View Poll Results: Does your pet take medication?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 24.24%
  • No

16 48.48%
  • Some do, some don't.

9 27.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does any of your pets take medications?

Does any of your pets take medications?

Just curious how many of your pets take medications. Not counting vitamins or suppliments.

Zoey takes Rimedyl, hopefully we can take her completly off that soon.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Lacey is taking Temaril-P ,temporarily, for what we believe is a grass allergy and Layla takes Diethylstilbestrol for urinary incontinence, most likely for life.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

If dewormer counts, Gizzie has another dose coming up on the 29th.

If that doesn't count then none of them are on medications .
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Chum and Earle get thyroid meds twice a day every day. Goldie gets Meloxicam daily for pain and inflammation control. All of those are life long treatments. Sleet gets Meloxicam on the days her hips are extra stiff. Right now that it.

Oh, yeah, Sleet will need her allergy shot soon. She gets a shot of depromedrol to control intense itching every summer. And Deuce gets Benadryl when his nose swells up.
    Last edited by Glacier; 06-20-2007 at 01:04 AM.

I've been giving Boone Benadryl for a week now for flea problems that I posted about in Dog General and Kersey is on Phenopropoline (I'm sure I hacked the spelling of that) for urinary incontinence. She has been incontinent since her spay when she was 8 months old and she will always have problems with it. The meds work great and I only have to give her a pill every other day. I call them her "pee pee pills" and whenever I ask Kersey if she wants her pee pee pill she gets excited, since they're given to her by hiding it in a part of a hotdog

Right now Starr is on .5ml of prednisolone once a day for his colitis and food allergy problems that cause him to have severe diarrhea and Storm is on .3ml of clomicalm once a day for his inappropriate peeing and aggressivess towards his siblings. I hope that some day they will be able to be weaned off of these meds.

King when he was alive was on a diuretic for Congestive Heart Failure. (only had to give him one every four days though. And despite how it sounds he actually had a very healthy heart.)

Koli was just diagnosed with incontinence. She was put on ...some long P word. She'll have to take something for the rest of her life. After this bottle is gone I'll probably switch her to an herbal supplement.

For Zoey... please read my signature. My vet wouldn't even put a dog on Rimedyl unless the dog was in it's last weeks of life and scheduled to be put down any how.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    Just curious how many of your pets take medications. Not counting vitamins or suppliments.

Zoey takes Rimedyl, hopefully we can take her completly off that soon.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I didn't vote, because none of them are on medications currently. They have been in the past, though - only for short periods of time.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Clover is on Stilboestrol for life for urinary incontinence, i have finally got her under control with 1 - 2 a week. Penny is on Metacam for life aswell.

None of my pets do right now, although in two weeks time Kalypso will have be taking deworm pills.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Off and on for my special boy, Sid(rat). :]
    He has some meds for when his neurological problem starts affecting his daily activities; which, luckily, isn't often. Honestly, I'm unsure of what the meds are, just something the vet gave us that works.

Frisk(my dog) has meds for his feet when they get raw and irritated(allergies).

Both will probably have to take their meds off and on for the rest of their lives.

Giz is on meds for her heart murmur, daily.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

None of mine are on any prescribed meds, Charlie gets benedryl as needed for seasonal allergies, which are flaring up REALLY badly now and he has bald spots all over from scratching

facebook

Stella is on phenobarbital to control her seizures, Fender is on nothing.

Reggie WAS taking meds for a Stomach Virus but is not currently taking anything.