Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foster Kittens - Cuteness Warning! Updated 6/4/07 With More Pics!

Foster Kittens - Cuteness Warning! Updated 6/4/07 With More Pics!

So, many of you read my post in Cat Memorial, about losing our beloved Commodus tragically last weekend

The woman who we adopted him from happens to still have his brother, who they have been calling Cheddar, and we are getting him on June 13th. After speaking with her a bit on the phone, I realized how overwhelmed she is right now. Every spring/summer during kitten season, this woman takes in orphaned litters of kittens, and bottle feeds them until they are eating regular food, using the litter box, and are ready to be adopted to great homes. Sometimes they are orphaned when the Mama is hit by a car, or sometimes when the Mama is euthanized at a high kill shelter. Sometimes, because of her reputation for doing this, people simply dump litters on her front porch, leaving her to care for them.

Last time I spoke with her, she had 24 kittens in her home, ranging from a couple of days old, to about 8-9 weeks old. This morning I found out she just got another litter on her porch, that is about 3 days old, bringing the total to about 30.

To try to help her out a bit, when we get Cheddar on the 13th, I am also having her send 5 foster kitties our way. We live in Massachusetts, and she lives in Tennessee in a very rural area. There are a lot more loving adoptive homes up here than there are in her neck of the woods, so I figured why not?

My fiance and I are going to be paying for their transport fees to get them here, and each of them will be having a comprehensive physical exam by a vet and be issued a health certificate prior to traveling to us. They will receive all age appropriate shots, have fecal checks done, and be dewormed if necessary.

These babies are between 5 and 9 weeks old, and precious. We're going to foster them until we find excellent homes for them. If anyone is in the New England area, and would like to come meet them, you're more than welcome to. And please spread the word - although I love the idea of having a bunch of furkids running around for a while, I'm sure it will get a bit hectic - and they deserve a loving forever home ASAP. They're all very healthy, as they have been bottle fed, and kept in a home environment the entire time.

Here are some pictures of the ones I am getting.

Sophie

Sophie was an owner surrender, and is about 5 weeks old now.

Gavin

Gavin was also an owner surrender, from the same litter as Sophie. 5 weeks old as well.

Jade

Jade's mother was killed when she was only a couple of days old. She is about 5-6 weeks old now.

Zak

Zak is Jade's brother - about 5-6 weeks old.

Romeo

Romeo's mother was killed when he was less than 1 week old, and is about 6 weeks old now.

Thanks for looking!!
    Last edited by LuckyNumber7; 06-05-2007 at 09:52 AM.

Thank you Kay for the awesome siggy!!!

Oh, and here is our new baby, Cheddar. I cannot wait to meet him. I sort of would like to name him something that memorializes Commodus (Commie) in some way, but I can't think of anything appropriate - any ideas? if not, we will keep the name CHeddar, since I like that!

Oh my, what a group of cutie patooties! Better watch out, you may break the camera with all the cuteness coming your way!

And Cheddar is such a handful! Such a new and exciting adventure for you.

I am in love with Romeo and Gavin--- If just you lived in England instead of New England!
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

I love Gavin too - SO cute!!!

Freedom, I'm hoping he's a handful, and as quirky as Commie was I keep bugging the lady who has him right now with questions about his personality...she's been so patient about my incessant barrage of emails LOL....I think she knows that I'm just so anxious to get him. Max is still missing his friend, and I think it will help a lot to have a buddy for him again.

AWW they are all so cute but man Romeo is just stunning!

They're all so unbelievably adorable! Gavin and Sophie are just too cute. I love them all! Bless you for doing this.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Bless me?! Pffftt - I'm gonna be in kittie heaven while they're here lol!

I'm thinking about investing in one of those little play pen things to keep them corralled when necessary, and keep them safe.

My dogs are going to be in heaven. Their favorite thing in the world is playing with cats, so this is going to make for some great kodak moments.

June 13th can't come fast enough. I'm such a geek, I already have 3 cat carriers stacked by the door 11 more days!!

Also, what color do you think Romeo is?? It's so hard to tell because of the flash....

A kind of Whitey grey colour- I think
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Thank You for the CUTENESS ALERT!!! They are just so precious!!! GOOD LUCK!!
    Nine is Fine!!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    OMG! Cuteness overload is right! I'm in love with Gavin and Romeo too. Romeo looks like a cream color. And as for Cheddar's name - I love it! Keep it! Love the big pic of him - look at all those widdle teeth! So cute!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I am so glad you had the cuteness warning but it really should be a stiffer warning! I about fainted at all that cuteness... almost to much at one time!!! You are going to have so much fun with them in your house and I can't wait for the pictures!!!

That last picture of Cheddar cracked me up! That is waaaaaaay to precious for anybody! Looks to me like he is screaming "MOMMIE WHERE ARE YOU?!"
    I would also keep that name, it fits him.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Michael and Miquelito wonder if you call the New Kitten Cheddar Mike and they will be his Guardian Angels.
    They are a little jealous as a lot of the Found Cats and Angels have proteges and they would like one too.
    PLEASE!!!
    We will share whats in our dish!!!!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

That is such a great thing you are doing, i am in awe. And oh god they are all so adorable. I'd have them all! I will keep my fingers crossed and pray that they all find forever homes and live contented happy lives.