Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Found Dog... Ruby's Been ADOPTED!

Quote Originally Posted by jackie
    I have to give her aspirin for 20 days
    Aspirin?! All the experiences I've had with dogs having aspirin have been horrible. My vet would NEVER let you give aspirin to any dog. It's terrible for their body.

Could you please explain?

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I am not sure, but the vet said to give her 1/4th of an Aspirin everyday.

I assume it is to thin her blood out before the filiaria treatment?

I am going back on Tuesday, I am going to speak to the vet about the Aspirin then. Why are the mal effects of aspirin on a dog please?

1/4 of a childrens aspirin wouldn't have any bad effects that I've
    ever heard. Large doses of aspirin could upset the stomach.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am glad to hear that the boys are helping you to make Ruby feel at home. You really have been hero for her. I have a vague recollection that aspirin is one of the few pain relievers that is safe for dogs. Thank you again for helping this girl, and I will keep checking for updates.

I'm so glad you saved Ruby! I know Ruby is glad you saved her too! She is so unique and adorable looking! Good luck Ruby and yourself with her HW treatment and finding a forever home!

You might not get any kudos or good words about what you are doing from your family or friends, but what you are doing for Ruby is just wonderful! Hopefully after she's all healthy, at a happier wieght and ina good home they'll see what a great thing you did. My parents are never happy to see me bring home a homeless dog, but when they are sitting tight in their new homes they are always proud of me.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Hi all!

Haven't been online for ages, and life sometimes seems to get in the way of my posting.

Ruby has been adopted!!!!!

A woman who's podenco was stolen came to see if Ruby was her dog about a week after I found her. Unfortunately she still hasn't recovered her dog, but she fell in love and last week officially adopted her.

I am very happy and Ruby sailed through her heart worm treatments. She is still going to need a lot of behavioral work, but a loving home is the first step in the right direction!

What wonderful news!! Yay for Ruby!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Yay Ruby!!!

Thank you so VERY much Jackie for saving her.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Thanks so much not only for saving Ruby, but for updating us - sounds like the perfect happy ending!

what a blessing you've been for her. thanks for sharing happy news
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Update

The woman who adopted Ruby originally decided she was just too much work and returned her to the society. I suppose better sooner then later though.

The organization managed to have her placed in a podenco rescue in Austria (my girl is precious cargo :P) and shipped her over there about a month ago. From all accounts she seems to be doing well there and is awaiting adoption.

Here is the link for here page and the rescue site. Ruby