Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Help Needed - Noah

~ I bet that pinkie has pink glitter nailpolish on it too So good to hear from you Kelly. Sorry I missed you on my oh-too-short visit to So Cal a few weeks ago. Next time for sure. Take gentle care of yourself....
    ~ at least I'm not...

Wonderful news! So glad to hear that things are working out so well.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLee
    Thank you.

I hope things continue to improve for you.

What is the status w/Noah at Balcom?
    I didn't realize I had their phone number -I found it and
    I called today and Noah is payed until 10-31-07....
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Kelly txted me tonite and she wanted to update this thread but by the time she got to it the winds due to the firestorms caused her to shut the computer down. She'll update as soon as she can....
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I had a PM from her that she had some $ from people that had sent it to her, in her account. But yeah, the winds were really bad...I hope she stays safe!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Uppydate on my No No

Hello everyone,

I haven't been able to get out to see Noah for the past TWO WHOLE weeks due to my body being annoyingly naw-tee. (but I've been calling and annoying the phone girls. ha ha) Turns out, Noah's FUR decided to protest!! I recieved a call yesturday from Balcom Canyon saying that Noah's fur has become really matted (it was starting to in the past month - its the way he rolls around and twists on his back) and they felt that he needed to be shaved ASAP due to a cat's delicate skin structure. Of course, the call was very garbled and I only heard "Noah - skin - bleeding - in tact - what to do - a guy here - bites - call us ASAP??"

Luckily they were only concerned because of his baby soft skin under the matts he'd created. As most of you know, CiCi and I shave Noah at least once a year. With all that's been going on, that didn't happen and now his fur is "real pretty" and I'm sure is uncomfortable whereever the matts are. Poor baby.

So, we elected to have Balcom take Noah to a local vet and have them shave him. Normally, I would have taken him to CiCi's during the weekend and done it ourselves, but the people on the phone said it was "really bad" and I didn't want him in ANY pain. I called today to check and see how things went, but haven't gotten a call back. I gave them a huge talking to (in a nice way, of course) about how you have to hold him while shaving him so he's "OK" and wont bite, how he needs someone to talk nicely to him the entire time, that he's VERY sensitive when the clippers get anywhere near his, um..."sensitive and manly" areas, etc. I'm sure the girl was like, uh huh crazy cat lady, whatever.

Although, we have PROGRESS and GOOD NEWS about Noah's behavior....HOPE! The girl on the phone that told me about his poor fur told me that one of the guys that takes care of the cats is able to PET Noah and Noah actually LIKES him!!!! I've met this guy and he's SO GOOD, he's VERY respectful of all the kitties that stay at Balcom.

This is really, really good news. She also mentioned one or two of the girls can pet him too....if that guy is with Noah. This is great progress. YAY!!!

I'll try to update more tomorrow. I'm off to go eat some dinner, I'm so sorry I haven't been here, I've been so busy with work and my stupid body. (ugh)

Thank you all so much for your financial help! I was so amazed to see what Staci posted, that he is paid until 10/31! I cannot tell you how much this helps me. My parents are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo non-supportive with Noah being there. When I told them he had to be shaved they got all mad at me. Its so rediculous!!! Anyway, your help is a blessing, thank you so very much. If you have donated on Noah's behalf and have NOT recieved a "thank you", will you please PM me your address??? Its real important to me that I send these to you all. (Some have expressed they don't want one, and that's OK....no worries. )

OK...More tomorrow when I hear how Noah's snip and clip went.

Love, Kelly & Noah

P.S. Oh, he's NOT bleeding....it was just the wierd message. Sorry.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Don't worry Noah - the BIG snip was over a long time ago!

10/31 is coming up next Wednesday....but Kelly, did you say you still had some in your account from Noah donations?

Please update when you can...and I hope you are feeling better!

Glad to know things are going better

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Noah's Hair Cut Uppydate

Hey there!

I got a call back from Balcom Cyn this morning - they left me a message on my voicemail. She said as per the vets office when they picked Noah up, he did well, no one said anything like, "OH MY GOD! THAT CAT IS SATAN!!! HE BITES! HE BIT THE GROOMER! DOES HE HAVE RABIES??? DO YOU HAVE HIS VACCINE RECORDS? ETC..." She said I could call the vets office to see how he did if I wanted to get a first hand account, but I don't need to, just as long as nothing happened and he's OK.

She said, "He did well and he looks good". That's enough for me. I can't wait till tomorrow so I can go out and see my little furless man!! I wonder how much they shaved him? Usually he gets CiCi & Kelly's version of the Lion Cut - we leave his tail because he looks manly that way...and we leave more on his back and limbs. So, I'm readying myself to see Noah in an actual Lion Cut....I WILL be taking pictures and posting here sometime this weekend for you all.

