Thread: Cameras -Got Nikon Coolpix L11-

Cameras -Got Nikon Coolpix L11-

Okay, well I went to a horse ranch for memorial day weekend. I never told you guys or shared pictures. But my vivatar camera broke while I was there, and I just used my kodak. I was originally going to get a new camera for my birthday but now for 8th grade graduation i'm getting a new one, since the Kodak is too big and kills batteries fast. I went to walmart today and here are some I liked. I want a video with sound, good megapixels, has to be on the small side and macro are must haves.

Pentax Optio M30
    -7.1 megapixels
    -3x opt. zoom
    -2.5 screen
    This one has macro, but I have to see if has video with sound

Nikon Coolpix L10
    -5.0 megapixels
    -3x opt. zoom
    -2.0 screen
    Has macro and i'm pretty sure video with sound. This was one of my favorites, I really liked it since it was also very small.

Kodak C653
    -3x opt. zoom
    -2.4 screen
    -not sure megapixels
    My dad doesn't really like kodak cameras, he says Canon and Nikon are the best though.

Kodak C743
    -3x opt. zoom
    -5x digital zoom
    -2.4 screen

SonyDSWC55
    -7.2 megapixels
    -not sure about anything else
    This one was I liked alot also

What do you guys think?? I'm really leaning towards the Nikon. I'm going to look on bestbuy, circuit city, and staples websites to see whats on those.
    Last edited by I_luv_rusty; 08-16-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Out of those listed, I would go with the Nikon.

I'd also looking into the Canons in the same price range.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I would honestly go for the Pentax Optio M30. I have a Pentax Option M20 and I am guessing this one is newer version of mine. I am positive it will have video with sound as, mine does. I LOVE my camera and I really have nothing to complain about with other then the lousy optical zoom! Otherwise, Pentax is a wonderful camera company and it's very easy to use. My camera is very small to, and you can carry it anywhere. Good luck though.

The L10 does have video and sound. Here is a link of a review and specs

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I found a website for this camera:

The 7.1 megapixel CCD and 3x optical zoom in the M30 assures high resolution images

Using a new compact battery and miniaturized circuitry, the M30 is extremely thin and compact

Digital Shake Reduction mode automatically selects higher ISO setting to prevent blur due to subject or photographer movement

The Auto Macro feature allows the M30 to automatically switch to the macro focusing mode which captures subjects down to 4 inches (10 cm)

Face Recognition Auto Focus and Auto Exposure automatically detects a persons face and assures properly exposed portraits

Mode pallet includes auto picture mode to automatically select the best settings

High-quality extended movie captures QuickTime motion JPEG (640 x 480) at 30fps with a range of built-in editing functions

http://www.pentaximaging.com/product...section--optio

It's not a hard choice anymore. I would definately go with this, especially with my experience with this company.

Hi, I am looking to get a digital camera as well. I made a list of features I needed to consider and set up a spreadsheet in excel to compare different ones. Here are the features I listed:

Optical zoom
    Digital zoom
    viewfinder? (Some don't have one, you have to use the LCD!!!)
    size built in memory
    megapixels
    movie mode w/sound
    battery type (I want one I can put in rechargeable nicads, and I do not want to have to order special battery packs)
    USB 2.0 and cable included
    LCD size (eats up battery use)
    SD/etc (I bought a new printer last year and want to use that it takes 4 types of memory cards)

I am really liking the Canon Powershot A560. And it has an optional A/D adaptor kit.

Best price seems to be order online. I've never done that for technolgy items before.

I'd go with the Nikon. The battery lasts really long too (that is if its the special battery they supply. I might still have an extra battery floating around here from my old camera that I could send you.) I enjoyed the photos my Nikon took.

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    I'd go with the Nikon. The battery lasts really long too (that is if its the special battery they supply. I might still have an extra battery floating around here from my old camera that I could send you.) I enjoyed the photos my Nikon took.

I'm probably going to get the Nikon, but not the same one I posted above. I found the same exact Nikon just the L11 model and it is 6 megapixels. Its only a thrity dollar difference. Their is also a L12 model, and it 7 megapixels. But I've decided to probably get the L11 model. I'm going to the mall today, and there is a best buy in the area so my mom is going to take me there to look around and see if the L11 is there. Thanks for sending the extra battery offer, but I doubt my mom would like me giving out my address. I'll tell you guys what i've decided once I get back, of course i'll have to wait till June 19th to get the camera.

Well I got the Nikon Coolpix L11, my said I could have it early if I wanted. Of course, I took it early. I took a few pictures, they came out nice. I'll post them later.

I've had a Nikon Coolpix and it was OK, but the Olympus I have now is a lot better!! I'd look into that if I were you. John chose the Olympus over the others and he used to be a professional photographer.

Also, some of the Canons are quite good.

Check dpreview.com to compare! Good luck finding the right one for your needs!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Here is the Pentax Optio and the Nikon Coolpix and the Kodak C653 and the Kodak C743 and i think this is the sony one: Sony DSC F55

I've generally always had Nikons -- so have most of my friends and family, ranging from the point and shoot right up to the D80 model, and everything in between - and we've always been happy with the performance. I've also heard good things about Canons with the Digitech (spelling?) processing speeding up the save time to the card.

Hope you enjoy your new camera!