Thread: When will this get better??? WHO talked me in to being a mommy again????

When will this get better??? WHO talked me in to being a mommy again????

The older I get the more I realize I am not cut out for being a mommy!

All weekend long we cleaned, vaccumed, scrubbed, bleached, laundered and washed not only Taz's room, but the entire house........clean at last! I would be surprised if any spore or bug germ lived through this, but we both felt good, and hopefully cleaned up everything so that this nasty ringworm might be gone.

6:00 pm tonight I fed everyone then made dinner for us. After dinner we watched a little TV then got ready to collect the garbage for pick up tomorrow.

We opened the door to Taz's room and had the shock of our lives ..........

There it was, the nice clean room was covered in poop!.......and so was Taz's butt!!! Apparently he had another litter box encounter......yes, he has had these before - - I don't know why, but he squats when doing his business, and well we all know what happens when you are a long hair and squat to do #2.............

SOOOOOOOOOOO, once again - only it is now 9:30 pm and we are cleaning, vaccuming, scrubbing, bleaching, laundering and washing down his room - again. Sigh, my hands are red and chapped from cleaning so much, my lungs are spotless and I am breathing clorex on a daily basis. My house is so clean you can eat off the floors - really! Not a cat hair to be found!

But here I sit, wondering HOW to teach a baby kitten how to poop without getting it all over his butt, then proceeding to shake it off all over his nice, clean room.

Any suggestions? PLEASE???? before my sanity wears out??? (it is getting awfully thin, lately)

******Oh & I forgot to mention, he has begun to chew on everything! I really don't remember any of my other's going through a teething phase, we gave him a cardboard box to play in, but now he is chewing it and I'm finding all these little chewed up bits of cardboard around. He is also chewing on his carpeted scratching post.....little pieces of carpet all around.

Having a baby is SO much fun............
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

AH! Poopy butt syndrome. Been there.

My suggestion would be to have the hair on the butt, rear legs and tail trimmed short. By the time it grows to full length again, he should be able to poop more "like a dainty adult".

Sorry about all the extra cleaning, but would you like to come and do my house! (LOL LOL LOL)

I was going to suggest the same thing Jen did only she beat me to it. I had one I had to keep "clipped" back there or clean poop out of his fur.

As for the chewing, isn't there some bitter spray you can buy that will discourage that. Maybe someone here knows what I am talking about.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

For chewing I use Bitter Apple. I discovered Decker likes to chew on the room darkening metal blinds so I coat them with the spray about once a week till I'm sure he's over it. It works on house plants too.

From Decker with Love

I wish I had some good advice, but the only suggestion I have is to shave the butt. I had to do this with Ellie. I can't count the number of nights I had to bathe him at midnight. I would be getting ready for bed, and smell the dreaded smell! This happened quite a bit throughout his seventeen years. I hope you have better luck than I did.

I've never had a kitten to chew. This is why I've been reluctant to get a puppy. Reading this thread now makes me reluctant to get a kitten. I've been toying with the idea, but now......
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

I found this at petsmart:http://www.petsmart.com/global/searc...N=2025622&Ne=2
    If you have a credit card i believe that at least one of thoes should work.

Bunny, I'm sorry to hear this but things will get better. Shaving his butt area should help a lot. When my RB Pepper was very sick and had very bad diarrhea the vet shaved his butt area and it worked wonders. Ziggy still has some minor problems from time to time but usually just combing it out works well. Luckily Sky and Storm rarely ever have this problem.

Several of my cats also like to chew on cardboard or paper products. Usually they'll out grow it but Sky will still do this sometimes. I haven't tried any of the sprays but it's a good idea. Hopefully he'll out grow this habit. Good luck.

Kylie gets this on occasion and shaving her butt area worked wonders.
    gosh - I can't imagine doing it allllll over again-
    be careful with the bleach fumes!!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

The Good Thing Is That Theres A Reward For You At The Rainbow Bridge For All The Good Work That You Do.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I agree with everyone on the butt shaving. I had to do it to Penny once a week until I just gave up, and did a lion cut. No more problems...

BUT I will add one thing to the chewing, my fosters chew on EVERYTHING from cardboard to blinds, to carpet and trash bags. I think it is a boredom issue. Is he locked up for long periods without play time?

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Quote Originally Posted by kt_luvs_kitties
    I think it is a boredom issue. Is he locked up for long periods without play time?
    I too was wondering if it was boredom. Yes, he is locked up 24/7 for 3 weeks now, with more to go he has 'met' his 2 brothers and knows they are on the other side of the door, along with a whole houseful of things he has yet to discover. I really do feel sorry for him being in there so I try to spend some time with him a lot during the day, but on the other hand I am kind of worried to be in there with him........I have broken out with 2 more 'rings' and worried those darn spores are still floating around the house! I guess all that bleach wasn't enough!!

Our vet just ordered transdermal (sp?) patches for all 3 of them, so I will pick them up tomorrow and find out how to use them. This is supposed to be the new way to treat ringworm.....let's see if it really works!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Yep, butt shaving. Or at least trimming. I have three long haired kitties and, believe me, I can relate.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

It does get better Bunny! You've gone through quite the ordeal with this little guy. At least he's been rescued from what seems like a not so wonderful environment. I sure hope this all passes soon and your household gets back to normal. It all can be quite tiring.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I totally feel your pain! Although Bella is really good at staying clean while taking care of business, she is really into tearing stuff up. I look at her and think to myself, "you are a cat not a dog!" Not only does she tear stuff up she tears me up. Everytime I go to pick her up she immediately starts biting my fingers. I really hope she grows out of this...my little wildcat.
    Sherwin, Bella and Semper's Mama!