As far as $$. I have approx. $200 in savings from donations that people sent directly to me for his care and/or lodging. My parents get all testy with me if I try to spend my own money (paycheck) on anything but food for Noah or the other three. They feel that because I owe them so much $$, that any $$ coming in for me automatically is theirs and how I spend it, is up to THEM.

I do actually have a plan. (yay?) After hearing that Noah is allowing one or more people to pet/touch him WITHOUT me even being there makes me feel very, very positive. I'm going to start making signs to put up EVERYWHERE I can. I think that if I can find someone that DOES NOT have any other cats, or maybe a non-alpha cat and is VERY, VERY understanding and willing to give Noah space, quiet and time, maybe he is fosterable at this point? I think maybe he just needed me - and the people at Balcom (unbeknowst to me) to work with him. Who knows?

So, I'm going to need your prayers and your advice on this one. Do you all think this is a good time? Do you think the feedback I've gotten is enough to go on for making him a fostering candidate?

What do you all think??

I'll update this weekend, sometime after I see my Lion, Noah.

Hugs, Kelly & Noah

Kelly,

I'm glad that Noah has seemed to calm down. I'm going to make a suggestion here. It is from my heart and I beg you not to bash me or call me evil. I'm saying this because I have only Noah's best interest at heart.

Have you given any thought to finding a permanent home for Noah. One with no other cats or animals, and someone who has the patience and time that Noah needs.

I know how much you adore Noah. Uprooting time after time, after time is not fair to him. I know it's a difficult decision to make, and believe me, I've had to make it.

You've been in my prayers honey. I hope you'll think about what I said.

(((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Noah Uppydate - with PICTURES!!!! :)

Hello!!!

I got to spend a few hours with my Noah this weekend and I got the shock of my life!! For those that have had the pleasure of Noah's...uhm...odd personality...(not towards me, of course)...you'll experience some of what I did.

I walked into the 2nd Kitty Bungalow armed with treats and a fleece blankie because I knew Noah would be a lot more nekked with his new 'do. When I walked in and found him sitting on the lower bed/area/shelf of his kitty apartment/condo I was shocked!!! Shocked because there was a Tuxie kitty named 'Cricket' that was getting his cage cleaned by Sam, the young guy that Noah likes and one of the "phone girls" was in there too helping with the kitty litter and playing with Cricket. Noah was sitting there like he was on my couch, watching me brush my hair or opening a bag of catnip - he was happy, calm and INTERESTED in what they were doing! His eyes were bright and HAPPY.

I immediately asked Sam and the girl (I forget her name, as we only spoke for about 20 minutes vs the hour or so I spent with Sam) how Noah was doing and they both chimed in with, "Good! He looks sooooo cute with his lion cut! He's a REALLY good boy!" I said (shocked as heck that someone finally was getting to see MY NOAH), 'wait, what? he's been, nice to you??? really???' And then we discussed Noah while I went into his condo/apartment and gave him love and he purred and I fussed over him like he likes - especially after a hair cut like that. Here are some pictures and then I'll tell you all what they said...and some more about Balcom Cyn. I left there feeling so much better, happier, KNOWING that there is no way Noah would act like that all the sudden if he were unhappy. I knew in my heart this was the correct choice and you all helped to make that possible when I couldn't. Thank you all so much.

OK, here's Noah....the perfect, "pet-sized" Lion:

"Ooooh, is that my mommy???"

"Yep, but I'm gonna play 'hard to get' until she loves on me and tells me how cute I am!"

"OK, I'll get up...I want kisses and she must see the rest of me, I'm darned cute like this!!"

*stttrrrreeeeettttccccccchhhhhhhh*

"Getting some pets from Meowmie..."

A few more coming....

"Mmmmm....."Temptations"....."

"Good treats, I'm gonna go in my cave and take a bath now"
    ****CUTE Tail Shot!!****

The End...of the pictures...until next weekend.

Will update more later. Gotta go home.

teehee hee. Doesn't Noah look so cute all shaved??? He looks all scrawny without all that fluff and fuzz and fur. So cute!!! I just love that fuzzball.

Lets see...where to continue?? Basically, Noah may be fosterable, or he may just be better off where he's at. He's obviously happy, healthy and doing so well with all the quiet (which he absolutely requires) and special attention from Sam and the girls during the week, then me on the weekends (I just found out I'm allowed to visit on Sundays too!! I just have to call and make sure they know I'm coming so I don't scare the crap outta someone.

