Thread: This makes me sick

This makes me sick

Maybe it's a joke, maybe I'm overreacting.. but this just makes me sick. The link is so long, so click here.

It bugs me how they say "It fits a cat, too" because how many sickos and freaks could be out there, who will actually use it as a cat cage!!!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Why would someone want to put a cat in one of these. They even have a picture of a cat in it.

They were probably just showing the size of it and not really meaning for someone to put a cat in it but you never know. Of course it probably does give some idiot an idea.

From Decker with Love

The guy is in Winnipeg, and I just sent an email.

I assumed he wanted it to look cute, and who knows how old or young he is...so I just brought the 'nut-cases-on-internet' to his attention.

Whew! At first I thought it was a mass-market like that automated animal bath(don't even wanna go there.) Instead, it's one dimwitted person who didn't THINK. In my opinion.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    Why would someone want to put a cat in one of these. They even have a picture of a cat in it.
    I'm sure the cat took the chance to jump in when the lid was off and it made for a great pic. I think sometimes we forget that cats are characters and enjoy a different perspective and a little stupidity now and then.

We need to try and not be so sensitive when somebody does something like this. In most cases, and I believe this one counts, people are just having a good laugh at the pets expense...it doesn't hurt them and it's not cruel. Though I know first hand that things aren't always as they appear, this kitty looks to be well cared for.

I too think the kitty just jumped in when the lid was off and the guy thought it would be funny. We all kow cats will jump in any box, basket, bag, whatchamacallit as soon as the box, basket, bag, whatchamacallit is empty.

I think it was just a joke, and I mean come on, who doesn't have pictures of our cats in odd boxes or odd places?? I have a picture of Double-Oh in a cardboard box with those peanuts and I said he's being shipped to Timbuctu but I wasn't actually going to do it, and he totally went in there all on his own

facebook

I am getting the text but no photograph. It may be that the Cat jumped in as he was taking a photograph of the tank and he thought that would be a funny eye catching picture.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    I am getting the text but no photograph. It may be that the Cat jumped in as he was taking a photograph of the tank and he thought that would be a funny eye catching picture.
    I think they finally ermoved the pic, maybe they got one too many complaints! I know I compained last night!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

They removed the pic because the tank sold.

ok some people are overracting here i bet the cat got in there by its self like once when i was younger i made leo (my cat) a bed it was a box with "fragile" tape around it and "ship to the land of the lost kitty's ASAP!" on it and he loved it yet i didnt do it i wish i could have had a pic of it LOL and if the lid was off my old fish tank leo would get in it (if it was empty) he loves boxes, bags, baskets etc!

My point was, how many sickos are out there, though, who would buy it to use as a cat cage. I don't own a cat, but yes, I know of their silly antics of "hiding".

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I didn't get to see the pix because it had already been sold when I saw the ad.

For myself personally I'd rather see someone use a cat carrier of most any type as a 'temporary' transporter, than have people have loose cats in their vehicles. Recently a vet clinic a few counties over from us got rammed by a truck, broke right through their brick wall...reason.....the owner was struggling with a loose cat in her truck as she was turning into the parking lot and her foot slipped off the brake onto the gas. Apparently no one was hurt but still, it could have been much worse!

At our hospital we REQUIRE cat's in a carrier and I've seen some inventive carriers at times; a plastic storage container, a very large bird cage, several types of wire cages, a revamped duffle bag, pillow cases, cardboard boxes, all sorts of mesh type bags (all had adaquate room and ventalation, were securely fastened, and were only used for transport reasons) We've also seen cats that were NOT in carriers (or leashes) that escaped from the owners car and were never found again.

So in my opinion as long as a carrier has adaquate ventalation and room, I'd rather see someone use unusual things for a temporary carrier than the alternatives.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022