Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prayers, please, for my Creamsicle! *UPDATE w/Pic 7/20

Prayers, please, for my Creamsicle! *UPDATE w/Pic 7/20

She's lost 3 lbs and I don't know why. She's eating and drinking normally, no diarrhea, nothing unusual, except that she's got the hair follicle infection again. Last time, Dr. Lee gave her a shot and it cleared up. I kept her on clindamycin and medicated baths but she got it back again, so he gave her another shot again today. He's really concerned about the weight loss so he did blood work and will have the results this afternoon. If she gets the infection again after this shot, he wants to do a biopsy. I'm scared.
    Last edited by Medusa; 07-20-2007 at 09:17 PM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

PT Prayers for Creamsicle!

HUGS and I hope that all turns out well.

Could it be as simple as she is more active this time of year?

Even IF there is a biopsy, I hope it is something very treatable.

Get better, baby girl!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers and good thoughts on the way.

From Decker with Love

Oh my.... many prayers and good thoughts coming from me and the girls here in Indiana!

Come on Creamsicle sweetie.... get better soon!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Oh dear, Creamsicle, we are sending prayers for you dear!

Oh Creamsicle, you've got to get better so your meowmie can not worry about you. I hope the results come back and show that everything is fine.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

The Pet Angel Army And All Thier Friends In Vancouver Will Stop Tonight And Say Prayers For Those Who Are Not Feeling Well And We Will Jointhem In A Prayer For Our Dear Friend Creamsicle.
    We Pray That Her Vet Can Find Out What Ails You Companion Cat.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Will keep good thoughts and prayers
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Creamsicles way.

Aw, poor Creamsicle, I will send many prayers for your furbaby.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Creamsicle and you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

*update*

Dr. Lee said that Creamsicle's blood work is absolutely perfect. Before I could breathe a sigh of relief, he said "Now I'm really worried." That stunned me because he is not an alarmist. He said "At least the blood work shows that there is nothing wrong w/her organs. But this weight loss has me worried. It could be from coming into heat so often, it could be that she's frantic from itching due to the hair follicle infection. I just don't know. Keep an eye on her, if she loses any more weight, get her in here pronto." He wants to take a wait-and-see approach, then have her spayed. While she's under the anesthesia, he'll take a look around and do a biopsy, too. This just isn't Dr. Lee's M.O. He's aggressive and he told me that from the day I first took my cats there.

I just feel so bad for my little one. She's deaf and a vestibular hypoplasia kitty, so putting her under is scary. He said that medically, she should handle the anesthesia very well; there's nothing in her blood work to indicate otherwise. But because she's deaf and so excitable, I hate the thought of her waking up and my not being there and she can't hear anyone trying to comfort her. Well, like it or not, she's got to be spayed, as long as she stays out of heat long enough to get it done.

I sure do have an expensive bunch of kitty cats!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Well that's good and concerning news. I wonder if they'd let you be there when she woke up, just to help with the anxiety a little? So she'd see a familiar face and feel more comfortable. I would probably ask. It wouldn't hurt would it, to ask?
    Well, Creamsicle will still be in my thoughts until she gets a clean bill of health.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Gosh, poor Creamsicle! I remember when she had the hair follicle infection before... how much of her was infected?? Was it a patch of fur, or like, all of her? Did he say what causes it? I'm sorry I don't remember much of the details. Poor thing must be itching up a storm! Hope Dr. Lee can figure out what is going on and give her some permanent relief.

Prayers for Creamsicle

Not to worry, Medusa, many prayers are on the way for you as well as sweet Creamsicle. Each Sunday at church I pray for all animals. Since I greatly dislike hymns I zone out so I can't hear them and use the time in special prayer for every sick PT kitty. You and Creamsicle are on my special list.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE