Thread: Can spayed females get PMS???

Can spayed females get PMS???

Things still aren't back to normal yet at home - this evening we will have been back a week. Cassy is fine, but Livvy is short tempered and hissing, slashing, and on one occasion she bit Cassy's tail while he was sitting staring out a window...

I'm trying to be understanding because she's been through a lot lately, but my patience is wearing thin. A neighbor asked if she could be having PMS issues after witnessing some of her behavior. I said not, but now am beginning to wonder. She is 39 months old, spayed, having hairball problems but per the vet is fine other than that. Our heatwave has just broken. Am I just too impatient with her? She will allow me to pet her, but will not initiate any cuddling sessions anymore. [I know, she misses her Oliver! ] She quit pooping inappropriately several days ago. Is a week a reasonable time for a traumatized cat to act up?

Anyone have ideas?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Poor Livvy, she's really letting you have it for going away and leaving her in Gilroy, huh?
    My assumption from her behavior is that cats are funny creatures sometimes. Strangely enough, she's been away from her home and all of its scents and smells. After being in a new place, then being back in the home, maybe the scents and smells are a little frightening and she's just taking her time adjusting?? Give her some extra treats and scritchies and hopefully she'll come around soon!

**hugs**

POOR LIVVY.... AND CASSY TOO!!
    I think Karen is right. I would give her a little more time... (and lots of treats and games and toys )
    This guy I used to work with took his cat Maggie to the vet and when he got home Patty ( the other cat) was hissin and spittin on her too for like a week or so. I think she just needs a little bit longer to settle down and stop holdin her grudge ..
    Maybe give them both a bath THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN HUH!!
    Then she will be real mad but they will both smell the same
    GOOD LUCK......... keep us posted!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Yes, I'd give her some more time too. Some cats just take a little longer to get over things. Good luck.

The first time Edwina became angry with me (when I returned to work after taking the summer off) it was AT LEAST a week before she would even look in my direction. She would keep her back to me at all times. FInally when she felt I had been punished enough she returned to normal -- cat normal anyway

Add the heat to it -- I can tell you -- heat sure makes me a ......

so give her some more time...to feel secure in her surroundings and in you!

The heat wave's broken, which is good. My thirteen year old nephew is visiting, so she is getting more attention during the day which is good; but it is a change that she did not approve or initiate, so maybe we should say it is a draw?

I will try to be more patient with her. She did have a very upsetting time just prior to my "going away and abandoning her".
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Poor thing, I guess that she needs some more time, be patient with her.

Taa Dah! This morning I was awakened with "Kitty Kisses" from my furry princess. It's a huge relief that she's more herself again. (Tomorrow it will be two weeks that she's been back from the 'cat spa'...) Whew!

That's great news AmberLee. I'm so glad that she's finally forgiving you and returning to normal.

Oh I'm so glad, Amberlee. Now life can continue without you feeling guilty or mean. She has finally forgiven you and all is right in Livvy Land.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl