Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shed much??? pics...

Shed much??? pics...

The Annual Husky shed has begun. Antare is getting brushed this weekend, whether he likes it or not!

This is what he looked like a week ago.

This was last night!

Such a handsome little dude, even when he's in full molt!

Oh, Antare, you are so handsome! I love your beautiful face. Glacier, could you please give Antare a pet for me during the brushing?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Antare is such a handome guy, really gorgeous! I love his freckles
    Ouuu, I can hardly keep my hands off him....I love pulling those tufts out... I think your arm is going to be tired after brushing out so much fur! And then, you get to do 23(?) more dogs!
    Mine aren't nearly that bad this year.

Oh my gosh! Seeing how much I brush Mufasa (daily, sometimes twice daily!) that would drive me insane. You'll have to show us some after pictures.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

weeeelll........ what a cutie you are Antare!!!

I too can´t help myself and HAVE to pull those tufts......they are like tempting me to do it and I can´t stop......

when you are done, and I KNOW you´ll have a full size dog ball of hair..... would you mind keeping that "dog" and sending me Antare??.... you´ll still have a full size duplicate....... hehe
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    Antare is such a handome guy, really gorgeous! I love his freckles
    Ouuu, I can hardly keep my hands off him....I love pulling those tufts out... I think your arm is going to be tired after brushing out so much fur! And then, you get to do 23(?) more dogs!
    Mine aren't nearly that bad this year.
    I'll help. Just give me a brush. It will take me a long time because I have to give loads of hugs in between.
    Edit to add: I'll bring Dr. Goodnow with me.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 06-22-2007 at 09:12 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

wow! He's gonna be neked!

I'll help brush em all! I loved brushing out all 30+ Sibes at my dog show mentor's house a couple years ago.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Oh, good gracious, what a beautiful dog! I would just be lovin on him all of the time!

Oh my, he really is molting. You know I love that boy, and even with all of that hair, he still has a movie star gorgeous face.

LOL, I want to brush him looking at those pics, haha. Our Mist used to get the clumps on her stifles but I used to groom her every day during moulting so they didn't have chance to form as much as Antares.

I'm still grooming our Jess daily and have been for about 2 months and getting massive clumps out each time and she's only just starting to finish and is looking a bit bare and puppyish. She's across her season so she's having a major moult. I can't wait until she's done because I'm sick of the hairs everywhere, lolol. It does make a change for her to moult at the correct time of year mind. She usually waits until autumn and so she's bare in the winter.

If I'd have saved her hair, I'd have been able to knit about 20 sweaters out of it, haha.

My dogs always loved being brushed so grooming them daily was never a problem. I take it Antares isn't like that?
    Dogs are not our whole lives but they make our lives whole.

www.tmhudsonfineart.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupess
    My dogs always loved being brushed so grooming them daily was never a problem. I take it Antares isn't like that?
    Antare is extremely timid and has little use for humans. He would prefer that I just drop his food off and leave him alone the rest of the time. He is not aggressive at all, but he does actively shun physical contact with everyone, except other dogs. He adores other dogs. I have corner him or lure him into the porch in order to brush him. Believe it or not, he's actually come a very long way. He was essentially feral when I got him. His brother, Delta, still is.

Unless I have his harness in hand..he will put up with just about anything if it means he gets to pull. This time of year though, he knows the harness is a trap!

Antare, you love that scruffy guy look, huh? You are still a handsome guy! Let mom clean things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    Antare is extremely timid and has little use for humans. He would prefer that I just drop his food off and leave him alone the rest of the time. He is not aggressive at all, but he does actively shun physical contact with everyone, except other dogs. He adores other dogs. I have corner him or lure him into the porch in order to brush him. Believe it or not, he's actually come a very long way. He was essentially feral when I got him. His brother, Delta, still is.

Unless I have his harness in hand..he will put up with just about anything if it means he gets to pull. This time of year though, he knows the harness is a trap!
    Every dog is different. My nephew's black lab is like that - it is more like "look lady - just throw the ball for me and knock off the huggy kissy stuff!"

LOL! He looks so proud in those pictures. How long does it take to brush out a husky when they are shedding like that? Do you brush out all your fur kids? If so, that must take you months.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

He's still a gorgeous fella, even with all the fuzz. Smokey sheds like
    that & I have to take him outside for serious brushing. (rakeing)

p.s. I love to pull out the tufts too. It's addicting.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt