Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's going on???

What's going on???

Sasha got a clean bill of health from the vet. Absolutely nothing physically wrong with my 13 year old girl. No sooner had he said that then we had skin issues. She started losing hair and being really itchy. She scratched herself to bleeding. Onto antibiotics. Itch gone, balding still progressing. Blood test. Thyroid levels very low. Increase her supplements. Then, last night, she's all wobbly with her back legs, to the point of falling down. Vet substitute after a phone call says it's not from the increased thyroid meds and if I am really concerned I should take her to the emergency clinic. Sasha is somewhat better, back legs not so shaky but not back to "normal". She did not eat her breakfast this morning and now won't eat her supper. But she will eat some certain treats, not all. Anyone got any ideas? Would appreciate some prayers. I said a bunch last night and continue so today.

Sami, my dearest RB doggie, you cannot have Sasha yet. I still need her!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I have no ideas, just good thoughts and prayers going out to Sasha. hugs to you both!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Oh, I hope she keeps improving. How long was it between her vet appointment and her sudden downturn? Any chance she picked up something there?

Prayers for Sasha, hugs to you! Feel better real quick now, Sasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Oh, I hope she keeps improving. How long was it between her vet appointment and her sudden downturn? Any chance she picked up something there?
    We've been to the vet quite often lately for the skin issue. I do believe she picked that up there.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Sasha finally ate her supper about 8:30 last night. It's Saturday morning and her legs seem better, much better. She hasn't eaten her breakfast but did just gulp down a cookie (the test to see if she will eat anything, now she gets nothing, no treats until she eats her breakie). I hope the wobbly leg issue is gone. So far so good so I keep praying. Thanks all for your thoughts and comments.

Sasha had a pretty good Saturday. Almost like there is nothing wrong. However at 3:30 am Sunday morning I took her outside to pee, she did the job and then wandered around as if lost. I had to go outside and walk her back to the house and carry her up the stairs. Now at 9:30 am she's a little better, she seems to recognize me at least. She's walking kind of sideways and really unsteady on her feet. When I first got her up she wandered around almost in a panic as if she didn't know where she was. I don't know if she's had or having a stroke, if she's got west nile virus or what. Something is wrong for sure. I will be looking for vet options, I think there is a holistic vet in our neighborhood. I hope our regular vet is back from vacation this week. If she gets worse we'll be off to the emergency vet. I am trying to grasp that I might have to put her to sleep. That there is something terribly wrong. She's my last fur baby, how do I say good bye? Every time I think of it I of course start bawling. Brief pause here as she just threw up a huge amount. Then she pooped. Sorry for the graphics. Maybe she will feel better now?

I think Sasha has this: Canine Peripheral Vestibular Syndrome.

We will see the vet to confirm. Thank goodness for the net.

How is she doing today? I really hope things get better and I will keep her in my prayers.

She is a little better this morning. At least perkier than yesterday. Still wobbly, but not quite so "drunk" looking as yesterday. I've printed the article I found on the Canine peripheral vestibular syndrome, an inner ear issue, and will fax it to my vet. I want her in ASAP to confirm if this is the issue or if it's something else. The description of the symptoms matches exactly what is going on though. My poor sweetie pie. I feel so badly that I can't kiss it and make it all better for her.

Thank you for your prayers.

Many MANY {{{HUGS}}} to you and Sasha.
    I hope your vet finds answers for you soon!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

We will be seeing the vet tomorrow at 3:20 pm. Hopefully then we can have some answers and do something for Sasha.

HUGS! Joycenalex was wondering if Alex had the same thing...with all his seizures and stuff. Hopefully BOTH pups will feel better soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'll keep praying for Sasha. I keep checking this to see how she's doing. Keep us posted. Give her hugs and kisses from us! XOXOXO Luv, Chels & Macie <3

I'll be thinking of you 2 today.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome