Thread: Frustration With Menu Foods!!!

Frustration With Menu Foods!!!

As many of you know, I lost my cat of sixteen years in March due to contaminated pet food. I have filed a claim with Menu Foods, but have yet to hear a response. I mailed the claim on June sixth, with a return receipt. I know that they did receive it. The number that I have as the contact number they sent me with the claims form has a recording that states because of a court order they cannot talk with pet owners. I also tried to email them, but when I hit send I was told that the page was no longer available. All I want is to know what is happening with this process, but I can't seem to find any answers. I feel that they are probably in the process of filing bankruptcy so they will have to pay no one. I was just curious as to if anyone here on PT has heard anything about what is going on with the recall.
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

http://www.fda.gov/ Contact the FDA - for all you know, there may be a class action suit.

See if there is a department at the FDA looking after this. There is a link to the FDA on the Menu Foods site.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    http://www.fda.gov/ Contact the FDA - for all you know, there may be a class action suit.

See if there is a department at the FDA looking after this. There is a link to the FDA on the Menu Foods site.
    There are many class action suits associated with this. They have not even been in contact with my vet! I will contact the FDA, though. Thanks!
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

I'm so sorry that you still have no answers!!

A class action suit sounds like a good option to me!!

KIrsten

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten
    I'm so sorry that you still have no answers!!

A class action suit sounds like a good option to me!!

KIrsten
    Thank you. I may have to go that route, but as I said I think the company will probably file bankruptcy. If they do will a class action do any good, or does everyone just lose out? I did try and call the FDA, but they had a recording for you to leave a message. Maybe they will call back tomorrow. I would just like to KNOW something!
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

I hope taht the Companies who promised such Great Food for Our Pets and then sent the work to China are held responsible. But with a good lawyer they can often walk away laughing.
    Well they wont be laughing when thier day comes and theres a mob of Angry Pet Angels on the loose.
    Nothing will bring Elle back but losing money might make them think the next time they cut corners.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so sorry Pawla. I wish I knew something to help you.

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    I'm so sorry Pawla. I wish I knew something to help you.
    Thank you! I know it won't bring him back, but these people should be made to compensate people for their loss! It is just so frustrating!
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie