Thread: My Stitch is sick..

My Stitch is sick..

My poor baby is sick. I took her to the vet yesterday and she has a virus. There is bad bacteria in her body that needs to come out. She started throwing up and having diarrhea on Monday, but it didn't last all day. She got really freaked out when we had a thunderstorm, so I thought it was just her nerves. She was fine all day Tuesday. Yesterday my brother came home from work and Stitch had diarrhea in her crate (she tried getting it outside of her crate) =( and threw up when he took her outside. He said that she came in the house after her walk and started shaking. Of course, I left work immediately to take her to the vet.
    They did a fecal exam and ruled out any type of worms/parasites. They put a "water pack" under her skin for hydration, gave her some antibiotics, bland dog food and some sort of packet to add to the dog food. Needless to say, she tears up that wet dog food (she usually gets dry) and takes her pill. Last night she hacked a lot, but no throw up. I was outside with her at midnight, but nothing ever came up and she seemed constipated. She looks dazed and worn out- not her normal Jack Russell self. It broke my heart to leave her this morning, but my mom is going over to my house to check on her and take her out (and spoil her, of course). She won't be alone for long today.
    If she doesn't get better by Monday (after all of her pills are gone), I have to take her in for bloodwork. Please pray for her and keep your fingers crossed that it is nothing serious. My poor baby!
    I love my Jack Russells, Lilo & Stitch!

Poor Stitch. I hope your feeling all better soon.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)