddy for the past 10 months. After 18 years, she passed this weekend. She was a warm, loving kitty. She was my "special kitty". I miss so very much. I was able to be with her during her last moments, which was very important to me. I know she wasn't "my cat" but she was! The last few months her health was going down hill, but I was the one who took care of her. Her special feeding, gave her all her meds - she became part of my family. It is very hard to be in my own house with out her. I look over at her place on the couch, she's not there. I check my bed in hopes to find her sleeping, again she is not there. My other 3 cats must know, they have also been "looking" for something. My one cat Jojo who has never been a lap cat, has turned into one overnight. He has been by my side ever since Saturday morning. I feel so sad and empty inside, like a piece of me is missing. I know she is in a better place and they she no longer is in pain, but it still doesn't help with the hurt. Here are some pics from her last few months:

God bless my sweet lil girl, my lil mama, my lil budbud. Know you were loved very much and missed even more!
    From my heart to yours - I love you
    Janine
    Buddy was a very beautiful kitty. Your aunt and you were lucky to have Buddy to brighten up your lives for 18 years. I can feel your loss and sadness because four years ago on the 23 of August I lost my companion, confidante, and part of my heart Thai, a beautiful bluepoint siamese due to old age after 22 wonderful years together and it's still sad to think of her at the bridge, Buddy is there at the Rainbow Bridge now romping with Thai. RIP, sweet Buddy!

RIP Buddy! What a long, beautiful life you had. Play hard @ the RB.

Buddy was indeed a very beautiful girl. She lived a good long life and knew she was loved.

May the loving memories comfort you and help you overcome the pain.

Rest in Peace dear girl and have fun on the RB.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010