Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cracker Jack & Robin Uppydate-Pics added on post #16

Cracker Jack & Robin Uppydate-Pics added on post #16

Hi all

While I'm waiting for Ebby's video to download, I thought I'd give you a little uppydate on CJ & R.

They are getting along fabulously - not best of friends, but no fights and actually a slight little bit of playful interaction now and then. They both had a vet visit today, just shots and checkup for both, and they are in perfect health. CJ is 9 lbs 8 oz and Robin is 9 lbs 3 oz. I was surprised at that because CJ is soooo skinny and Robin seems like a little chunk compared to him, but I guess it's just that she's short and squat and he's long and lean. The vet said "You have two very svelte kitties!"

The only bad news was that they both should have their teeth cleaned, and Robin has at least one tooth that he said will probably need to be pulled. I'm going to have to wait until we're more settled for awhile before I take her in for that - maybe once we get back to Arizona for the winter.

Oh, and I had a chip put in Robin so now they both have microchips and will be known as MY kitties in case they ever get lost.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know the good news. Unfortunately I'm on Terry's computer right now so I don't have any pics to upload, but I will try to get some up tomorrow.

Currently in Illinois and headed for Wisconsin on Tuesday.
    Last edited by Tubby & Peanut's Mom; 06-03-2007 at 08:56 PM.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

OMG! It is so nice to "see" you! I have missed hearing from you. Isn't it wonderful to get a good vet report? I cherish each and every good visit these days. I'm sure the teeth will be fine until you can settle down long enough to get them cleaned.

Debbie, I hope you and Terry are having a wonderful time on your travels. I hope you will update us on where you've been and where you're headed!

Logan, Honey, Mack and Butter

Thanks so much for checking in Debbie.. (I know, I'm one to talk right? ) We've been thinking of you every time the conversation turns to "exploding" food and "how to boil an egg" Sorry, couldn't resist Drive gently and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Hi Girl!! It is so nice to hear from you and hear about CJ & Robin. I have to take Amy & Giz for their annual too but I think I will wait a bit.. my shoulder is giving me fits and I don't think I could handle two kennals right now.

I am tickled to hear they are sort of getting along better!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Debbie - it's good to hear from you and get news about the "kids." I'm glad they're both doing well

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Debbie, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well and I look forward to seeing some new pictures soon. I can't believe that both of your cats are only in the 9 lb range. Now my Starr weighs 9 lbs. 7 oz. and he's my smallest cat in length. I think that Pearl is probably my thinnest cat and weighs the least right now because she's a picky eater and is very active.

Storm has bad gingivitis but my new vet doesn't want to put him under and have his teeth cleaned and he just had them cleaned last year. I'm now using C.E.T. oral hygiene rinse on all of my cats except for Starr. My vet said to just use a q-tip and them swab it along their upper and lower gumline at least 2 times a week. I've been trying to do Storm, Sunny, and Sky every night and Pearl and Ziggy at least 2 times a week. Maybe you should look into this if CJ and Robin will let you do this to them. Here's a link to it: CET Oral Hygiene Rinse.

Thanks for the update Debbie. Sounds like they're both doing so well and can't wait for photos. Hopefully your next stop in AZ will bring you by so we can meet Robin, or at least drive to where you are. Have fun on your adventures.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Well hello there!! It is great to hear from you and to know the kids are doing so well. I appreciate the toofy cleaning situation - we have one of those here as well. Better to be safe (proactive) than sorry later. Poor babies - no one likes going to the dentist-guy!

Stay safe and please stay in touch.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Hi Debbie! It's great to hear from you and know you're enjoying your traveling! Glad that CJ and Robin get along so fine.

Uhh, a teeth pulled - that means anaesthesia, but she'll get over it!

Fister went to the vet just before I went to England (thread in General with pics, started by Sara), and he was in a fine condition - didn't even need a teeth cleaning. Since I've poured a bit of "Plague Off" on his wet food and brushed his teeth (from the outside) with his rubber brush, his gums seems a lot better.

Looking forward to the pics!

Have fun!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks everyone. Still on Terry's computer so no pics, but it's supposed to rain this afternoon so hopefully it will and I'll be able to get pics up....during the race of course (Nascar).

I was worried that the snots might feel a little "punky" yesterday after their shots, but no need to worry! They both came through it fine, and CJ was even begging to come outside by us last night as we sat around the campfire. I remembered how he use to adore the fireplace, so we brought him out and he had a grand ol' time chasing the evening bugs. No cikadas though - drat! (I know that's spelled wrong, but oh well). The entire Chicago area is buzzing with them, but we have NONE down here near Kankakee - NONE!

And thanks Tracey for the link for the oral hygiene rinse stuff. I'll have to check it out. If it keeps Robin out of the vet's office, I'm sure she'll learn to like it.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Glad to hear that all is well w/you and your furkids.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Its great to hear from you again and we know that Peanut and the Tubby Angels were with Robin and Cracker Jack when they were at the Vets making sure that everything went all right.
    They are living it up in Tokoyo, I think Pekings next as they have heard great thing about thier duck!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Cracker Jack & Robin

Greetings Pilgrim!!! It's great to hear from you again and even better to know that things are going well. Looking forward to pictures of CJ and Robin. Happy trails to you and Terry.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest

Happy trails from the Tribe

Hi CJ & Robin....hope you are having fun on your travels. Keep those pearly whites clean guys - Percy can tell you that tooth problems are no fun.

Stay cool....travelin' cats Rule!

The Tribe
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

Enjoy your time in Wisconsin! Do you plan to back track back out West when your visit is over?

So glad to hear the kitties are doing well.

Travel safe!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June