Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insects

Insects

Do your cats eat inscets. Tatty will eat anything that flies, moths, fly's, anything!!

It is also so funny to watch, especially Max, he leaps in the air.

(Oh, I don't have all of these insects in my house, its when they are in the garden).

Yes, Tubby is an insect eater. When I lived in Green Bay I had spiders in my house and Tubby was fascinated by them. I would come home to find him staring up at the wall or ceiling where a spider was sitting. He would stay there all night if I let him, but I eventually felt sorry for him (his neck, ouch!) and knock the spider down for him. It got to the point where all I had to do was say "kitty, bugs!" and he'd come running. Then at my mom's house there are a lot of flies. He would swat them and eat them too. There aren't too many bugs around here now, but occassionally there is the stray spider. He'll get up and look at it - then watch it crawl underneath the woodwork.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Tinky was my only bug eater than Jupiter quickly caught on! Tinky is so funny thought cause she makes this chirping noise at them!! It is real funny if they both see the bug (a flying bug)cause then I have two leaping kitties!! Their eyes get so big .... they look so fascinated!!..
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

My cats love to chase bugs, but rarely pick them up, preferring to bat them around with their paws, usually outdoors on the patio, thank goodness! But tonight, eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww, the dogs (3 of the 4 who are here right now) were playing with a huge, nasty slug!!! GROSS!!!!!!!! I checked every mouth before they were allowed to come inside!!!

I've seen Pepper eat a fly before but usually my cats just play with the bugs. If they can't reach them then they meow until I realize that there's a bug. I call Storm my bug alerter.

YES THESE THREE ALL GO FOR INSECTS.

BAGEL IS TOTALLY FASCINATED BY SPIDERS - SHE JUST LOVES TO WATCH 'EM SCUTTLE!
    KETCHUM SEEMS TO HAVE AN INFINITY TO BEES! HE;S JUST SO GENTLE WITH THEM - NEVER CHOMPS THEM! JUST PUSHES THEM GENTLY WITH HIS NOSE - GUESS WHAT HE'S NEVER BEEN STUNG!
    DAN EATS ANYTHING!!

LYNNE

How I wish Edwina would kill bugs! Living in an older home we have spiders and occasionally some other bug whose name I have caught yet -- and of course the odd fly, lady bug, or lightening bug will get in the door. I have suggested to Edwina that one of her VERY FEW household chores is bug elimination. She does her "pupils dialated, face alert, aren't I cute look" and stares intently. When I stomp or otherwise remove the incest she looks at me as if "you broke my toy mama!"

Originally posted by lynnestankard
    KETCHUM SEEMS TO HAVE AN INFINITY TO BEES! HE;S JUST SO GENTLE WITH THEM - NEVER CHOMPS THEM! JUST PUSHES THEM GENTLY WITH HIS NOSE - GUESS WHAT HE'S NEVER BEEN STUNG!
    Bees!!

That's amazing that he's never been stung. Evidently they can tell he's being gentle with them.

As compared to wasps. The other day I went to put some food in the finch feeder. I lifted up the top and there was a wasp's nest there (built in a day or two!). I didn't realize they thought I was a threat so I just stood there watching them come towards me. Didn't realize what was going on 'til one actually stung me. Ended up with three stings and finch food all over the ground. Unlike the bees with Ketchum, these guys had no idea that I wasn't a threat to them at all.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Former User Guest
    Anything goes, spiders, flies, mosquitos, etc. no problem, Casper sucks them all, and if something is left over, Kitty will clean them up, ewwww!

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    ...'til one actually stung me. ...
    Ohh!! {{{T&P's Mom}}} Ouch!!! Hope you're feeling better FAST!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

originally posted by Tubby and Peanut's Mom
    there was a wasp's nest there
    *shivers*
    Isn't it funny how something so much smaller than us is sooooo creepy and gross and makes us RUN so fast?!!? But not our BRAVE little babies
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

INSECTS

TO HEATHER WALLACE,
    MY 3 BENGAL CATS WILL EAT ANY BUG THAT CROSSES THERE PATH. I ALSO HAVE REPTILES AND I RAISE CRICKETS AND MEALWORMS AS LIVESTOCK.
    THE CATS BEG FOR CRICKETS AND MEALWORMS. THANKS TO MY BENGALS
    I AM BUG FREE EXCEPT FOR MY LIVESTOCK.
    SANDY FROST

Originally posted by AmberLee

Ohh!! {{{T&P's Mom}}} Ouch!!! Hope you're feeling better FAST!
    Thanks Amberlee. One got me real good and that one hurt the rest of the evening, but the others weren't bad and an hour later I didn't even know they were there. It's weird though, because about 3 days later, after I forgot all about the stings, I started itching and thought I got a spider bite or something - until I remembered those darn wasps. A mosquito bite seems to itch right away, but these took a few days - weird. But they're all gone now and I'm fine. Thank God I'm not allergic to them - whew! Thanks for being concerned.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

So glad to hear that you are feeling better now!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Sydney used to make strange sounds when he spotted flies on the windows (sounded like a goat , hahahaha) ; sometimes he managed to get one , played with it and ate it in the end !

Maya is a fast little chaser !!! As soon as she catches a fly , she eats it !!! May be that was the food she survived on while she was lost in the fields ...! Now , they is no more need to eat flies for her ; but she will keep that habit , I think !!