Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Oh Great! ALL the "Donation to Roxyluvsme13" threads have been DELETED!

Oh Great! ALL the "Donation to Roxyluvsme13" threads have been DELETED!

Who's behind the Mass Deletion of all the threads about Roxyluvsme13 and
    her Quest for Donations to fund her animals' health and well being?

I have my doubts that Mayor Karen "removed" them all -
    she'd be more inclined to hang a padlock but leave the postings for reference.

I don't remember who started them all, but only the Starter and Karen can delete threads.

Once again, I register my dislike for this method of covering up what one or two
    people don't like to see in writing.
    A lot of Good People wrote very sincere and well thought out postings to those now missing threads.
    Deleting Threads is NOT Cool!

As several folks pointed out in the most recently missing Rokyluvsme13 thread ~
    Be Cautious who you offer your hard-earned donations to ...
    those donated dollars are not always well spent.

/s/ Phred

I spent 10 minutes composing a rebuttle to her latest excuses to have the thread yanked out from under me, to me its just totally disrespectful. Her whole attitude is give me the money and shut up. I wanted the 90 dollar outfit, none of your damned business I "deserve" it.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

ugghhhhh...this is anoying!! why erase something just because people are voicing their opinions??
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    ugghhhhh...this is anoying!! why erase something just because people are voicing their opinions??
    b/c it wasn't what she wanted to hear -
    She wanted to hear - oh sure we'd love to donate - AGAIN.
    like the ATM ya know - I have more to say on this subject
    but I have a feeling that THIS thread's going to be deleted so I'm not going to waste my time - PM me if your that interested.
    I was just given the suggestion by a smart person -
    that maybe the thread should be put back up and padlocked - so that in a month and she's asking for money again - we can bring it back up...
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Sounds like a good idea to me. It is starting to feel like a scam and I feel like her Mom is talking her into preying on the sympathetic animal lovers of this board.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Sounds like a good idea to me. It is starting to feel like a scam and I feel like her Mom is talking her into preying on the sympathetic animal lovers of this board.
    I totally agree - b/c of her comment - My mom 'refused' to allow me to spent it on the animals - buy something for yourself she said - what about all the POTC stuff? - she threw a fit when her mom said she was going to get RID of the animals - why not throw a FIT for the same thing?
    I know a lot of people think 'she's a child- leave her alone - its her mom's decision' but I think in this case - she knew full well what she was doing.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I must have missed all this completely. And I'm glad I did.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I'm sorry, but I don't see why there's a need for this thread. This would be better done by PM for those that wish to b*tch, in my own personal opinion.

Of course, I have been away from PT for the past week so I cannot comment on anything that has happened in that time, but whatever uproar has resurfaced itself in this very tiresome situation certainly does not need to be stewed over any more than necessary.

I really hope we can bury this arguement once and for all.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Asleep at the wheel

I am one of those folks, completely in the dark. I missed all the posts about this hot topic. I am ok with that.

I'm going back to sleep now!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z
    I'm sorry, but I don't see why there's a need for this thread. This would be better done by PM for those that wish to b*tch, in my own personal opinion.
    Normally, I'd agree. But, in this instance, I believe there's much more to it than just "b*tching." People deserve to know the attitude(s) of the parties involved. More than that, they need to see the actions (or, lack thereof) taken by the one soliciting donations.

In this case, I believe that one of the helpers ended up pretty surprised by the actions of the solicitor. For that reason alone, I think the thread should've stayed. It speaks volumes.

Miss Z, I fully respect you and your opinions, but as you said, you've been gone for awhile and missed the thread(s) that this one pertains to. If you'd read those and/or if you'd contributed funds, I think you'd feel differently.

And, for what it's worth, this is my first and last post on the topic.

... why there's a need for this thread.

... this very tiresome situation certainly does not need to be
    stewed over any more than necessary.
    I think we need to let some folks know that this Begging for Money,
    without there being a really good and well documented reason,
    will be met with resistance.

And folks who start to deceive or misrepresent the truth, will be taken to task.

This isn't the first time the Truth has been *stretched* - we should take some steps
    to be certain it doesn't happen too many more times in the future.

/s/ Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    I think we need to let some folks know that this Begging for Money,
    without there being a really good and well documented reason,
    will be met with resistance.

And folks who start to deceive or misrepresent the truth, will be taken to task.

This isn't the first time the Truth has been *stretched* - we should take some steps
    to be certain it doesn't happen too many more times in the future.

/s/ Phred

Exactly!! There are way too many good hearted people here, who we dont want to see taken Advantage of!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by zippy-kat
    Normally, I'd agree. But, in this instance, I believe there's much more to it than just "b*tching." People deserve to know the attitude(s) of the parties involved. More than that, they need to see the actions (or, lack thereof) taken by the one soliciting donations.

In this case, I believe that one of the helpers ended up pretty surprised by the actions of the solicitor. For that reason alone, I think the thread should've stayed. It speaks volumes.

Miss Z, I fully respect you and your opinions, but as you said, you've been gone for awhile and missed the thread(s) that this one pertains to. If you'd read those and/or if you'd contributed funds, I think you'd feel differently.

And, for what it's worth, this is my first and last post on the topic.
    Thank you, zippy-kat, and Phred too. It's only that I just saw the title of this thread and thought 'uh-oh', then opened it to find a medley of rather spiteful comments with a good helping of these > . As Briana and I get on rather well, you can imagine that I was naturally rather appalled and felt the need to, as calmly as possible, try to curb something that could have grown into a public bashing. I'm sure most people here can understand that.

If someone wouldn't mind, I would appreciate it if someone could PM me a summary of what has happened recently. I like to know both sides of a story. Thanks in advance.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom

I have a feeling that THIS thread's going to be deleted,
    so I'm not going to waste my time -
    THIS one sure won't be *deleted* by ME - Mr. Adverse-to-Deletions!

I think there are enough of us on PT that HAVE been taken advantage of over the years,
    that the situation deserves to be discussed - in a Calm and Polite way.

/s/ Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z
    Thank you, zippy-kat, and Phred too. It's only that I just saw the title of this thread and thought 'uh-oh', then opened it to find a medley of rather spiteful comments with a good helping of these > . As Briana and I get on rather well, you can imagine that I was naturally rather appalled and felt the need to, as calmly as possible, try to curb something that could have grown into a public bashing. I'm sure most people here can understand that.

If someone wouldn't mind, I would appreciate it if someone could PM me a summary of what has happened recently. I like to know both sides of a story. Thanks in advance.
    Yeah, I agree. I really don't know enough that happened to fully make a good thought-out opinion. If anyone can PM a summary I'd appreciate it. I mean, I saw some of the threads, but that was a few months ago. I didn't see any recent updates or what not.

I agree with Zara. It's only instinctive to curb an arguement between someone you get along with fairly well with but..I don't know what happened.
    Last edited by Alysser; 07-29-2007 at 03:54 PM.