Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a day!! (and its not even noon yet)

What a day!! (and its not even noon yet)

I just met my friend Shannon at the dog park so I could pick up hey doggy Miss Abby to watch for the weekend. Abby is a bit spoiled and has a very set routine. Thats why we met at the park. I wanted to be with her for awhile somewhere familiar before I took her home. She knows me but likes to forget me.

I got there about 10 min before Shannon so I was sitting at a picnic table with my dogs off leash. They ran a little bit up the path and said hi to a huge black lab, then ran back to me. The black lab decided to come over and say hello again. Lolly freaked (I think cause she was protecting me). She stepped toward the lab then hit the floor whimpering and yelping. My easy going angel of a dog Reece thought his sister was getting beat up so he charged at the labbie's butt!!!!!!!!!!! The lab turned around really annoyed and stood over Reece snarling. Then Reece hit the floor and was twisting all over the place screaming. It sounded REALLY bad but he wasn't getting hurt at all. I stepped in there and picked him up. No one was hurt but it was quite embarrassing for me That lab had to be over 100 lbs of pure muscle.

Then after Shannon came with Abby, I had a hard time getting Abby to walk. She only wanted to sit and stare and wait for her mommy. So I had to carry her a really long way. She finally started to walk but was still looking for mom. She's here now barking and growling at the cats (she gets along with them but barks and growls at ones she doesn't know). Moby is intrigued, Angelo is cautious, and Shiloh is annoyed.

This is going to be a stressful weekend I think, hehe. I will post some pics of the Abby girl later today.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Aly,
    Hope your day gets better!
    Mom of 5 dogs, 6 cats, a bird, and a donkey!
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291557495

I hope that your day gets a little brighter.

I hope you have plenty of aspirin on hand! Hopefully things will calm down soon. Good luck!

Sounds like you are gonna have an exciting weekend!
    Can't wait to see the pictures!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Rent some DVD's and get a bottle of wine

Sounds like you are going to be up to your eyes in pets. Try drinking more wine and they will work out the rest!

Just kidding. Keep us posted on the fiasco!

Re: Rent some DVD's and get a bottle of wine

Originally posted by sasvermont
    Try drinking more wine and they will work out the rest!

Just kidding. Keep us posted on the fiasco!

This sounds like the perfect solution to me!!!
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Here's little Miss Abby!!
    (She didn't ride on top of the backseat in the car when I was driving, she was in her crate. When I opened her crate when we got home is when she jumped up there)

Alyson

She is really cute, but looks a bit spoiled...a lot like ours!! lol I like the aspirin...perhaps some valium for the poochies!! lol J/K. Ours are blissfully quiet for about 2 minutes until the next car drives by or a blade of grass has the audacity to move. Not only that it's looking like a possible storm which is never good for Billy and Shawna. Oh well, I'm done taking up your time on YOUR thread!

She is a doll and I'll bet the others calm down pretty quickly. The first couple of hours are always the worst and very stressful.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

She's such a cutie!
    Mom of 5 dogs, 6 cats, a bird, and a donkey!
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291557495

awwww what a cutie!!!!! I didn't know she was a dauchsund!!! I just love dauchsunds!!! Is she settling in o.k.? Are yall having fun?!?!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Abby is a real cutie! I didn't know dachshunds came in a blue merle color - she sure is pretty.
    Joan

Awww, what a cutie! But, it sounds like your going to have your hands full this weekend! So, what else is new for our Aly?? I'd advise keeping the aspirin AND the wine close at hand!! Keep us posted! Oh, and the thought of Reece labbie butt "butting" is too funny!! Just happy that no one was hurt! Except perhaps some egos!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

She's settling in pretty well. She napped in the sun by the window for a little while this afternoon but spent most of the time on my chest. I am surprised because she usually wants nothing to do with me. The kitties still make her really nervous and she's such a little yapper at any little sound. Reece keeps looking at her like "Why do you keep disturbing my beauty sleep?"

sisterdog - Abby's color is called dapple. They are a bit more rare than the black & tan and red dachshunds. Very cute, huh?!
    Alyson

Aly,

Miss Abby is adorable. She sure looks like a little Princess.
    I have a dear friend at work who has two long haired doxies.
    Talk about spoiled.... Hope your weekend goes smoothly.