Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roundup - poisonous for pets?

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder
    Vinegar, how neat!

I think Roundup's claim to fame is that it breaks down very quickly (within days) to harmless by-products. But, I only use it for the most intractable weeds (poison ivy and burdock). I couldn't give a rip about dandelions or crabgrass.
    Yeah....Roundup breaks down very quickly, which is why they ask you to use it when there is no chance of rain for a few days. But I think during that first couple of days, it is very poisonous....and I certainly wouldn't let my pets come in contact with it.
    Wom

Wom, I actually did pour boiling water on a weed about a day or so after reading your advice. Well it worked, but unfortunately all of the surrounding grass also died. I suppose it would have worked better if I could have used a water pistol or syringe to direct the spray to the weed and the weed alone.

I don't know about cats, but for rabbits absolutely, my father had sprayed my section when we owned a rabbit many years ago, the wind had made it go further than it should have and lickrish got poisoned, she was only a baby and thank goodness survived it, but it was horrible , and i sure learned a lesson from that, no sprays are allowed outside at all in my section, i prefer to live with weeds, of course the council spray the outside and that is always a worry, but so far so good, just be very careful.,you can always use boiling water on weeds, that works ,makes them die, then pick them out, that is my preferred option, or alternative safe non toxic products.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    I suppose it would have worked better if I could have used a water pistol or syringe to direct the spray to the weed and the weed alone.
    Good Luck, Pam, holding a syringe or water pistol filled with boiling water!!!

Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom
    Good Luck, Pam, holding a syringe or water pistol filled with boiling water!!!

LOL! Now there is the next million dollar invention ... an insulated water pistol or syringe for weed killing. Somehow I don't think the folks would be lining up to buy one.

LOL! Now there is the next million dollar invention ... an insulated water pistol or syringe for weed killing. Somehow I don't think the folks would be lining up to buy one.
    those lining up to buy it would probably be lining up outside the emergency room shortly after using it!

Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom
    those lining up to buy it would probably be lining up outside the emergency room shortly after using it!

(But their weeds would be dying!)

Wom, I actually did pour boiling water on a weed about a day or so after reading your advice. Well it worked, but unfortunately all of the surrounding grass also died. I suppose it would have worked better if I could have used a water pistol or syringe to direct the spray to the weed and the weed alone.
    Sheesh Pam !!!! What did you throw the boiling water on with ???
    A bucket ???
    Mate, boiling water will kill ANY plant.....ya gota aim at the ones you want dead !!!!
    Wom

Actually, it wouldn't be hard to design at all.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    Actually, it wouldn't be hard to design at all.
    Once you design it I hope that you will give me maybe a 5% cut for thinking of it.

Round up killed my cat

My cat jessica was deliberately poisoned by an awful old lady and a Gardner in Coogee nsw she was sprayed by "round up"
    On her fur and deliberately where she lay
    The old lady didn't want her in the common grounds or unit block

The chemical was so intense it was all over my sofas, bedding, carpet, myself it stuck like super glue, obviously you can tell my girl was allowed everywhere she was no different to u and I actually she was she was an angel

After three months of a four week period contamination and a court case me winning measly $250 toilet paper money

Jessy was rushed into sash medical couldn't breathe only four years of age severe inflammatory bowl disease and diarrhoea non stop she lost 4kg and went from an exuberant well British short hair to an old 22 year old dying cat in weeks
    I nursed jessy for a year she became so crippled she couldn't walk more than 10 tiny tiger steps
    She died 4 days ago
    Exactly as the new data shows how poisonous round up is

Read these articles
    New science

http://www.gmoseralini.org/roundup-is-more-toxic-than-declared-new-criigen-study/

https://www.google.com.au/amp/healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2017/09/09/amp/gmos-in-pet-food.aspx

Round up caused a slow painful insidious death

And did exactly what the science states

Chronic inflammatory bowl diseases straight after the contamination unable to use bowl and her kidneys were poisoned they only functioned 25% within 12 weeks after poisoning it was insidious

May the world stop useing poisons

Facebook; karina victoria to see gorgeous jessy and more on her awful story

May get suffering becthe end of round up

Use pine oil it dsnt kill cats

Off course the company will tell u it's fine ask the owner of round up to drink a cup
    Xxxxxxxxx

Yes round up killed my cat

1 year after jessy was deliberately poisoned with round up by a Gardner jessy died from glysophate poisoning
    Only 5 years of age
    Poisoned at age 4

Jessie had a huge fight $7500 vet bills and my support 24/7 whatever it took

Even small amounts of this ingested on their paws or fur science states will cause long term inflammatory diseases, please read the recent study, copy the link below

Bless her
    May the world stop using poisons

http://www.gmoseralini.org/roundup-is-more-toxic-than-declared-new-criigen-study/

I also posted a post on here

Round up killed my cat

We are so sorry for your loss. How awful!
    I've Been Frosted

Round up killed my cat

1 year after jessy was deliberately poisoned with round up by a Gardner jessy died from glysophate poisoning
    Only 5 years of age
    Poisoned at age 4

Jessie had a huge fight $7500 vet bills and my support 24/7 whatever it took

Even small amounts of this ingested on their paws or fur science states will cause long term inflammatory diseases, please read the recent study, copy the link below

Bless her
    May the world stop using poisons

Round up lasts in rain

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Yeah....Roundup breaks down very quickly, which is why they ask you to use it when there is no chance of rain for a few days. But I think during that first couple of days, it is very poisonous....and I certainly wouldn't let my pets come in contact with it.
    Wom
    Actually round up does not break down quickly it's made to out last rain and water