Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuteness Alert! Pictures of the 10 foster kittens - very photo heavy!

I can't help wondering if similar scenes inspired that wonderful Chuck Jones cartoon "Feed the Kitty," in which a big, tough bulldog goes all mushy over a tiny black kitten. What wonderful pictures, and what a fun and unusual home!

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

I think it's great how your dogs adore the kittens so. The kittens will be used to dogs!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Hailey looks like she is just a little social butterfly befriendsing everyone and a camera hog, posing for the camera to show her beautiful self off!

This is just far to much cuteness and definantley a big overlaod of it.. I am so glad you had that stern warning or I would have fainted away to the floor with all this cuteness in one thread. They are all just so adoreable, how in the world will you ever be able to part with any of them! That pen your BF made is GREAT, that picture of him sleeping with all the kittens is priceless!

Question... How in the world did you get that many kittien to sit still for pictures? (They are all great shots too!)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Molly and Lucy are wonderful dogs! How lucky you are! And Max...that little boy makes my heart go pitter pat. The expression on his face is one of defiance and tough guy. Ya gotta love that! All of them are so adorable! How do you get anything done? I'd be playing w/them all day!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Benadryl! No, I'm totally kidding obviously! I just took like, 1,000 photos and weeded out the good ones Sometimes I would hold a little toy above the camera to try to get them to look at it. But the best idea was to wait until they were tired! This morning Hailey seems to be sneezing less. I was expecting this morning that her eyes would be all goopy since I hadn't cleaned them all night, but they're not at all. She has only sneezed once so far this morning...and just did again, so, twice. I'm keeping a close eye on her, and I'm going to try to get her a vet appt. for today or Monday. She's eating and drinking totally normal, and going NUTS running and playing and pouncing - so she seems to be feeling fine, which is good!

Thank you Kay for the awesome siggy!!!

I did not get anything done. I basically played with kittens for 2 days straight, and loved it!

Those are some precious pictures and I enjoyed each one. Molly & Lucy look as though they are so gentle and sweet towards the visitors. I also love to see dogs and cats so friendly with one another. Max was welcoming as well

Some of the kitty names really made me grin...like Romeo and Rambo.

Several of your pictures are as cute as any I have seen circulating the internet.

Thanks!

Hailey has lovely green eyes! What a great group.

HOW did you place NINE kittens in 2 days? Do you require that they keep the cat indoors? That they not declaw the cat? Where do you find all these people? My goodness, you barely got them named and sorted out (there are a few who look quite similar) and they were off to their new homes!

Yup, didn't realize how big Maxie was getting until seeing him in these photos.

Where is Cheddar? Or did I miss something?

You (and your finace) are special people to be doing this. Wonderful!

sirrahbed, I'm glad you liked them, thanks! Our dogs like basically any animal that we bring through the door, it's nice, they're pretty neutral about everything, we trained them to be gentle, and they really are.

Freedom, I really like Hailey's eyes too I was really amazed at how fast the kitties were placed as well. I had pictures of them before they got up here, so I emailed people who I had previously adopted dogs to, and asked them to spread the word. Then, I listed them on craigslist, and screened potential adopters thoroughly - made sure people who owned their homes actually DID own them, and made sure renters had permission for cats. I did vet checks, reference checks, and they really did all go to awesome homes! They either went in pairs, or to a home that had other animals for them to play with (cats, or dog friendly cats). I checked with the vet references they provided to make sure their animals were never declawed, were spayed/neutered, and up to date on vaccines and such. And, I made everyone sign a contract saying the cat would be an indoor pet, be spayed/neutered when age appropriate, and would bring them back to ME if for some reason a placement did not work out.

Cheddar got sick the DAY before the transport, and couldn't come He had diarrhea, but is now feeling much better. There is supposed to be a transport leaving Tennessee on Wednesday and getting here on Friday, which he will be on if it actually happens. God, I hope so. I want him here already!

Isn't it crazy how similar some of them looked Gavin and Max especially. Gavin had more of a white chest than Max, but it was hard to tell them apart unless held up next to each other. Rambo and Jake looked a lot alike too, but Rambo was darker gray. Romeo and Sophie were the same color, but Romeo was much bigger (and a total bully - he knew he was the biggest!)

We had so much fun doing this. Every cat we take from my friend and place in a home is another kitten that she can take in and help and bottle feed. So, on the next transport, we're getting 12 more (including Cheddar). I figure this went so well, why not right? I charged a modest adoption fee to cover most of what we spent on the kittens vaccines, physical exams, deworming and health certificates, as well as their transport fees - I felt like this weeded out a lot of people who weren't serious pet owners.

My friend just got 7 more 4 week old babies yesterday, and a few days ago she got 7 6 day old babies - so again, she has her hands full. There are 3 with her right now who are almost 5 weeks old, and starting to eat hard food, but still get bottles 4 times per day. Bless her heart for doing this - I would go insane!!

The Cuteness!!!!!!!!!! It's Unbearable!! OMGosh, and I just love all the orangies. I love orange cats and fell in love with Zak, Max, and Gaven

And I think you made a great choice with keeping Hailey, she is beautiful and definately looks like she does not want to go anywhere, she look so comfortable in your home I'm glad all the kitties found good homes so nice an fast

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Thanks Kalei!! I've already gotten some great updates on the kitties - Zak is in a home with an older cat and an Akita, and the Akita keeps giving him baths - adorable!

Jake and Jade went together to a home with a few other cats, and 3 dachshunds - and they are playing with all of them! I can't wait to see pics of that.

Hailey is asleep on my chest right now - she gets very upset when we're not paying enough attention to her, and nips at my fingers/nose/hand, whatever, to let me know that I need to pet her lol.

I made a vet appointment for Hailey for 8:30am Monday morning. She seems like she's feeling totally fine, and is acting like a little devil, but I want to get her some antibiotics if she needs them, and get her checked out to be on the safe side. She's so sweet

Our Favorite Is Either The Ones With That Gentle Pup Sniffing His New Friends Or Those Sprawling Kitten Pile Ups Of Love.
    Those Are Some Of The Nicest Photos That I Have Ever Seen On Pet Talk.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand it! What dolls!
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Thanks Catmandu - that means a lot coming from you!

ElizabethAnn - There will be 12 more here next week, as long as the transport comes on schedule If you want to come down here with Fenway and play with the kitties, you're more than welcome to! My dogs would love more doggie company!

They're all so adorable that I had to look at all of these precious pictures again. I'm so glad that all of the kittens went to wonderful loving homes. I can't wait to see the next batch of kittens and Cheddar too.

I'm glad to hear that Hailey is doing better and hopefully she isn't sick. Sometimes stress can weaken their immune systems so maybe this is what happened. She sure is a cutie pie and is already fitting right in with your other furkids. I look forward to being able to watch her,Max, and Cheddar grow up.