Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whining

Whining

We recently got a 6 week old beagle puppy, who is constntantly whining. When we leave his sight he immediatly whines. Is this normal?

He's very young, and just lonely for his siblings probably. It won't last forever.

I bet he's soooo cute!

Sounds really normal for a little puppy to me. Give him loads of kisses and hugs and some from me PLEASE. Bet he's just the cutest!!!!!

He is extremely young and really should not be away from his litter yet. Understand that he is bonding with you and you need to help him through this period. Actually you should cherish this period since it such a sweet and rewarding period. Once he realizes you are not going to leave, he will be ok.

We got Sadie at 8 weeks and she whined a lot at night. She had just left her mom and siblings. Once she got used to us to stopped...for the most part. She still whines at you, if you ignore her for too long ( she is 21 mos. now)

A hint to stop the whining sooner is to not give him attention when he does whine. Wait until he is quiet. That way you won't be rewarding the behavior and it will hopefully cease to exist

Good luck! Aren't beagle pups the cutest?!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I agree with Candy... 6 weeks in entirely too young to be away from mom and siblings. Be patient and give him lots of love. Also Aly is right that if you give him attention when he whines he will perceive that as doing something positive.

Good luck and WE WANT PICTURES!!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Thanks for your ideas! Sorry, I am having trouble getting pictures! but I will post some ASAP!

Hi! I have a beagle myself.. we got her at 6-7 weeks old, and I know how you feel, haha.. Rosie whined A LOT the first few nights, but after that, she was quiet. Your pup needs some time to get used to everything he'll see around him! He sounds adorable though! Here are a few pictures of Rosie at 6-7 weeks old! (The other dog is Anna, my husky) and one of Rosie at 1 year old! - Rachel

You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Rachel, the transformation of Rosie from a pup to a year old are remarkable. She lost all her black markings on her face! I just love beagles and probably would own one if I was such a GOLDEN fanatic!!

Couldn't resist: Even at 5 years old they continue to whine. Especially if they are spoiled!!!!

Ain't it the truth Chris....all 15 of ours are incredibly spoiled and they still whine.

I LOVE beagles. I didn't know how much until we got Billy. They are just so loveable.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Yes this is normal, he is at an age where he does not like to be alone. My roommates bassett hound puppy does the same thing---except he howls.

Don't worry, it is completley normal. My dog is seven and still whines! They just get lonely, and sometimes they whine for attention and affection.

Thanks

Thanks sooo much for all of your ideas! I'll give them a whirl!