Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16 year old student marries 40 year old

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by james
    legal age in new jersey is 16.the teen girl has known her coach since she was 14.the police cant prove they were having sex,etc ... so they cant do anything.in america the divorce rate is over 50% so hopefully this marriage works out.its 2007 not 1907.16 yr olds are not babies and many of them are quite mature.its their business what they do with their lives,not ours.i shall send the newlyweds a congradulations e-mail.the girl is a cutie as well.i wonder if she she has a twin sister..hmmmmmm maybe a summer trip to nj is in order.i have family near hackensack.
    This makes me feel sick. She is a 16 year old GIRL, and I am shocked that you would make this statement.

UPDATE with pic
    http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...708160446/1004

Also from the article - it wasn't just the parents trying to stop this:

Wuchae resigned from his job as teacher and coach for Brunswick County Schools on June 18, the same day he married Windy. After also dealing with its own share of negative publicity, the county school system revealed it had given Wuchae a choice to resign or be fired after he disobeyed a directive to stay away from Windy.
    http://wral.com/news/state/story/171...omments_page=2

What, besides the following, could the parents have done? I am interested in this because several posters have said the parents didn't do enough.

“We have tried everything. We have contacted every agency – the Oak Island police department, the sheriff’s department, the school system. We couldn’t get a temporary restraining order against him. The school board wasn’t going to help or wasn’t going to tell us anything,” Betty said. “This man was not going to stay away from our child and she wasn’t going to stay away from him.”
    Betty Hager, Wendy's mom
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What ??? They won't allow her to have her Baby Beanie collection ????
    And her playstation to ?????
    Now what is she supposed to do with her time ?????
    Geez......nasty parents !!!!!
    Wom

"I'm Back !!"

I once became good friends with a coworker who was a former high school teacher that ended up marrying one of his former students. After hearing his story I feel a bit different than I would have if I didn't know someone in this situation. He truly loved her, and she loved him. They didn't have a sexual relationship til after they got married.

Ah, but true love didn't last for them. They divorced about 10 years later. He fell in love again with a young woman who was in her early 20's when he was nearly 50. That marriage ended a few years later too.... poor guy just couldn't quite find lasting love!

Give me a break. The quote "Although anguished, her weary parents gave in." The parents gave up a long time ago if they would let their
    child guilt them in doing whatever the kid wanted to do. She could have
    stomped her feet too.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hey, to each his own, I say. They obviously love each other. Who are we to criticize?? all you can do is congratulate them and HOPE for the best.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Hey, to each his own, I say. They obviously love each other. Who are we to criticize?? all you can do is congratulate them and HOPE for the best.
    Yep.....my thoughts exactly.
    Wom

Is it true love or infatuation? IMO a 16 yr old , no matter how mature doesn't really know the meaning of love. You have to experience life itself before making such decisions. while I was in school we had the most handsome English teacher, every girl had a crush on him....wasn't love, it was infatuation.
    I think her parents are to blame if they didn't see it coming, sounds like they didn't use great measures to prevent this.

James grow up, you sound like a 2 yr old.

Quote Originally Posted by mike001
    Is it true love or infatuation? IMO a 16 yr old , no matter how mature doesn't really know the meaning of love. You have to experience life itself before making such decisions. while I was in school we had the most handsome English teacher, every girl had a crush on him....wasn't love, it was infatuation.
    I think her parents are to blame if they didn't see it coming, sounds like they didn't use great measures to prevent this.

James grow up, you sound like a 2 yr old.
    No....I think a 16 year old girl is quite capable of falling in love.
    My mother is living proof of that.....she herself admits that it was true love when she met my dad, and has always been so. Do your maths....I was born when my mum was 16, she went on to have another 5 children, they were married for 54 years, and when dad died she was so very inconsolable for a long time. She still misses him.
    Wom

I also say a 16 year old is capable of being in true love. I'm not saying all will or can be at that age, but it's not impossible either. On the opposite end I've also known of adults who never did and only knew infatuation. Everyone is an individual. Our brains all mature and get different emotions at different rates. That's what makes us all so unique.

Quote Originally Posted by mike001
    Is it true love or infatuation? IMO a 16 yr old , no matter how mature doesn't really know the meaning of love. You have to experience life itself before making such decisions. while I was in school we had the most handsome English teacher, every girl had a crush on him....wasn't love, it was infatuation...

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Only time will tell.

On one hand ... my grandparents married when my grandma was fourteen and my grandpa was twenty-five! They were SO in love for sixty-seven years of marriage until my grandpa died.

On the other hand ... what one wants at sixteen is usually VASTLY different from what one wants later on in life. Obviously not always, since some May-December romances last in the long run. But most of us change a LOT from sixteen to twenty, or twenty-five. My son is sixteen and there is no WAY he knows what he wants from a life-long partner. He is still so much a child in many ways.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    My son is sixteen and there is no WAY he knows what he wants from a life-long partner. He is still so much a child in many ways.
    Darn. Rules out another one for me.....

I think that if they both love each other than why not? Whats the worst that could happen?

She could end up happily married for the rest of her life or end up breaking up?

I dont agree with the whole teacher and student love thing but if it happens it happens.

Im 19 and I find older men alot more appealing than guys my age, Maybe because Im more mature but it seems like guys my age are still trying to prove that london is a ghetto.

Ive been with my boyfriend for 2 years now and hes older than me and I was told that wasn't going to work out but he completly understands me and I feel more his age than mine to be honest. I am very mature for my age and people seem to think I am older than 19 and are quite shocked when I tell them! I wouldnt of been able to gain the confidence I got today without my boyfriend and I love him to bits and hes always been so supportive over my dog grooming buisness and my life decisions. People my age who I meet dont seem to push themselves enough and my I think having a older boyfriend does help in the sense because hes older and understands me more than anyone my age would.

Maybe thats how shes feeling?

I say good luck to her and her new partner, if people have problems with it then let them, Only she can say how she feels.