Thread: bunny poop?

bunny poop?

I'm not sure if my bunny is sick or not...

She is skinnier but she is also getting bigger. What can I feed her to help her gain weight? Right now all she is getting is unlimited timothy hay. Her poop is solid but it is kinda wet...and i'm not sure what to do about it. Any suggestions?
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!
    In two short months I will have my dream horse, Cesar!

She sounds fine, your probly just seeing fresh poo.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I really hope so. Are there any foods I can feed her that will fatten her up because she seems pretty thin...
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!

You can mix alfalfa hay with her for a bit. Pellets will fatten her up but they aren't great for her. If she's eaing till she is full she might just have a small figure.

They also produce another poo that is wet and looks like a bunch of small grapes stuck together. People usually think that thier rabbit is sick and has diarehha but it's just thier food going around a second time and they end up eating it to help with digestion. So don't be surprised if you never see it.

Do you feed her greens yet?
    How old is she?
    Is she spayed yet?
    See ALL my pets here

shes not spayed...shes atleast 3 months old and I only feed her collared greens

She needs a much more varied diet than just collard greens! She also should have plenty of hay - alfala until she is full grown. Right now she's not getting a balanced diet. Try adding parsley (Miss Hoppy says the flat "Italian" pasley is tastier than the curly stuff), dandelion greens and flowers if you have dandelions in your yard (you can buy the greens at the store) stuff like dill, Romaine lettuce, carrots and carrot tops - see
    http://www.rabbit.org/care/veggies.html for a good list.

Yes, she's definatly not getting enough. She needs alot more greens, some vegtables. You can give her fruit too but not too much. The site Karen gave you is a great site.
    Also getting spayed usually will make them put on some weight.
    Do you plan on getting her spayed?
    See ALL my pets here

Well I mean thats not the only food she gets... she eats the dandelions in our yard...as for parsley- we're growing some and I can get some soon. We're growing romaine lettuce and some other green things...(i have no idea) She had alfalfa hay before but she didnt like it very much. Only in the cubes...

Ehhh. I wasn't planning on getting her spayed...She's the only bunny I have and I'm not getting anymore while I have her, so she wont be used for breeding or anything.

You should still plan to get her spayed when she's six months old. Female rabbits who don't get spayed have a shorter life expectancy, and are prone to develop ovarian cancer. So spaying is for her health, not just to prevent her breeding. It will also make her less prone to "marking" a.k.a. peeing on things to identify HER territory ... She NEEDS the alfalfa hay for the calcium it provides while she grows. She also needs the hay for her digestive tract as well. Keep her provided with fresh hay and she'll likely nibble it, maybe not when you are looking, but a growing bunny needs her alfalfa for healthy bone growth.

PLEASE get her spayed. Within the first 2 years rabbits are highly subsepatable to getting ovarian cancer. Ovarian cancer is actually the #1 killer in unspayed rabbits shortening their life from 2-4 year instead of 10-15 years when they are fixed. You will also experience alot of attitude issues with her and territory.They usually become alot more loving too after they get fixed.

And just for the record I had only one girl bunny at one time and she was spayed, Karen's miss hoppy is the only bunny in the house and she is also spayed.
    See ALL my pets here