Thread: My cat smells like urine! Help!

My cat smells like urine! Help!

Hi everyone! I need help! Eugene was neutered today at the local shelter which also has a spay/neuter clinic. When I picked him up he was soaked in his own urine inside of his pet taxi. Now we are home and it's awful! I've tried giving him a sponge bath with a wet rag but it doesn't seem to be working. I have him confined in the bathroom until he's feeling better - but poor thing is stinking it up! How can I get the smell off of him without hurting him?

Thanks!

He'll probably clean himself...cats are good at that.

All I can think of is a bath, but not right after neutering.

Give the vet a call, see what they say.

Good luck! He is SOOO cute!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The smell of a male, the strongness of it, after he's neutered takes about 3 months before it's totally gone. Wait a while and then maybe give him a bath, if the smell isn't gone by then.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Awe... poor little boy! He probably was scared at the vet clinic and had to go and till you picked him up, he probably had to go. He'll clean himself up soon enough. A few of my guys get really upset being in the carrier and going to the vet and will pee in the carrier, which of course ends up getting on them Poor things just get upset.