Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Michelle!! *Gift Swap Pics*

Thanks Michelle!! *Gift Swap Pics*

Oh goodness, we were all *so* spoiled by Michelle (captain)!! Our gift swap package arrived yesterday and so I took a freshly bathed Kirkie out the in yard to open it up. He just got another package from a friend and has really gotten the hang of pulling things out of boxes. He even started playing with some non-toys...as you will see!

"For me??"

"I don't mind if I do!"

Uhh Kirkie...that's a fleecey blanket….not a toy! He was shaking it to death, so I had to redirect his attention to the REAL toys…..I think I'll give this one to Nipo.

"Ohhhh, there's toys in here Mom!"

Here he is with his first pick and I'm squeaking the Dalmatian ball to get his attention...

He *loves* to catch…and of course loves to squeak (what dog doesn't??)

"C'mon, throw it!" (Wow, look at those long whiskers!)

The Frisbee was up next…I had mentioned getting Kirkie a Frisbee in my questionnaire and Michelle picked out a super cute one that is soft on the mouth!

A *little* tired from playing…

Not too tired for a little nibble….he even enjoyed the box itself!

Obligatory poser shot! =p

All the wonderful goodies!

My first Oz shirt, hehe!

He even tested it out…it’s a good fit!

Below is the *gorgeous* leash with design by Aboriginal artist Robert Appo…is it stunning or what?! Michelle even included a matching orange "pooh bag" dispenser. Oranges and reds are great colors for Kirkie and I'm just so in love with this leash!
    The item above it is a neck strip with attachments for keys and a flashdrive – so useful!

This is a fleecey kitty bed filled with buckwheat. It can be microwaved for warmth! I think it's really neat!

Michelle even included a gorgeous card...these are "bathing boxes" on a beach in Victoria (as far as I can tell!) This pretty card is going up on my wall!

Kirkie is very happy to have some black and white friends across the pond. When he is all grown up he would like to come and meet Captain and Ruby. He seems to think he can make the trip himself!
    Thanks Auntie Michelle!!!!!!! I wubbb all the toyzzz!

Nipo will love the treats as she is already a big fan of Greenies. Also Mele's cage needs a new toy, so the one Michelle sent will be a nice change of scenery for him.
    Nipo and Mele both hate having their pictures taken....but they certainly appreciate their pressies too!

Thanks Michelle! We really love everything!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Great pictures and a happy pup! Thanks for sharing!!!

Snoopy!!!!! (I am a BIG Snoopy fan! lol!)

Looks like your pets had a blast
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

great pics!!... lovely pressies........

Kirk seemed to loved them.........awwww.......how cute........

I´ve never seen your cat (gorgeous) or your canary (I had one same color, stunning!)...... too bad they don´t like piccies

I´ll be posting pics soon it just has been raining quite a bit and need a few pics with the thigns you sent.....besides the girls are a bit dirty that´s another reason for the delay.......sorry
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

What wonderful pictures, and wonderful presents. Kirkie looks like he was quite pleased with all of the wonderful things from Oz. I love the Melbourne T-shirt.
    And I don't think I have ever seen Nipo before either. She is very cute/pretty.

People that say dogs don't smile are full of it! This is so cute!

Michelle does know how to spoil. She did my Duke well a few years ago. Looks like you got lots of nice things.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Oh gosh that is so sweet.

Ohhhhhhhhh - you are so very welcome!!!!
    Thanks so much for all the pics. I am so glad you liked everything.

You are right, I read your Pet Swap notes, and tried to make sure I covered eveything!! I can tell you that Ruby liked that frisbee - she took it out of the box twice whilst I was packing it!!!

A little bit of everything from Australia - you said you like to learn about the country and local things, like Melbourne (which is the only state that has trams!!).

... and you can visit anytime!!! What a face!!!

Those pics are wonderful!!! Thanks again.

Cheers
    Michelle and the downunder Spotties!!!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I love seeing swap pressies and the happy pets whom get to enjoy them!

Great pictures!

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Quote Originally Posted by captain
    You are right, I read your Pet Swap notes, and tried to make sure I covered eveything!! I can tell you that Ruby liked that frisbee - she took it out of the box twice whilst I was packing it!!!

A little bit of everything from Australia - you said you like to learn about the country and local things, like Melbourne (which is the only state that has trams!!).
    You did such a superb job! Now I want to visit Australia even more....well, I *now* have a friend in Brisbane. She is getting her Master's at UQ. She was staying with us and just left this morning!

I could tell that the doggies had "left their mark" as Kirkie sniffed the frisbee a bunch before picking it up the first time. He has been carrying the Dal ball around the house all week!

We are all still enjoying everything very much!

I love the pic dukedogsmom posted -- it cracks me up! Nipo also appreciates the compliments...I would share her pictures more often, but she literally *runs* from the camera.

Ohh Kate, Kirkie, Nipo and Mele what a great haul of goodies . Thanks for sharing with us.

What great gifts and photos! But best of all, it's sooo awesome to see that boy of yours moving about and looking healthy. How's he feeling?
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth
    What great gifts and photos! But best of all, it's sooo awesome to see that boy of yours moving about and looking healthy. How's he feeling?
    Thanks for asking about my boy, Kimmy! His hips and knee seem to be holding out just fine! He's off all NSAID pain meds at this point, and is just on Adequan (miracle supplement!) and Chinese herbs. We're also doing occasional acupuncture, but have been able to taper it off since he is doing so well. I am so ECSTATIC that we have gotten him to this point without further surgery!!

He's just doing *so* well! Everything has continued to improve since my 5-31 update. We're doing two 1+ mile walks daily, plus we've started to regularly play ball/frisbee in the yard. I'm even taking him hiking....but we're starting out really slowly. He just loooves to be up in the mountains! We're working towards being able to complete a nice, flat 4.5-mi trail that I love. I plan to get a bunch of pictures of him up there when we are finally able to do the whole thing! I honestly never thought I'd see the day!