There is a woman that lives on the premises and she has an adorable golden retriever that sits on your feet when you greet him so you "can't" walk away and have to pet and love on him "forever". Is that not the cutest thing? I guess she also knows Noah! She's been into the kitty bungalow and talks to all the kitties at night or early morning before the 'crew' gets there. Isn't that sweet? The 'crew' and the lady that lives there/owns the place now know why Noah is there and guess what? Cricket, the tuxie kitty and is there for the SAME reason and got there in July when Noah got there. I guess they are buddies, according to Sam. Sam also said that they have a dog that has been at Balcom for 7 years! I guess his owner is very ill, but she doesn't have anywhere else to put him and knows that if taken to a shelter, they would put him down. I guess she comes to visit - picks him up and takes him for the day - each Saturday and has been doing this for the entire 7 years!

I mean, I know this situation isn't the most ideal, but its the best one I got for the time being. Noah has been there for 3 months and his attitude/behavior change has proved it was the best decision for the both of us.

Donna (and to anyone else thinking it), I've considered re-homing ALL of my cats. I can barely take care of myself, I don't know how I'm going to feel minute by minute, not just 'day by day'...but I've done it before and I can do it again. Noah, until this new discovery, hasn't been ABLE to behave himself in front of ANYONE but David and I, so if ANYONE else even tried to keep him, he'd maul them if touched and who knows what after that. (When he was fostered via that crazy collector lady from the Maine Coon Rescue - Crystal - he bit her husband a few times and her and any cat (!!! Noah likes other kitties!) that got near him!! And she supposedly "understood" kitties with "fear biting" issues, especially Maine Coons!! She was crazy, but she thought Noah wouldn't bite her - I have no idea why not since he gives MORE than enough warning (hissing, growling and crying), but she wasn't special, he'll go after anyone when scared, my poor baby.) Unless it was the right situation, of course, like in a home like Balcom where he's loved, givin his space, time to trust, understanding, and I'm able to be close so that he knows its 'OK' and can help ease the transition. I've been searching for exactly that for the past 2-years that I've lived at my mom's house. (You'll see in all the prior posts WHAT I've done to try and find these homes for ANY of my furballs.)

Like those that have met Noah, he's very, very, very scary if you aren't his mamma and he's in one of his moods. This cat has the ability to keep you in or out of a room....he's a 20 pound, angry/fearful cat. Granted, he warns, but when you're trying to get out and he's in the way, and doesn't understand that you walking towards him is to get away from him, he'd get worse and would then attack - he's an animal, unable to reason. I could never, ever in good conscious inflict that upon anyone.

The amazing people here** that have offered up their homes to foster him for me, I warned and gave a disclaimer, and I'm sure it sounded like I was talking them out of it, but I'm responsible for anything he does, anyone he bites. Now, the fostering sounds wonderful, but the people that offered are so far away. I know that with any of my others, it would be OK, but with Noah...that foster home needs to be close.

Or, I need to just leave my parents place for something else. This is something I am thinking about seriously. It would put my "relationship" with them at jeopardy - but with the complete lack of respect, concern and kindness they show me, its not like I'd be missing much, and actually, I may be gaining something - my life and my cats back (and most likely, my health will improve too, I know my mom has ALWAYS been a HUGE stressor for me)!

Its complicated, but in a nutshell, I'm going to plan for my escape in January. That will give me enough time to save my 'misc. $' I get for if something unexpected comes up like new medication, birthdays, toiletries, etc, to get some $$ behind me. I'll also have to start getting my money out of the savings account that I have, IN MY MOMS NAME (because of the divorce), so I'll have to transition that myself somehow. They have FULL CONTROL of my finances, I hand over my paycheck each week/every other week.

I'm just going to (at the planned time) take MY paycheck and cash it or deposit in my savings and then move to wherever I find.

This is going to take A LOT of prayers....

**EVERYONE here is truly AMAZING. I hope you know, Donna (and anyone else) that this questions isn't offensive to me. Its something that concerned you - for me and for my Noah - I know where you are coming from, no worries. I've always believed that if you cannot personally take care of your animals, you shouldn't have them. But then, when it happens to you, after you HAVE been able to care for them, and when its because of health, not self-inflicted stupid decision making...I guess there is a gray area there. Gray area or not, my kitties deserve to be happy, healthy and in a home with someone who loves them more than anything. Luckily, in their current placement, that is what they have...even in Noah's case, Sam and all the girls can see "MY NOAH" and they adore him!

XOXOXOXOXO
    Last edited by NoahsMommy; 10-30-2007 at 06:34 PM.

Kelly - I hope you can get some free or really really cheap legal advice regarding all the money in your mom's name - scary! Also, a financial broker would probably talk to you for free...ask around quietly at work and see if someone knows someone really good. Brokers usually have a sense of what the law allows, although they aren't lawyers.

Please get some advice while you are planning your escape, ok? Please.

HUGS!

Kelly, I just wish I lived closer so I could take you alllll in! What a household THAT would be eh kiddo?? You DO need some legal/financial advise right now I agree. Is there a bank officer that could give you some "cheap" advise? Love you babe ~

Laurie
    ~ at least I'm not...