Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft.. anyone play?

World of Warcraft.. anyone play?

My seriously WoW addicted boyfriend successfully got me hooked on WoW. Anyone else play?

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I did, both my hubby and I did but we both got burned out. I don't play video games anymore, I can't really since I have an infant, but hubby still plays games, just not WoW. It was really fun at first

WoW has ruined too many of my relationships, I've vowed never to date anyone that plays ever again and never to get addicted myself.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee
    WoW has ruined too many of my relationships, I've vowed never to date anyone that plays ever again and never to get addicted myself.
    LOL! Alan was really nervous when he told me.. cause apparently women hate the game

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

My brother and his girlfriend play allll the time! They got addicted to it too! They stay up till all hours of the morning playing it.

I've never played it but I watch them play and it looks like so much fun! My computer wouldn't be able to handle it, but I do want to start playing so badly!
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

My brothers make me play Runescape instead. They said WoW sucks.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I used to play ... but I have so much that I need to do on my free time, that I just can't commit to getting my character levels raised

(i had a Lvl42 night elf when i quit, which i know isn't saying much, but i have friends with several chars that are maxed out on stats, and spend far too much time at it. I"ll just stick to playing Magic The Gathering instead on a sunday night)
    Last edited by Blue_Frog; 06-27-2007 at 08:24 AM.

WoW has consumed so much of my life.. but I love it! :]
    Donnie(my quaker) & Gir(tiel) have learned how to mimic a few of the sounds off the game. Teehee^^. Does that in itself tell you that I play it too much?

My hubby plays, don't even get me started on World of Warcraft!!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!

See, I think if a video game "ruins" a relationship, there were other problems to begin with. Of course I don't know everyone's stories but I just really think a lot of people are so quick to jump to placing blame on a video game when really the person, or persons, are to blame.

My hubby and I both play, he got me ADDICTED about a year ago. I have yet to ding 70, but I do have a 63 NE feral druid and a 58 NE beast mastery hunter (by far my favorite class), and am starting to turn to the "dark" side (horde) and am quickly lvling an undead affliction lock (just hit 32 with her lol). Among many other lower lvl toons I've started (among them a 36 human arcane/ice mage) those are pretty much all my "mains".

I LOVE that him and I can both play together. I LOVE going through instances and questing with him and helping him out. It's something we both like and both like to do together.

I'm on Hellscream if anyone else plays on that realm

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    See, I think if a video game "ruins" a relationship, there were other problems to begin with. Of course I don't know everyone's stories but I just really think a lot of people are so quick to jump to placing blame on a video game when really the person, or persons, are to blame.
    And that may be completely true, but my last ex it was because of the game that I broke up with him. Too many times he missed dinner with me because he was too busy playing, or didn't realize I had even left until a couple hours later...it finally came to the game -- or me. And guess what he chose, lol. I'm sure if I was more into video games it would have been different.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Wuah! I want to play so badly now; knowing that other PTers play it!

My brother has a level 70 dark elf (or night elf, not sure which one) rogue I think. And his girlfriend has a level 70 Warrior umm...dwarf I believe.

Anyway, I love to watch them play all their quests and I guess they're called instances, where they go with like 30 other guild mates to defeat a really hard quest. I remember watching them beat this HUGE dragon. Gawd I forgot her name but it was so entertaining to watch.

Also, I love all the actions you can do. You can dance, cuddle, fart ( ) and do all sorts of things to the other people playing.

Sorry for making this so long, I don't even play! *runs out of thread*

And that may be completely true, but my last ex it was because of the game that I broke up with him. Too many times he missed dinner with me because he was too busy playing, or didn't realize I had even left until a couple hours later...it finally came to the game -- or me. And guess what he chose, lol. I'm sure if I was more into video games it would have been different.
    Yeah see but sometimes I also think, if video games are so much a part of someone's life, why can't SO's at least try to get into it too? I mean, in your situation, that's a bit extreme but so many GFs are so quick to blame a video game. I don't think it would hurt if they would at least try to maybe get into it with their SO. I'd hated playing video games -- didn't mind watching others play, but was never really into it myself -- until hubby sat down one day and made a toon for me and told me I had to play it while he was at work. Mainly because I just quit my job and had nothing to do all day and he was afraid I'd be bored.

Now he regrets it... because I was always on, he couldn't play. So eventually we got another account so we can play together lol.

But I also realize that, for some people, this game consumes their entire life to the point where they don't know where to draw the line between fantasy and reality. I can stop playing at any time; if HJ says he wants to spend more time with me, I don't even think about logging on. But, unfortunately, not everyone is like that

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by dogzr#1
    My brother has a level 70 dark elf (or night elf, not sure which one) rogue I think. And his girlfriend has a level 70 Warrior umm...dwarf I believe.
    Yup, night elves hehe

Now I really feel like the ultimate nerd.

I swear, I can go on talking about this game for hours...

facebook

LOL haha don't feel like a nerd. I can talk for a long time too (not for hours of course! I don't know enough about it!) and I don't even play! My mom said if and when we get a new computer, she'll let me get WoW!

And I ALWAYS get mixed up between dark elves and night elves. I play Oblivion and I mix the two elves up.