Thread: Help my boys are peeing on their cat tower...

Help my boys are peeing on their cat tower...

HI Group:
    I am having problems with my boys peeing on or near their cat tower. Do you know of any way to nip that in the butt? They have never done this before. I have a product called petastic, and it works great to take out the smell of urine and poo. But I hate to keep on having to spray it down every time I turn around. They both just turned 2 years old this past may. Is it normal for them to start marking their area? Even when they are neutered? They have had a few changes in the house. That is the only reason why I could think of that they would start doing this. I started up a dog rescue out of my home. I only have two extra dogs at a time. And they have taken it well since they have been raised with dogs. And they only started this just this week, and we haven’t had any rescue dogs in the house for the past two weeks. Because I went on vacation. Please if you know of any way to stop this let me know. God bless

Francine

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm also having some peeing issues myself and I have 6 cats. They must be feeling threatened by the some of the new foster dogs. Even though it just started happening, I would take them to the vet to rule out a possible UTI or other illness. Are they both doing it?

My cat Storm is now on Clomicalm and I have 2 feliway plugins and I've also been spraying my hallway and entry way with the feliway spray 2 times a day. I'm still having some problems but I'm trying to hang in there and keep the new pee spots clean. Good luck.

If it keeps up, Clomicalm works for me, although my vet tells me that it takes up to a month to work w/some cats. It worked almost immediately w/mine, however. Nowadays, if the bad behavior just won't stop, my vet says that Prozac is the drug of choice. Talk to your vet and see what s/he says.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Also - though it's unusual for both cats to have it - have they been checked for a urinary infection?

They might have a few crystals in the urine, which could happen if they eat the same food.

It's a vet thing...give the clinic a call.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda