Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I truly that strange???

Am I truly that strange???

Last NIght, around 10 pm I had to run to the store, I go out in the driveway, and the first thing I always do before getting into a Dark car, Is look into the Back seat!! It is one of my biggest fears!! i am so scared that there is someone hiding back there!! My problem last night was, that the interior lights in my car didnt work!! I was Terrified!!! I kept looking behind me the whole way to the store!!! Hubby says I am a freak, Am I??? Am I the only one who does this????
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

You are not a freak! Believe me, your not the only person who does that.

Whenever I walk up the stairs at night, I look into every room and make sure no one's in there. I also think someone got through a window or broke in the house and they are hiding upstairs.

It's just a fear. Your not a freak. I bet there are lots of other people on PT do stuff like that.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

No, critter_crazy, you're definitely not strange for feeling this way. Kittygurl, I do that too! I also always turn on the hall light before going upstairs. I NEVER take a shower when I'm home alone, etc. It's a fear for me to and I doubt I'll ever get over it. Before I go to bed, I also have to check if my window is LOCKED tight.

Better safe then sorry, right?

Nope, you're not strange CC.
    There are so many creeps around these days, I feel that what you do makes a lot of sense.
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Nope. You're not a freak. But, you're braver than I. I would never, ever, ever unless someone was bleeding, burning or dying go to the store at 10 at night. Too many crazies and idiots out in our area after dark.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Phewwww.....thank god I am not alone!!! I am a freak when it comes to being alone, and the Dark!! i am terrified of the Dark, I am almost 30 yrs old, and I am still petrified of being alone in the dark! I dont know if it stems from Growing up in a bad area of L.A. or what. I too constantly check rooms, lock doors windows, as well as leave lights on. I dont like taking showers while home alone either, i always hear things when I do, and just get freaked out!!

I have no Idea how the heck I managed 11 yrs in The Military!!! Must of been that M-16 by my side, that made me feel safe!!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Hey, you're not alone mate....believe me.
    I have two Jap swords, one under my bed, and one in my office, and I know exactly how to use them.
    Ya can't be too safe these days.
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

Maybe you should invest in a flashlight that fits on your keychain for your car keys. One sweep of the back seat with that, and you'd feel much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Maybe you should invest in a flashlight that fits on your keychain for your car keys. One sweep of the back seat with that, and you'd feel much better.
    You know Karen, I used to have one and my darn hubby borrowed it once to use while working on his truck, and I have never seen it again!! I guess i will have to get another one!!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Your not the only one, when i'm older and can drive if I ever go out at night i'll probably do that too. Also sometimes at night when the stairway to upstairs is dark I run up the stairs so fast since it right near the livingroom which is pitch black. Also I check my closet, and have to have the doors closed or I get freaked out. I know that if I ever get a apartment for awhile when I move out that i'll have to have a roommate living there with me, or i'll get freaked all the time at night.

It is a little strange that you would go to the store at ten o'clock at night.

I will never leave the house after nine. It just doens't feel safe out at night, but for some reason I'll stay outside until 10:30 with my friends on my block.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    It is a little strange that you would go to the store at ten o'clock at night.
    I actually went to the Convenience store just down the road, I was out of Smokes! But I do have a tendancy to go shopping at night, as I can avoid the big crowds, especially if I go to Wal-Mart!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyGurl
    I will never leave the house after nine. It just doens't feel safe out at night, but for some reason I'll stay outside until 10:30 with my friends on my block.
    Uh, what? You never leave the house after nine, but you stay outside until 10:30 with your friends on your block?

I'd have to have a real good reason to go out at 10:00 at night,even in my nice little town. No worries about my back seat, I drive a truck. My hubbys truck has an extended cab though and I do indeed look in the back before I get in, even if it was locked in our driveway. I've seen too many movies.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla