Thread: you might be a 50's child if..............

you might be a 50's child if..............

You read the threads on ............
    "you might be a 80's child if............
    "you might be a 90's child if............
    And you know you may as well be trying to read Chinese !!!!!
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

You may be a 50's child if you remember curling your hair with "spoolies" and drank your milk through a "Flava-Straw".
    Last edited by moosmom; 07-25-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    You may be a 50's child if you remember "spoolies" and drank your milk through a "Flava-Straw".
    Hey, they banned those flava straws here when I was about 10. Don't know why they did that.....I really thouight they were great.
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

Wom,

Me too!! My Dad, a photographer, did a photo layout for Flav-A-Straws with my brother and I in halloween costumes sipping through them. I still have the picture too!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Nesquick have Flava Straws out now again and my little cousins love them.....
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Wom,

Me too!! My Dad, a photographer, did a photo layout for Flav-A-Straws with my brother and I in halloween costumes sipping through them. I still have the picture too!!
    Well.....do we get to see it ?????
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

As soon as my ex-SIL sends me my stuff from Michigan, I'll be sure and scan the picture and post it. Till then, you'll have to use your imagination.

King2005,

Um, I think you've got the wrong "child" thread. This is the "50's" thread, waaaaaaaay before your time!

I'm not going to post here, only because it will show my age .........and we all know that I'm not really this old......
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

omegosh I had totally forgotten about spoolies!! My mom had some of those. Me? I went to bed with my hair in pincurls

Does anyone remember the assorted hair gadgets that came with cans of Adorn? I recall a little teasing comb and a tubular fork-like thing to make curls that would stay after a spritz of Adorn

Deb,

I forgot about those gadgets!