Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DAY LILY FESTIVAL! Picture heavy 50+

DAY LILY FESTIVAL! Picture heavy 50+

Today we went to the Tranquil Lake Nursery in Rehoboth, Mass for their Summer Festival. They are day lily experts. Here is their link if you want to see more about them, order a catalog, what ever. http://www.tranquil-lake.com/index.htm

They have over 10 acres of property. We were a bit late this afternoon, so we only walked through one of the 3 day lily growing fields. Still, I think you will get the idea -- it is OVERWHELMING!

Mariachi

Lazy Liz

Kohinoor

More next post.
    Last edited by Freedom; 07-21-2007 at 08:04 PM.

They have a variety of presentations and demonstrations through out the day. The also show you how to make hypertufa troughs for plants. The "recipe" is on the web site (link in post #1)

Another hypertufa trough:

One of several selection areas:

The pond gardens

The price per lily is for TWO ferns. Some are quite exotic and the price reflects that. (Did you see the one for $80 in the prior post???)

More next post.
    Last edited by Freedom; 07-21-2007 at 05:43 PM.

Fletch is 90 pounds, 16 months old, a Labradoodle owned by one the two partners who own the Nursery.

(Bet you thought I'd only have flowers in this post, huh? Well, I KNOW what PTers want to see!)

Holy Moses, $20

Finlandia Ruby

Chicago Blackout

Centerpiece

Garfield Scarecrow (ever wondered what to do with that old bike you have kicking around?

Blueberry Breakfast, $20

You pick up a sheet and wander through marking the lilies you want. Then you stand in line, pay for them, and get a number. Someone goes out and digs up the number of ferns of whichever flower(s) you bought, and makes a package with all your purchases and your number. You go back to the holding area and pick up your package. They have loads of "little red wagons" for customers --OOPS! they call us clients! - to use to carry our purchases as we continue to browse. Here is one client:

More next post!

Black eyed Susan

Baja

Another client. Honey Bear is a 4 year old mix, adopted as a puppy from the Mass. SPCA. They suspect she has some border collie in her. They also had a baby in a stroller, and Honey Bear got nervous any time she "lost " the stroller in the crowd.

Fletch found the POND!

Still more coming (I warned you!)

Lots of folks were wondering about this tree, and why it was painted. It is one of the few items in the grounds with no green name tag next to it. I just HAD to ask! Well, it was moved last Autumn, didn't survive, and they didn't have time to remove it before the Festival. So, they spray painted it glitter blue and made a conversation piece. It worked! It will be removed on Thursday.

Mr. Big is the resident cat. He showed up over 8 yers ago (no one could really remember when), and the owner (the partner who doesn't own Fletch) took him in. Yes, he HAS been neutered and gets his shots. He sleeps on his owner's bed. He also greets everyone who visits "HIS" nursery. He is NEVER fed! He finds what he needs in the fields, and is obviously a clever hunter!

They have several places with free Water, Lemonade or Ice Tea. You really need it as you wander through the fields. They also have vendors come in and serve hot dogs, fruit salad, and few other items.

One more set, next post.
    Last edited by Freedom; 07-21-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Old Port

Pandora's Box

Porcelain Pleasure, $15

Sheepscot Valley Glow, $50

Soot Storm

Tallyman

Zagora

Hope you enjoyed!

These pictures are fantastic Sandie!! I'm a daylily fanatic. I have about 100 in my yard that still bloomed this year without my help. Some of the hybrids are spectacular!! Love the non plant pics too

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Wow, terrifc photos!

This has to be one of the most colorful threads to date. I loved every single photo. Thanks for sharing. I am a garden freak and appreciate the time and energy it took to get such great shots of the flowers and pets!

Thanks so much.

BEAUTIFUL!!!

I only ever saw the yellow and orange variety. I want some of the pink ones. And the rosey ones. And the fushia ones. And while we're at it, some of the burgundy ones.

great pics sandra!

Justin,
    Justin and the pups.

What beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing and also for including the dogs and cat pics!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

GREAT thread!!! Staci (Shais_mom) has to see this thread...she's a huge fan of Tiger Lillies.

Sounds like a really nice day! GREAT pictures, thanks so much for sharing with us. I've never heard of a Lily Only Nursery, very cool!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Great pics!! All of the flowers are so beautiful!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

oh
    my GOSH!
    EVERYONE ONE OF THEM
    was
    BREATHTAKING!!!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE lillies - they are my favorite flower.
    course the prices of some of them
    I'm glad you shared your pics!
    ThAnk YOU!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Beautiful - just beautiful! I love lilies and have them all over my yard. The nice thing about them is how they spread. I can't tell you how many times I have dug them up and separated them and given lots away to friends, etc. Had I been on that tour, my personal tour probably would have stopped when I saw Fletch. What a cutie!! I would have been down on the ground having fun with that big boy. It looks like you had a great day weather-wise from what I can see too.