Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exciting News to Share [puppy related]

Exciting News to Share [puppy related]

I'm trying to make this a surprise for my friends on another website but I really can't keep this to myself any longer so I thought I'd share it with PT

For seven very long years I have been wanting a Rottweiler. Ever since my dad came home with my dear sweet Rottie mix boy Scout I have been in love with the breed.

R.I.P Scout puppy. Mommy will see you again soon

As you can see Scout resembled a Rottweiler much more than a Black Lab [which was the other side of the mix]

Prior to acquiring my love, Travis, I had originally wanted to get a Rottweiler. At the time I had no job,however, so I was unable to pay the additional fine for the insurance company. [Our insurance company does not allow Rottweilers unless you pay extra].
    So instead of getting my beloved Rottie, I settled [LOL yeah, right] for a German Shepherd. Turns out that was the best decision of my life. I've now found a new Heart breed and am very happy sharing my life with GSDs.
    Anyway, 2 years later I find myself pining for a Rottie. It's been seven years and I just don't want to wait anymore.

So, I'm finally going to make it happen. As soon as I get Travis' CGC and TD title [Therapy Dog] I will begin my search for a Rottweiler puppy. Whether I rescue or go to a breeder is still unsure.

My father is going to talk to our agent [is that what they are called? lol] for our insurance to find out what I need to do to be able to own a Rottweiler under this particular carrier.

Since I now have a job I can pay for the extra payments

So, assuming all goes well I could very well have my Rottie boy by the end of this year/beginning of next year.

Good thoughts would be loved. This means a great deal to me.

I've been doing so much research lately. Im very excited.
    Ruled by:

The GSDS: Addaxx and Fenyxx
    The Poodle thing: Frodo
    The Chihuahua: Stark

Well, I wish you luck in your search for a Rottie pup. Those are two of my favorite breeds, GSD and Rotts. Then again, I have a lot of favorites.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'd say you have excellent taste in breeds

Originally I was just going to go ahead with another GSD, but I really think it's time for me to go ahead and get my rottieboy
    Ruled by:

Woo hoo! Best of luck to you!! Rotties are such wonderful dogs! Make sure to keep us updated

My sister has had 4 GSD's in our lives. And my good friend just had to have their Rottie, Sage, put down a couple days before last Xmas. She grew up with my nephew, in fact they were born in the same year. She was 13 when she went to the bridge. She, and all my sisters GSD's, where the sweetest dogs. And sometimes people think they are mean. That just means they don't know much about the breeds.
    Anyway, I hope you find your puppy SOON!! Because I want pictures. LOL

(And my favorite breed, of course, is Aussie's , maybe that can be your next dog. LOL)
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

A new Rottie puppy, yay! Good luck in your search. Scout was adorable.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee
    My sister has had 4 GSD's in our lives. And my good friend just had to have their Rottie, Sage, put down a couple days before last Xmas. She grew up with my nephew, in fact they were born in the same year. She was 13 when she went to the bridge. She, and all my sisters GSD's, where the sweetest dogs. And sometimes people think they are mean. That just means they don't know much about the breeds.
    Anyway, I hope you find your puppy SOON!! Because I want pictures. LOL

(And my favorite breed, of course, is Aussie's , maybe that can be your next dog. LOL)
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear about Sage 13 is a pretty good age for a Rottie. Atleast she got to live a nice long life

Oh boy will there ever be a ton of pictures!

It's funny because before I got Travis I had planned to get an Aussie. Always been a fan of the Blue Merles. Who knows what the future will hold
    Ruled by:

Good luck in your search! Rotties are beautiful dogs.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Thank you
    Ruled by:

Oh a rottie, needless to say I love the breed. My RB Angus was the bestest boy ever.

I wish you good luck!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66
    Oh a rottie, needless to say I love the breed. My RB Angus was the bestest boy ever.
    He was a very handsome boy as well

And thank you for the luck :]
    Ruled by:

Best of luck to you!

Rotties are awesome dogs! Jenny, my rottie mix is the best dog I have ever had. Scout was lovely!

this guy is gorgeous that you may be interested in.

I think he is purebred and doesn't have akita in him.

Tahoe

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=8084658
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Must you tempt me with such a gorgeous boy? Love those birthmarks on his tongue Those turn up in GSDs as well and people often mistake that as a sign of them being mixed.

And thank you for the luck I can use all I can get!
    Ruled by:

If you'd like I could help you with your search and find some rotties for adoption. did you want a purebred? sadly there are so many needing homes. I love dogs with spotted tongues. Jenny has a spot on the back of her tongue.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

It'd be great to have another Rottie on the board I don't ever want to live without a Rott, I absolutely love the breed.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08