Thread: Help My hubby brought home 2 kittens!!!!!! need advice*** pics***

Help My hubby brought home 2 kittens!!!!!! need advice*** pics***

My hubby brought home 2 kittens ......apparently thier mom was hit by a car in front of his job. I am not too sure how old they are but they fit into the palm of my hand . So I guess they arent too old. My issue is I have 2 older cats and they arent happy with the new ones. I am not too sure what to do here.
    Also what do I feed them . I have never had any this tiny .. I could sure use everyones help on this.

I havent been on for a while so I need to post current pics of snoopy and oreo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kittys 003.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	955.2 KB 
ID:	36135   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kittys 004.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	722.8 KB 
ID:	36136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kittys 005.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	894.8 KB 
ID:	36137  
    Last edited by Heather78418; 06-12-2007 at 11:16 PM.

If they are that tiny they probably still need kitten milk like KMR that you can buy at a pet store and bottle feed them. If you could post a picture it would help to see how big they are. Are their eyes opened yet? They usually open their eyes at around 10-14 days old.

I would keep them away from your older cats until you can make sure they are healthy kittens.

We have some bottle baby experts here who can hopefully give you some great advice.

Best of luck!

Sounds like they will need help with bathroom habits too!!!
    Warm damp wash cloth to the rear end after feeding. Gently wiping will make them poop and pee.
    I'm sure the other "bottle meowmies" have more advice!!!
    Best wishes!!!
    Mommy to Timothy, Cheese, Chaz and Junior...and RB Baby Doodles

Oh wow, they are much bigger than I expected. Probably would do well with softened kitten food. Use water to soften it and not cows milk (not good for them). You can make it like mush if they have trouble with it at first.

They are very cute.

Probably best thing would be to keep them confined in a small area like a bathroom. Set up a small litter box and start getting them used to using that (should come naturally), water bowl and soft bedding. Hopefully they will take to the kitten food quickly. Kitten Chow seems to be a good one.

There are several people here that can help you like Moosmom or jenluckenbach or you can look up info on the internet or even call your vet or an ER vet for help. I hope that they'll thrive in your care. Good luck.

They look to be about 6 weeks old, in which case they can probably eat regular wet cat food, and you can gradually mix in some dry stuff.

Good luck!!

Thank you Kay for the awesome siggy!!!

They are adorable! And they are certainly old enough to eat some kitten dry and canned food. (probably 8-10 weeks old)

It is also EXTREMELY normal for your cats to not be fond of the new ones. You'd be best off to keep the babies in a room by themselves. Not only will you not have to worry about introductions (yet) but they will be close to their litter box. (and keep the adults out of the kitten food.)

If you plan to keep them, you can work on the introductions later.

Have fun, They look like a bundle of energy!

They are adoreable! Make sure you feed then Kitten Food since their little bodies are growing and need all the nutirents peovided in Kitten Food...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

They can probably eat regular kitten food now w/no problem. To be safe, though, keep them isolated from your bigger cats and slowly introduce them. You want to be sure they're safe and also that your cats aren't exposed to any diseases. Good luck and bless your husband for bringing them home!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh look at the little ones! How sweet! Enjoy and keep posting pics for us!!!

They sure are cute. I agree on being 6 weeks or so. Probably can eat softened food and can food at this point. They look a bit thin and probably had a rough life so far. They quite likely have worms from looking at them.(maybe im crazy, but I swer I can tell by looking at young kittens if they are just thin or have worms) I would take them in to have a look over by a vet if you can.
    Emily with Snow, Cowgirl, and Chunky

I agree with Jen!!! the older cats are just huffy that there are other cats on their turf!!! You could even put out a small pan with a little of litter and put those cuties in it after they eat. I was lucky with the little ones that I have hand raised, once show the litterbox, they were in there scratching around and doing their business in the box!!! Good luck with the babies, and give the older cats time to adjust!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

They are definitely older than 6 weeks as their eyes are not baby blue any longer. (at least that is how it appears in the photos._)

One food that has never failed me is the Royal Canin Baby Kitten Food and thier Kitten Food which is usually promotionally priced.
    You might try the Canned Kitten Food as well as that is what I am feeding Roccalno and Babies To Be.The best of luck with those Little Wonders and Bless You for helping them out.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS