Thread: middle school blues

middle school blues

hey guys this is my first time talking here and i know it says i am 22 but i just do a different age cuz i know some websites dont let ppl in under age 18 i am really 14 and i have a problem. i am in no classes with my friend this year and i am so bummed out. she is my best friend and not alot of my other friends are on my team. im so upset. im a big bad 8th grader this year wish me luck

yeah i guess i am already an A student and like u i want to be a vet. i have wanted to since i was 8 years old and i am gonna work as hard as i can to accomplish that goal.

PS this is a pic of my dog abby shes an airedale terrier just turned 2 in may
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well that is great to hear, and I love your dog!! What a cutie!!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

yeah thanks she doesnt listen the best but shes doing great. shoulda seen her as a pup she was so cute. do you have any pics of your pets

Yes, I do, but they are to big to be posted. Here are the websites for my little balls of fur:
    unfortunately I had a little trouble inserting the links, so you'll have to type them in.

http://hometown.aol.com/french4ever808/page2.html

http://hometown.aol.com/french4ever808/page1.html

http://hometown.aol.com/french4ever808/index.html
    Last edited by RockyRoad; 08-15-2002 at 07:32 PM.

oh! it worked! i guess you don't have to type it in lol my mistake!

Hey, conveniently enough, I'm an 8th grade Social Studies teacher!! I know, just what you DIDN'T want to hear. But....I do have a little bit of insight about 8th graders since I've taught middle school for 7 years now. If your school is like ours, the 8th graders all eat together, so you should be able to socialize then and there is always the halls during passing period. What I always tell my students when they complain about not having friends in a particular class is to look at as an opportunity to make some new friends...I know...easier said than done, but you could try it and see what happens.

I will offer the same thing here as I do to the other middle schoolers...if you need to talk about school, feel free to let me know.

Good luck with your 8th grade year. I have to go in tomorrow and the kids start on Monday. Let me know how your first week goes...I'd be curious to see how you perceive being a big bad 8th grader now.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

This is an opportunity to get creative...

Now, don't get me wrong, you should pay attention and do your work...but why not take your free time to write your friends letters and notes? I did it and saved them, they're hilarious to this day!! You can draw cartoons about the days events, etc. It's what I used to do in study hall all by my lonesome.

Study hall - I used to do that in class Just use this opportunity to make a bunch of new friends Then you will have lots of people inside and outside of class to hang out with

WELCOME ILOVEMYABBYGIRL ( THAT TAKES SOOO LONG TO TYPE!) HOPE YOU ENJOY PET TALK - YOU'LL GET GOOD ADVICE HERE AND YOU CAN BE SURE PEOPLE CARE. TAKE ON BOARD WHAT MUGSY SAYS - SHE'S ONE CARING LADY AND CAN REALLY HELP YOU. COURSE COMING FROM ENGLAND I'M NOT UP TO SCRATCH ON THE AMERICAN SCHOOL SYSTEM - BUT IF YOU'RE NOT WITH YOUR FRIENDS IN CLASS, DON'T WASTE THE TIME - USE IT TO DO YOUR BEST WORK!
    GOOD LUCK FOR THE COMING YEAR ILMAG - THE PIC OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL ABBY MADE MY DAY - AND I'M A CAT LOVER!!

LYNNE

Hi ilovemyabbygirl, welcome to PT!!
    I agree with the others here that you can really use this opportunity to make new friends. I had the same problem when I was 15 and ended up in a class without any of my friends because I chose different subjects. I felt real lonely at first but at the end of that year I knew lots more people who I normally wouldn't have talked to, and still had my old friends aswell!!
    Good luck!

Trust me... wait til you get to Highschool. I'm a Freshman in highschool this year and back in 8th grade I only go to see my best friend at lunch. I have 3rd period this year with her and of course lunch but it is sooooooo confusing because the school is so big. You'll make new friends, i'm sure. Well.... im off to school woohoo!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

yeah thanks guys the only thing im worried about is partner things. i am soooo shy and it is really hard for me to do the getting to know u things. thats the main reason i wanted a friend in my classes. but oh well i have other friends i guess.

ps. you guys can call me meg if my screen name is to hard to type lol

pps. thanks for a such a warm welcome really makes me feel at home here

Hi Meg,

Don't worry about the partnership/group work. You'll be fine, just be yourself. I go to college at night and am constantly in new classes with new people...I have met so many nice people, it's been great!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...