Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii Smart Car...

Wii Smart Car...

I saw one the other day and it is SOOOO cool!! It looks like a roller skate. It's made by Mercedes!!

I'd love one, but I can only imagine how much they are.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

It so little and cool But, imagine what would happen if you got into a accident with that tiny car.

Smart cars are quite common here..... lots of people buy them because they find then easy to park because they are so small!
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

I see Smart Cars here....I want to pet them, they are so cute!

I hate seeing them on the highways, I don't think they belong there....one high wind and that's it! But as a commuter car, I wish there were enough for everyone so we could cut the smog in our cities - and share the cost of a parking spot!

PS - I think I saw a bright red one with black ladybug dots on it...hilarious!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

They are all over the place where I live and although they are cute, I can't help but wonder how "smucked up" you would be in an crash. There really is nothing there to protect you.

On the upside, I can see why they are so popular since to seems to go forever on one tank of gas.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I remember going to Italy. There were hundreds of those around, especially in the bigger cities like Piza and Rome. I really don't like them, they are ugly and way to small for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    I remember going to Italy. There were hundreds of those around, especially in the bigger cities like Piza and Rome. I really don't like them, they are ugly and way to small for me.

They are not just in the big cities. They are literally everywhere. Vicenza is full of them. They are used a lot as company cars here. So they always have logos and custom paint jobs. There is a smart dealership about 25 minutes from me. I too hate them. And it seems all the people that drive the smart here are absolute road idiots. Everytime we see one we say 'There's another genius' of course this is an extremely sarcastic comment.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom

I saw one the other day and it is SOOOO cool!! It looks like a roller skate. It's made by Mercedes!!

I'd love one, but I can only imagine how much they are.
    Oh that's soooo cute! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight
    And it seems all the people that drive the smart here are absolute road idiots. Everytime we see one we say 'There's another genius' of course this is an extremely sarcastic comment.
    Umm, the one friend I knew from Italy was the only person who ever thought "Boston Drivers" were polite. I thought everyone in Italy drove like crazy people?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Umm, the one friend I knew from Italy was the only person who ever thought "Boston Drivers" were polite. I thought everyone in Italy drove like crazy people?

In places like Milan and Rome they are nuts. No kidding but for the most part there are a lot of BAD drivers here not that they all drive like crazy people. The worst of the worst are the drivers with the 'elite' cars...mercedes, bmw,audi, etc. Believe it or not the people that drives the sports car are the most courteous for the most part. Everyone here is always in a rush. And no one gives no one a break. The are discorteous and rude and did I mention BAD?

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

In Malta we have a Smart invasion!!!!!

They are comon since parking is a headache everywere you go on the island. I like them but wouldn't own one cos they are 2 seaters and have a small luggage boot

Dealers are getting them 2nd hand from the uk and very cheap considering their price as new

I don't think I'd lke to be beside a semi on the highway in one of those!

When we were in Italy (and other places throughout Europe) I noticed that no only are teh cars amller than here in the US, even the TRUCKS are smaller! And SUVs? Didn't see any!

I thought the craziest drivers were in Naples. Heck, even our tour bus driver tookt he bus up on the sidewalk to get down one street, and he DIDN'T slow down!

The old ones were SOOOOOO UGLY!!! They've done much to improve the looks. As matter of fact there are a few sub-models of Smart Cars now that hardly even look like smart cars.

I've actually heard they have a great crash rating all things considered.

The panels are interchangeable like some cell phones. (You can accessorize! No paint job needed.)

The gas mileage compared to vehicles in the states is astounding!!!

Yeah, one of our friends rented one about eight years ago while on a job over seas. He HATED it because it was so small and so slow. (He's from another European country. )

I WANT ONE! I don't care if they're ugly. SMALL car, easy to park! Whooo! ...and i don't drive anywhere over five miles away anyhow.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen

Yikes! Remind me never to go to Italy!

I would LOVE a Smart Car!
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Even if I was offered one for free, I'd never drive or ride in one of those cars. They're so dangerous. You'd be dead in any accident you got in.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone