Thread: Did I really have to do this?

Did I really have to do this?

Ugh.

I got this brilliant idea of washing my most beautiful comforter today before putting it away for the summer.

My washer was too small for the comforter, but the dryer was the right size, so I thought I would handwash it in the bathtub, and then, dry it in the dryer.

The washing went well, and I THOUGHT the drying was going well too, but when I opened the dryer, I found that one of the pillow shams is burnt. WHAT??

I followed washing instructions...it said 'machine wash cold' and 'tumble dry'...Perhaps I was supposed to set the dryer to cooler settings. I don't know what I did wrong.

THANK GOD, the comforter is completely fine...it is dried 90% and I guess I will let the rest air dry. I'm not going to dare put it back in that dryer. The other pillow sham is fine too. It all looks beautiful and clean. I'm just devastated about the pillow sham that got burnt. This is the first time I've EVER ruined something in the dryer.

This comforter set was a gift from my parents on our wedding, and its very special to me. Thank God the comforter is fine...that's the main thing, but I'm wondering...is there any way I can get a pillow sham in the same exact fabric/design/color? It came with two shams and two pillow cases. My parents bought it from Macy's, and I haven't seen this design there again. Is it possible? Or will I just have to deal with having just one lovely sham for a queen sized bed.

I'm sad. How can I prevent this in the future? I don't want anything to happen to that comforter for years to come.

For years, we always took our comforter to the local laundromat to dry - their dryers are much bigger, so can handle it no problem. Check Macy's website, or if not, check Google for the pattern and manufacturer.

My mom did the same thing Karen, until she bought a larger size washer/dryer. Come to think of it, I should've washed it in my mom's machines. Sometimes we tend to use our brain too late.

I checked Macy's website and can't find it, but I did find the set at another store.

This is the comforter we have.

http://www.beddingstyle.com/product/...queen-set.html

I don't want to trouble anyone, but if possible, can anyone please help me find the same thing? They're selling the whole set on that site and I only want a pillow sham, sold seperately. I would love it if I can get a matching pillow sham again. Meanwhile, I'll keep looking.

Thanks!

Funny you mention this because I just checked on my comforter in the dryer.

I have local outlets, so I'll see if I can find that in any of them. I was hoping it would be Croscill because we have that outlet right next door.

Have you tired e-bay?

Aw, I'm sorry about your sham But I'm glad your comfortor is still okay. If I were you to make sure nothing ever happens to it, I would take it to a laundromat, it means a drive and some money, but in the end the comfortor still looks great and is very clean

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

My parents own a dry cleaners and I would have just taken it to my mom. LOL Sorry that doesn't help you. But I am going to try to help you find a replacement sham.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

wow that comforter is pretty. i'm going to print out the info sheet, for when i'm out at the mall this weekend, i'll check. have you tried on amazon.com or overstock.com for this?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I looked all over last night and I was able to find the complete set at several locations but could not find just the replacement sham. I even looked specifically for it. I tried ebay, amazon, just a general google search. Overstock and Smart bargains doesnt have that set in and don't have any shams alone either.

You COULD buy another set as a "spare" and then you'd have an extra sham? plus another set of sheets and another comcforter just in case hehe. I have actually done that =x

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

If you cannot find exactly the same sham....get two that coordinate and put the single in the middle as a "extra"...

I think the best thing is to dry clean but for comforters that is quite pricey.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Since you know who makes it, why not email them and tell them what you did and what you are looking for - include the story about it being special and a wedding gift - you never know what you might receive!!

They want to keep you happy, its worth a try. If they tell you they don't carry it any more, at least you tried.

Plan B

Is the burn mark in a place where you can alter the pillowcase? Make is shorter or make it fit a smaller pillow - they go and buy 2 matching shams, and use the "new" one as a extra pillow on the bed.

If you think long and hard enough, there is always a solution!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

I agree with CatsNClay.

Go to that link you posted. It say sit is made by Manor Hill, and that is in color it is a link to the manufacturer!

Then on their site, there is a contact us at te top!

Put in all the info, explain what happened and ask how to get another sham. I think shams come in 2 sizes, so make sure you put the size.

Let us know what happens!!!

I sent an email to the company through their website, but haven't heard back from them yet.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    If you cannot find exactly the same sham....get two that coordinate and put the single in the middle as a "extra"...
    That's exactly what I would do.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

in life there are more important things than shams.................figure out which color you are really fond of and get 2 in that color and use the gift sham as an accent.

Just my opinion
    Kym
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be