Thread: The new slim and trim Jazz

The new slim and trim Jazz

On Jan. 1 this year I started my guys on a diet and scheduled feedings instead of free feeding. They were getting Nutro Complete Care Indoor Weight Management and now a few them get Nutro Adult at three feedings a day. I tried to make it two feedings a day but they won't hear of it. (Of course the kittens don't eat diet food).

Anyway, all the hard work has paid off for Miss Jazz. She's gone from 10 1/2 pounds to 8.14 and the vet says that is perfect for her. YAY! She had her annual visit and vaccinations today and is healthy except for two weepy eyes. The vet said to just watch her eyes for now and make sure it doesn't progress onto another URI flare. She gets them from being so sick with URI as a kitten.

Scout has lost weight too but I won't know how much until her annual next month.

Jazz's before picture

After - looking svelte and fit

From Decker with Love

Goodness, look at that sleek black coat! blackies have the prettiest coats, don't they? She looks lovely with her new, thinner look. I can't believe she didn't drive you crazy wanting to eat all the time. That "D" word effects them the same way it effects us... Makes you HUNGRY!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh Jazz, you are looking gorgeous! You looked beautiful before, of course, never thought you needed to lose weight, but you certainly look good now.

And besides looking good you are helping Jazz avoid some of the problems that Cats and Guardians share when they are carrying a bit too much weight. Diabetes anf heart Disese can be avoided by us if we watch what we eat.
    You should be so proud for helping Jazz lead a better life and a longer one.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Jazz, you are just beautiful!
    You know that just wearing black will make you look slimmer but it's nice when the numbers on the scale agree.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I do the weight yourself holding a cat routine.
    Take combined weight (cat and human together) minus (human alone) to get the cat's weight.

Great you got Jazz's weight under control.
    Hard part is maintaining and not having the cat loose anymore.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Jazz thanks you for the kind comments.

Yes, she agrees that black is the perfect slimming color.

From Decker with Love

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest

It always feels better to drop a pound or two!

You are looking Maaaaavelous darling Jazz.
    And black is slimming, so that helps too!
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

Jazz sure is gorgeous and looks great.

Jazz, you look Mah-ve-lous! Very elegant and absolutely beautiful!

I wish we could go to the 3 meals a day thing here. There would be riots in the house! Harry and Pouncer become obnoxious. Flutter is insessant with her pitiful meows and headbumps. I tell hubby and the kids to ignore their pleas, that they only do it because it works. Well, they get so annoyed that they toss out extra food

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    I wish we could go to the 3 meals a day thing here. There would be riots in the house!
    It's not easy to do. Decker and Moxie are all about the food and Moxie does everything she can think of to get me to feed her. She climbs the back of the tv to get up on the mantel and then sits there and cries. If that doesn't work she stands up on her hind legs and claws on the wood wall which sounds like nails on a chalkboard. She will also get up on the counters and start knocking things off to get me to come to the kitchen. Decker starts waking us up at the crack of dawn with this "call of the wild" scream/meow he does. It's rough around here.

From Decker with Love

Wow, Jazz does look svelte and fit, she is such a beautiful girl. I'm glad you stuck to it, although you had complaints.

Continued good luck with the diet!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.